Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) (867 Views)

David Ibiyeomie Reacts To Killings: The Blood Of Killed Christians Will Cry Out! / Aloysius Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Invited By Police Over Ozubulu Killings / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Who Built Attacked Ozubulu Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by AbCompiler042: 3:36am On Aug 15, 2017
The founder of Ebubechukwu Uzo Foundation, High Chief Aloysius Ikegwuonu, a.k.a Bishop on Monday, paid a surprise visit to victims of church shooting which threw the entire nation into mourning on the 6th of August 2017 at St. Phillip's catholic church, Ofufe-Amakwa Ozubulu, Anambra state.

Preliminary reports released by the Anambra state government stated that the attack was an aftermath of a feud between "two brothers" while multiple reports claimed the gunmen were after the benefactor of the church, Chief Aloysius Ikegwuonu.

Full Gist Here:http://www.cfrmagazine.com/2017/08/photos-bishop-aloysius-ikegwuonu-visits.html?m=1

Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by odiereke(m): 3:46am On Aug 15, 2017
Nice move from this man.
Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by zolapower: 3:57am On Aug 15, 2017
Who is he ?
Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by heed101(m): 5:01am On Aug 15, 2017
odiereke:
Nice move from this man.
undecided
Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by ediama(m): 5:21am On Aug 15, 2017
Just observing to see their reactions.
As usual they maybe calling it God's will. But its a lie....its a reaction of an action in the past.
Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by EYIBLESSN(m): 5:23am On Aug 15, 2017
Bishop! Bishop !!
Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by Obascoetubi: 5:33am On Aug 15, 2017
Igbo bishop
Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by hopefulLandlord: 5:35am On Aug 15, 2017
RIP to the dead and I wish the injured a speedy recovery
That incidence is another proof Christianity is a lie and Yahweh is either imaginary or incompetent because he promised his followers divine protection but failed them at their hour of need

Let's read the Holy Bible for some of those verses, the below list isn't by any means exhaustive

1. Psalm 1:6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

2. Psalm 121:5-8 The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm– he will watch over your life ; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

3. Psalm 91:10-11 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

4. Isaiah 54:17“No weapon that is formed against you will prosper ; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD.

5. Proverbs 1:33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”

6. Psalm 34:7 For the angel of the LORD is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.

7. Psalm 112:6-7 Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

8. Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

9. Psalm 56:4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

10. Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe

11. Deuteronomy 31:8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

12. Genesis 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go , and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

13. Proverbs 3:24-26 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.

14. Psalm 27:1 Of David . The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear ? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid?

15. Psalm 91:1-4 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust .” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

16. Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

17. Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong fortress ; the godly run to him and are safe.

18. Psalm 144:2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge , who subdues peoples under me.

19. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent .

there are still many more similar verses in the Christian Bible

Typical christians consoling words: "Ooh don't worry dear, god works in mysterious ways you know. His ways are not our ways. He knows his reasons for everything."
Does god ever protect his followers? Is he even capable??
It's high time you guys wake up from slumber and face reality, not defending the stories made by some ancient men from a certain culture with every strength in your body.

Yahweh is either incompetent, liar or nonexistent and Christianity is a lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by LUGBE: 5:38am On Aug 15, 2017
A good move
Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by Sanchez01: 6:38am On Aug 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
RIP to the dead and I wish the injured a speedy recovery
That incidence is another proof Christianity is a lie and Yahweh is either imaginary or incompetent because he promised his followers divine protection but failed them at their hour of need

Let's read the Holy Bible for some of those verses, the below list isn't by any means exhaustive

1. Psalm 1:6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

2. Psalm 121:5-8 The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm– he will watch over your life ; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

3. Psalm 91:10-11 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

4. Isaiah 54:17“No weapon that is formed against you will prosper ; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD.

5. Proverbs 1:33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”

6. Psalm 34:7 For the angel of the LORD is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.

7. Psalm 112:6-7 Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

8. Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

9. Psalm 56:4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

10. Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe

11. Deuteronomy 31:8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

12. Genesis 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go , and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

13. Proverbs 3:24-26 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.

14. Psalm 27:1 Of David . The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear ? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid?

15. Psalm 91:1-4 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust .” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

16. Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

17. Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong fortress ; the godly run to him and are safe.

18. Psalm 144:2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge , who subdues peoples under me.

19. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent .

there are still many more similar verses in the Christian Bible

Typical christians consoling words: "Ooh don't worry dear, god works in mysterious ways you know. His ways are not our ways. He knows his reasons for everything."
Does god ever protect his followers? Is he even capable??
It's high time you guys wake up from slumber and face reality, not defending the stories made by some ancient men from a certain culture with every strength in your body.

Yahweh is either incompetent, liar or nonexistent and Christianity is a lie
I am fast beginning to think most of the self acclaimed atheists on the forum are mostly teenagers or some young folks who still have tons of problems with learning to move on when it matters the most.

For a minute, how about we question the source of the man who single handedly built the church in question? Sources claim his wealth is dirty, yet, you keep mentioning the name of the Lord like he wiped out your generation unfairly.

Since you love the Scriptures that much, I'd suggest you look at 1 Chronicles 28:3
But God said unto me, Thou shalt not build an house for my name, because thou hast been a man of war, and hast shed blood.

The above is in reference to the man David, the man after God's own heart. Yet, God prevented Him from building His Temple. Had he gone ahead, the presence of God would not be present therein.

If the man's wealth is questionable and a couple of high profiled individuals knew like the claims going around, yet he went ahead to build a place of worship, then expect that the presence of God be far from such a place.

You Googled and listed several passages about the righteous and safety, yet didn't bother to reflect deeply why this one man places the elderly folks on a monthly salary.

Safety is never assured when you, like Achan, have with you a foreign material that was never meant to be yours.
Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by hopefulLandlord: 6:57am On Aug 15, 2017
Sanchez01:

I am fast beginning to think most of the self acclaimed atheists on the forum are mostly teenagers or some young folks who still have tons of problems with learning to move on when it matters the most.

For a minute, how about we question the source of the man who single handedly built the church in question? Sources claim his wealth is dirty, yet, you keep mentioning the name of the Lord like he wiped out your generation unfairly.

Since you love the Scriptures that much, I'd suggest you look at 1 Chronicles 28:3

The above is in reference to the man David, the man after God's own heart. Yet, God prevented Him from building His Temple. Had he gone ahead, the presence of God would not be present therein.

If the man's wealth is questionable and a couple of high profiled individuals knew like the claims going around, yet he went ahead to build a place of worship, then expect that the presence of God be far from such a place.

You Googled and listed several passages about the righteous and safety, yet didn't bother to reflect deeply why this one man places the elderly folks on a monthly salary.

Safety is never assured when you, like Achan, have with you a foreign material that was never meant to be yours.

in your desperation to victim blame and absolve your god from his claims you ended up exposing your ignorance for everyone to see

I'll ignore the cheap shots in your post and focus on the more important parts

1. I'm in no way referring to the church as a building but its members, the promises in those 19 verses I gave are FOR the members not the building

2. and this exposes your biggest error, barely any member of a church knows how the church is built, ask any redeem member where the monies used in building redeem camp comes from and they would barely have the required information, they might say "Donations from members" but ask them if they know the source of wealth of the biggest contributors and they'll tell you they have no idea!!! why? BY LAW CHURCHES FINANCIAL RECORDS ARE NOT UNDER ANY FORM OF REVIEW by any external body, only the church itself does, so a corrupt Nigerian politician would embezzle billions and donate a part of it to a church and no one bats an eye, no pastor would ask the politician where he got the money from

3. almost all (dare I say all) church buildings would have questionable sources of the monies used in building it if we are able to dig deep into it, churches don't care where the tithe, pledges, fruits and countless other donations their members are giving comes from

4. in a corrupt country like Nigeria where majority are financially corrupt or are enabling it one way or another, it makes no sense to think there's a church somewhere that's not utilising dirty money directly or indirectly

having said all these, I have some questions for you

The church you attend, do you know the source of their finances? if yes, are you 100% sure that their income is 100% clean and no corrupt individual or someone with questionable source of income contributed to it?

to be continued

2 Likes

Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 15, 2017
To die worshipping/serving someone/thing/being that swore to protect you is a terrible fate. I hope others will learn. I said 'hope', because it doesn't seem likely. The white man- the same one who enslaved our men and raped our women- somehow managed to convince a large number of people who these atrocities were committed against, that one of his own- who died in a far away land, died to 'save' them.
Re: Ozubulu Killings: The Controversial Bishop Visits Victims In The Hospital (PICS) by hopefulLandlord: 7:46am On Aug 15, 2017
AnonyNymous:
To die worshipping/serving someone/thing/being that swore to protect you is a terrible fate. I hope others will learn. I said 'hope', because it doesn't seem likely. The white man- the same one who enslaved our men and raped our women- somehow managed to convince a large number of people who these atrocities were committed against, that one of his own- who died in a far away land, died to 'save' them.

pastors are using bodyguards EVEN IN THE CHURCH but would stand on the pulpit and read verses on divine protection to its members, they would even sell expensive jackets, Car bumper stickers, stickers for their member's main entrance with words like "I'm protected by the blood of Jesus" "No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper" in order to raise money for more or better bodyguards

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1579625_bishop_oyedepo_armedguards_jpegb39e32a64f9312239aa1f76d9f0634e3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2041569_2015011816_13_05_jpegb950c1b3568027a549c6a77f660f24f5

who's deceiving who?

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man. / General Overseer Olukoya (MFM) Involved In Illegal Importation Of Goods In US / Can You Fall From Your Secure Position? ( 2 Peter 3:17 ) - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.