Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:18 PM

Abuja Land Questions From A Rookie - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja Land Questions From A Rookie (3789 Views)

Be A Landlord In Abuja: Land For Sale @ Ipent 5 Extension Estate,lokogoma,abuja: / Abuja Land Deals / Help! Abuja Land - How To Verify? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Land Questions From A Rookie by Sakosasako: 7:17am On Feb 16, 2010
I am very new to topics about Abuja. As a matter of fact, I have been there only once in my life. Recently, I started nursing the idea of buying a a piece of land for development to start off the process of relocation. I live outside the country so taking frequent trips to Abuja is not easy.

Two people are talking to me about two different plots in different locations:

1. 100 ft X 100 ft for N1.5m in Apo phase II. He says Apo phase 1 is where the Senators live. This is a residential area.

2. 120 ft X 150 ft for N6m in Kubwa Extension III Scheme of FCDA within Bwari area council of FCT. This plot is designated for multipurpose. It is certified and with C of O.

The first one sounds like it is within Abuja proper while the second sounds like it is outside Abuja and I was wondering why land could be more expensive outside Abuja than within Abuja core.

Do these statistics look right? Is Kubwa phase III more expensive than Apo? Is N6m not too much for a piece of land that is just a little more than standard size of 100 ft X 100 ft?

Any contribution will be appreciated.
Re: Abuja Land Questions From A Rookie by oranges(m): 10:41am On Feb 16, 2010
it is possible, maybe the Apo plot is in a bush, and the Kubwa is in a developed area. Eg there is a plot close to one of my property in Kubwa which is about 600sqm and the owner is not willing to take anything less than 10million Naira. and this said plot is for residential purpose. Pls recomfirm, the Kubwa Plot  can not ve a Cof O because all area council plots are not yet issued CofO in abuja, it may ve an AGIS acknoledgement. which is quite different from having a Cof O. Plots mostly in Abuja dont of equal sides so the measurement you are given of 100ft/100ft or 150/120ft may not be real, tell them to give you the exactt square metres of the plots.
Re: Abuja Land Questions From A Rookie by emadeppty: 1:57pm On Feb 16, 2010
orange has given a candid advise in order not to loose your money the AGIS (Abuja Geographical Information Service)check them out on the web and you will have the best result
Thanks
Re: Abuja Land Questions From A Rookie by Sakosasako: 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2010
Thanks to both of you.
I have checked the documentation and below are the comments found on it:

(a) The R of O (Right of Occupancy) already “Regularised” i.e. AGIS (Abuja Geographical Information Systems) recertification.

(b) C of O (Certificate of Occupancy) fees already paid, awaiting TDP (Title Deed Plan) and Collection.

PLOT SIZE: About 2000m2 (roughly 120ft by 150ft)

I am still confused about the size. 2000m2 is not the same as 120ft by 150ft (they are not even close). Is convertion wrong? I think 2000m2 should be 200 sq ft by 200 sq feet.
Re: Abuja Land Questions From A Rookie by kuramo: 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2010
Poster,

As stated in a previous post.  Land allocated by Bwari area council would not have a C of O yet as non have been issued by the Minister of the FCT.  If anyone is selling you such land purported to have a C of O then you need to be careful.

What the said land should have in terms of documentation are-  Customary and/or Statutory Right of Occupancy, AGIS re-certification certificate and if the seller is not the original allotee of the said land, then he should have a Deed of Assignment and/or Power of Attorney to effect such land transfer.

On the question of the area, the land in Kubwa is in cadastral zone F15 which has Dawaki to the east and Kasana East to the south, granted it is not within FCC but it is still part of the FCT.

The seller quoted the land dimension in Kubwa as 120ft X 150ft which is 36.5 Metres X 45.7 Metre respectively, that makes the total land size to be 1,672.25 Sq Metres. When negotiating to buy land , always ask for the land size in Square Metres and NOT in Feet.  Land in Nigeria especially Abuja should be measured in Metres.

Moreover, no matter what land size is quoted by the seller, the only way of confirming is by employing the service of a  SURCON registered Surveyor to draw up a Survey Plan.
Re: Abuja Land Questions From A Rookie by Sakosasako: 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2010
Thanks a lot for these eye-opening points. I appreciate all of your input. If I can not find something in Apo Phase II, I will consider this.
Re: Abuja Land Questions From A Rookie by FieldMarshall06(m): 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2022
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Land @ #500,000 #350,000 ,#250,000, #1m For Sale @ Ibadan / Completing Three Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats, Starting From Roofing Stage / Distress Sales With Instant Allocation On Dangote Refinery Road (buy And Build)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.