Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,668 members, 7,809,520 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Nicholas Winton The Man That Saved 669 Jewish Kids During The Holocaust(photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nicholas Winton The Man That Saved 669 Jewish Kids During The Holocaust(photos) (973 Views)

Should The Man Pay It? / 9-Year-Old Boy That Saved His 3-Year-Old Brother From Drowning In A Well (Video) / I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nicholas Winton The Man That Saved 669 Jewish Kids During The Holocaust(photos) by cristianisraeli: 8:50am On Aug 15, 2017
Sir Nicholas Winton who organised the rescue and passage to Britain of about 669 mostly Jewish Czechoslovakian children destined for the Nazi death camps before World War II in an operation known as the Czech Kindertransport

IN the video all the people in the audience with him are all the kids he saved..watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQzqfsgftBo

Sir Nicholas Winton organised eight evacuations of Jewish children from Prague in 1939. He died in 2015

Nicholas Winton with one of the children he rescued.

lalasticlala Mynd44 RoyalRoy

Re: Nicholas Winton The Man That Saved 669 Jewish Kids During The Holocaust(photos) by chris4gold(m): 8:54am On Aug 15, 2017
Nice 1
Re: Nicholas Winton The Man That Saved 669 Jewish Kids During The Holocaust(photos) by cristianisraeli: 8:55am On Aug 15, 2017
Zuzana Marešová , 85, who left Prague at seven with her two older sisters in July 1939, said the survivors of the child transports had conceived the memorial as a final act of gratitude to their parents[b], having already paid generous tribute to Winton – who died aged 106 in 2015, a year after receiving the Czech Republic’s highest honour for his rescue missions[/b].

“Can you imagine putting your children on a train, saying goodbye to them, knowing you might never see them again? We had the opportunity to thank Nicky [Winton] personally, but never to thank our parents,” she said.

“One of my most vivid memories of the parting was standing inside the train and looking out of window at the parents on the platform,” recalled Marešová , 85, now living in Prague and one of the few evacuees to later be reunited with her parents.

“All of the parents were crying and waving. I can still see them today. I can remember the parents’ hands up and our noses pressed to the glas[/b]s and that gave me the idea of the parting. The most frequently uttered sentence along the platform was, ‘See you soon’.”

[b]Most of the parents died in the Holocaust, without seeing their children again.

2 Likes

Re: Nicholas Winton The Man That Saved 669 Jewish Kids During The Holocaust(photos) by decatalyst(m): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2017
While we remember Hitler as one of the most disciplined and cruel leaders, we remember this man for his humanity.

What do you want to be remembered for?

1 Like

Re: Nicholas Winton The Man That Saved 669 Jewish Kids During The Holocaust(photos) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lalasticlala wee not c dis 1
Re: Nicholas Winton The Man That Saved 669 Jewish Kids During The Holocaust(photos) by Dexema(m): 6:54am On Aug 16, 2017
659? Impressive, I guess he was rewarded with long life enough to see them grow old.

1 Like

Re: Nicholas Winton The Man That Saved 669 Jewish Kids During The Holocaust(photos) by Coolgent(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2017
RIP Hitler

(1) (Reply)

Who Will You Save First / Davido, Hushpuppi And Rmd Reveals Perfect Sandals Gift For Ur Spouse / Help! My Girlfriend PTSD Might Ruin Our Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.