Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Is A Chromebook Good For Programming In Nigeria - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is A Chromebook Good For Programming In Nigeria (1200 Views)

Who Wants To Learn Programming In Python Easily Without Stress? READ THIS / Recommend A Laptop For Programming / I Want To Learn Programming In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is A Chromebook Good For Programming In Nigeria by Kod3007(m): 2:33am On Aug 16, 2017
grin I'm about buying a new laptop as I sold my old one after issues with running php

My budget is extremely lean (less than 30k) and I've been seeing chrome books with 7hrs battery time amongst other things for like 20k
so I Google searched and found there is a way to install windows or Linux on the laptop
seeing that the windows process is long and complex I chose to use Linux using Crouton (no experience with Linux before) tutorial shows Linux works seamlessly but I'm sceptical about buying a chrome book
though

please who has experience with it and can advice me on how to go about it

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343
Re: Is A Chromebook Good For Programming In Nigeria by segbolon: 3:47am On Aug 17, 2017
I'm in US but I use chromebook. I like the battery life and like that it's cheap. I installed Linux via crouton and use it for programming. I fortunately bought the older acer model so I was able to upgrade the measly 2gb of ram to 16gb at one point. Downgraded it to 8gb. If you are on a tight budget, then it's not bad.
Re: Is A Chromebook Good For Programming In Nigeria by Kod3007(m): 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Thank you I appreciate coolThank you I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Long Distance Communication Between Two Or More Arduino With RS-485 / A Good App Developer Wanted Urgently / Get U.S Number For Whatsapp, Facebook, Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.