Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Jürgen Klopp Hails Alexander-arnold’s Freekick In Liverpool's Win - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jürgen Klopp Hails Alexander-arnold’s Freekick In Liverpool's Win (408 Views)

Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi / Atletico Madrid Arrives In Liverpool For The Crucial 2nd Leg Match. / WATCH VIDEO: Neymar And Cavani Fight Over Penalty, Freekick In PSG Win Over Lyon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jürgen Klopp Hails Alexander-arnold’s Freekick In Liverpool's Win by eseflive234: 6:39am On Aug 16, 2017
Jürgen Klopp hails Alexander-Arnold’s freekick in Liverpool's win

Jürgen Klopp hailed Trent Alexander-Arnold's boldness and uncovered he advised the young teenager to take the free-kick that sent Liverpool on their way to a profitable Champions League play-off win away at Hoffenheim.

The 18-year-old defender denoted his Champions League make a big appearance with a first senior goal for his childhood club as Liverpool recorded a 2-1 win in the main leg in Germany. A redirected James Milner cross multiplied the guests' lead before the Hoffenheim substitute Mark Uth set up a strained finale and carefully balanced second leg at Anfield next Wednesday, with a 87th-minute goal for Julian Nagelsmann's side.

Alexander-Arnold appealed in vain for offside for Uth's strike however it was his staggering free-kick that had the more noteworthy effect for Liverpool, who survived an early punishment when Simon Mignolet spared a good effort from Andrej Kramaric.

"I need to state for a 18-year-old to have the balls to kick a free-kick like that is more intriguing and energizing for me than a little mix-up he made," said Klopp. "It was a serious amusement for him. He has still a few things to learn. He thought it was offside yet it was clearly not offside, sadly. Trent is an extraordinary player and I need to state I would preferably have 2-1 than 1-0."

http://pos.li/25z27s

(1) (Reply)

Tottenham Value Dele Alli As Highly As PSG Superstar Neymar / Conor Mcgregor Hails Floyd Mayweather Following Defeat, Says “I Don’t Know If I / Manchester United Trio Nominate For Premier League Player Of The Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.