Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me (1378 Views)

What I Was Told About School That Is Still Shocking Me Till Now. / List Of School That Have Released Post UTME Forms / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by Beosten(m): 8:18am On Aug 16, 2017
Teachers are born, not made - Anonymous

I will tell you a story of mine to explain this. If there is anything I know how to do well, it is teaching. The joy I derive from doing this is unrivaled.

In the first and last secondary school where I worked, I was teaching all senior students Physics and Agricultural Science. My style is that I show students how all formulae used in Physics are derived before using same to solve problems. I would ask you to bring WAEC past questions for us to solve in the class. I would ask you to copy out questions from different Physics textbooks, solve them, and ask you to check out the anwers in the textbooks. And I never failed. If you don't understand a concept, I would know even before you tell me you don't get it, and I ensure you get it. I know how to beat students very well, and anytime I beat students, they wouldn't portray me in bad light. If I beat a student and the cane falls on wrong body parts, I would apologize to such a student. This earned me cult-like followership in the school.

I'm an authority in agricultural science. I would write lesson notes, get them marked by the principal, but I would write the notes offhand while teaching, no matter what the number of pages is. The news of my style diffused across the whole school. So the principal, on many occasions, took students' notes, my marked notes, and compared them. He couldn't find any discrepancy. The respect he had for me soared. Note that I don't have B.Ed or NCE.

Students gave me many names ranging from 'wizard' to 'computer' and the likes. So they started mocking other teachers for their inability to use my style, and their morale became dampened beyond measure. A teacher would say, "Uncle J, you are the only teacher respected by these students these days. Make you dash us the soap you dey use". Gossips flew around in the small town that all other teachers were dunderheads, and some parents asked the proprietor to get good teachers that have my qualities for other subjects.

This made the proprietor's wife draw a battle line with me until I willingly resigned from the job.

The passion to teach is still raging in me, but anytime I tender my certificate for a teaching job, school owners would say I'm not a qualified teacher - that's laughable.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by Bester44(m): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2017
Get a degree in education if you have the means.
Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by Aminu212: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
Goto udemy.com and teach.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by lastmessenger: 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2017
My man get a certificate in education and the sky will become your limit.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by Dboy46006(m): 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2017
Bro get a degree in education it could even be a part time programme else only schools that will pay you a token per month will employ you. I appreciate your talent and passion and I've learnt from your writeup, but the fact remains that for the sake of professionalism there is always the need to be trained..Your training coupled with the passion will definitely take you to places... I also have passion for teaching and I'm currently running a degree in Education and Mathematics at Obafemi Awolowo University(200L) and I'm only 20years,I've been ridiculed so many times because of my choice of course but I know what I want and God has always been my help.
Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by Beosten(m): 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2017
Dboy46006:
Bro get a degree in education it could even be a part time programme else only schools that will pay you a token per month will employ you. I appreciate your talent and passion and I've learnt from your writeup, but the fact remains that for the sake of professionalism there is always the need to be trained..Your training coupled with the passion will definitely take you to places... I also have passion for teaching and I'm currently running a degree in Education and Mathematics at Obafemi Awolowo University(200L) and I'm only 20years,I've been ridiculed so many times because of my choice of course but I know what I want and God has always been my help.

Thanks, bro. You are young, ehn. I like that.
Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by ETLtd: 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
Beosten:

I will tell you a story of mine to explain this. If there is anything I know how to do well, it is teaching. The joy I derive from doing this is unrivaled.

In the first and last secondary school where I worked, I was teaching all senior students Physics and Agricultural Science. My style is that I show students how all formulae used in Physics are derived before using same to solve problems. I would ask you to bring WAEC past questions for us to solve in the class. I would ask you to copy out questions from different Physics textbooks, solve them, and ask you to check out the anwers in the textbooks. And I never failed. If you don't understand a concept, I would know even before you tell me you don't get it, and I ensure you get it. I know how to beat students very well, and anytime I beat students, they wouldn't portray me in bad light. If I beat a student and the cane fall on wrong body part, I would apologize to such a student. This earned me cult-like followership in the school.

I'm an authority in agricultural science. I would write lesson notes, get them marked by the principal, but I would write the notes offhand while teaching, no matter what the number of pages is. The news of my style diffused across the whole school. So the principal, on many occasions, took students' notes, my marked notes, and compared them. He couldn't find any discrepancy. The respect he had for me soared. Note that I don't have B.Ed or NCE.

Students gave me many names ranging from 'wizard' to 'computer' and the likes. So they started mocking other teachers for their inability to use my style, and their morale became dampened beyond measure. A teacher would say, "Uncle J, you are the only teacher respected by these students these days. Make you dash us the soap you dey use". Gossips flew around in the small town that all other teachers were dunderheads, and some parents asked the proprietor to get good teachers that have my qualities for other subjects.

This made the proprietor's wife draw a battle line with me until I willingly resigned from the job.

The passion to teach is still raging in me, but anytime I tender my certificate for a teaching job, school owners would say I'm not a qualified teacher - that's laughable.

where do you stay send me your cv
Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by bolaji3071(m): 6:38am On Aug 21, 2017
Beosten:

In the first and last secondary school where I worked, I was teaching all senior students Physics and Agricultural Science. My style is that I show students how all formulae used in Physics are derived before using same to solve problems. I would ask you to bring WAEC past questions for us to solve in the class. I would ask you to copy out questions from different Physics textbooks, solve them, and ask you to check out the anwers in the textbooks. And I never failed. If you don't understand a concept, I would know even before you tell me you don't get it, and I ensure you get it. I know how to beat students very well, and anytime I beat students, they wouldn't portray me in bad light. If I beat a student and the cane fall on wrong body part, I would apologize to such a student. This earned me cult-like followership in the school.

Sir can you please help me with this physics question..

1) half a wave occupies 0.5cm and twice the wave is exactly 4s. What is the equation of the wave?
Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by Beosten(m): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
ETLtd:

where do you stay send me your cv

I live in Oyo town. Provide email address to send the cv to.
Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by SAMBARRY: 5:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
You too dey boast.superiority complex dey worry you with big ego cheesy
Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by oldfoolnigger(m): 11:21pm On Nov 18, 2017
I fear You.cheesy cheesy
Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by Beosten(m): 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
I fear You.cheesy cheesy

Fear North, bro!
Re: I'm A Born Teacher, But I May Ruin Any School That Employs Me by potentpraise: 4:10am On Nov 20, 2017
How are you, please let's talk. Send me your information to ponabajo@dyvinson.com

Thanks

Beosten:

(1) (Reply)

Study On Low Tuition In Israel: Application Process. Cost Of Living, Visa Requir / Picture Of Female Unimaid Student Holding Python For Her CA Test Emerged / Termly Report Format For Head Of Schools Or Principals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.