Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups (6767 Views)

SEO 101: Keyword Research For Beginners / An SEO Guide On How To Rank For A Keyword / SEO Guide 2019 For Wordpress And (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by alaricsaltzman: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
Chapter One 

When you go online, you get to see a lot of people search for SEO guide. This is because Search Engine Optimization (SEO) could be a daunting task most especially for start-ups. Nevertheless, the giants and champions in SEO today all started from somewhere. SEO is not mission impossible as a lot of folks out there tend to see it. It's all about continuous learning coupled with implementation as it is one of the most dynamic areas in digital marketing. The techniques and tactics keep changing on a daily basis as search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo just to mention a few keep working and improving their algorithm.

A lot of start-ups are fully aware of the impact SEO has on their products and services. But they have no knowledge of how to go about it. Some companies even go as far as promising tons of followers to firms most especially start- ups, but on the long run, most of them do always fail to deliver on promises made. In this article, I'm going to show you how to do SEO for your startup without spending a dime. Below is an SEO guide how to go about doing that.

Research your keywords
Write and leverage on your content
Leverage on optimization

Research your keywords

One of the major pitfalls in SEO is keyword research. You do not just write blindly. Writing without prioritizing keywords to use will get you lost in the crowd. This happens irrespective of the number of contents you are able to come up with. The first thing you need to understand about keyword research is the ‘user intent’. Put yourself in the position of a person looking to query an information. How is he/she going to phrase his/her sentence on google? Writing from the perfective of a user looking to query an information from the internet will help increase your chances of getting indexed by search engines.

Also, you need to focus on keywords having hits on search engines, tools such google keyword planner can really be of help when it comes to keyword research, as it gives you insights on what people as really searching for on the internet relating to your keyword, knowing this will help you focus on keywords that will generate traffic your website.

Having known the keyword to use, the next thing you do is to research the keyword for SEO competitiveness. It might take any start up years or even a decade to out-rank websites like Moz, Neil Patel and entrepreneur.com when it comes to ranking on search engines with the keywords such as ‘digital marketing'. These guys will always rank high on every keyword relating to digital marketing. Competing with them is just like chasing the moon, but then, you could leverage on long tail keywords. Long tail keywords pick you out of the crowd. It also gives a competitive edge of ranking high on searches related to your keyword.

Leverage on relevant content

Relevant contents are also very vital. In fact, it’s one of the most effective strategies which you can use to organically drive traffic to your website. Relevant contents keep your visitors coming back because they’ll always long for more. Take for instance lindaikeji and Nairaland, the two most popular blog and forum in Nigeria if not Africa.

These websites keep getting huge traffic on daily basis owing to the relevance of their contents. This is not totally dependent on that though. When you write relevant contents that synchronize with your target audience, they’ll be willing to sign up to your email list without having to persuade them to do so with annoying pop ups.

Optimize your website

I often recommend WordPress for beginners and start-ups, why?

1. WordPress comes with a lot of free plugins you can install yourself without any prior knowledge of web development.
2. You can also easily incorporate any WordPress website with a custom domain.
3. With just a click, you can easily install WordPress from the control panel of any web host out there. I recommend Whogohost (Nigerian host), HostGator, Inmotion.
4. You do not have to spend much on development because you can as easily get it setup yourself. In cases where you need help, I recommend you watch YouTube videos relating to the problems encountered.

Now back to the business of optimization. Optimizing your website is really what you must do to have any chance of ranking high and pulling traffic to your website. If your website takes a longer time to load pages, it will definitely increase your bounce rate to more 50%. One of the most important and distinguishing features about Nairaland is it’s the load time. Nairaland takes split seconds to load even on the weakest of internet network. That’s how highly optimized the website is.

You also need to optimize your website for mobile responsiveness as a lot of people visit the internet with their mobile devices. Imagine if this website has not been optimized for mobile responsiveness, you are definitely not going to love what you are seeing as the whole interface will look so disorganized. Now that’s said, how can I optimize my website for mobile responsiveness? There are a lot of free plugins out there.

Plugins such as Jetpack, if installed on your WordPress powered website can easily help you optimize your website for mobile responsiveness. You could also leverage on SEO plugins such WPTouch, Yoast SEO, and Squirrly. These 3 plugins will guide you on how to write highly optimized contents. Yoast SEO alerts you if you’re over/under using your keywords or perhaps if you are stuffing your keywords in the wrong places.

By now, you must be full of ideas on how to do SEO for your website. I must tell you that, it takes time, patience, hard-work and continuous commitment towards learning to survive in SEO. The tactics and techniques keep changing by the day. You just cannot afford not to update yourself on regulars basis, and that’s what Big Field Digital, one of the leading digital marketing agencies in Nigeria can help you with. We make sure that you are updated all the times with the latest digital marketing strategies and trends in the industry. For more marketing tips, you can do well to subscribe to our email list.

Source: http://bigfielddigital.com/seo-guide-startups/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by SirLakes: 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
Thumbs up cool

1 Like

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by alaricsaltzman: 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
SirLakes:
Thumbs up cool
Thanks
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
alaricsaltzman:

Thanks
please can you help with WordPress plugins, that can help me to optimize my website,am not getting ranked
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by alaricsaltzman: 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
lanwo:

please can you help with WordPress plugins, that can help me to optimize my website, I'm not getting ranked
Yoast SEO
Squirrly

There are a lot actually...
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Caustics: 7:03am On Aug 17, 2017
angry
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by takenadoh: 7:04am On Aug 17, 2017
Myd:44 is bored, Lala still sleeping the devil Okrika story has been on FP before SMH
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by adezjamz(m): 7:05am On Aug 17, 2017
sad
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by AnkaraStyles(f): 7:05am On Aug 17, 2017
I've been in this for long.
the honest truth is that, there's no guarantee that what ever you do about your site's SEO would yield any positive result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Dopeyomi(m): 7:06am On Aug 17, 2017
Plagiarism!

Is this transcript not generated from Google Digital Marketing Skills certification page?

1 Like

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by telim: 7:06am On Aug 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by wolesmile(m): 7:09am On Aug 17, 2017
Information is knowledge. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by TheLogicalMind(m): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2017
Thanks. This is just what I need.
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by kam1992: 7:23am On Aug 17, 2017
Get Free 100,000 USA Email List. A very big opportunity i am giving you 100,000 valid USA emails and you’ll be very excited about it. Promote your product to USA to 1 lac peoples. This Usa Email list help you to get usa leads. You also sale this list to fiverr and others site this is 100% free. Unlock the content click on download button and download. Email marketing is one of the best way to maketize your product.

Get it from here: www.naijaadvance.com.ng

1 Like

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by pauljumbo: 7:33am On Aug 17, 2017
Nice post

1 Like

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by BiafranBushBoy: 7:49am On Aug 17, 2017
Celebslifestyle:

Lol, I own a health blog wt just 30 post , with the help of SEO I'm able to receive 2k visitors a day from US , Philippine etc. Its been like months since I updated but I still receive tons , what u just read from d OP is just tips , more to it

it is called Spam views!!

install analytics and know the real deal.

1 Like

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by bnanzip(m): 7:51am On Aug 17, 2017
Celebslifestyle:

Lol, I own a health blog wt just 30 post , with the help of SEO I'm able to receive 2k visitors a day from US , Philippine etc. Its been like months since I updated but I still receive tons , what u just read from d OP is just tips , more to it
Lies upon lies
Your traffic shows 8 to 15 august and you are here lying that it is daily.
Insincere and dishonest!

1 Like

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by BiafranBushBoy: 7:52am On Aug 17, 2017
kam1992:
Get Free 100,000 USA Email List. A very big opportunity i am giving you 100,000 valid USA emails and you’ll be very excited about it. Promote your product to USA to 1 lac peoples. This Usa Email list help you to get usa leads. You also sale this list to fiverr and others site this is 100% free. Unlock the content click on download button and download. Email marketing is one of the best way to maketize your product.

Get it from here: www.naijaadvance.com.ng

where is the email? just visited you site and saw nothing.

1 Like

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by legalweb(m): 8:06am On Aug 17, 2017
Thanks OP
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by CelestineC(m): 8:09am On Aug 17, 2017
SEO requires patient, consistency and hard work just as pointed out by the OP.

Any business/blog that is not optimizing their page for organic traffic is losing out on perhaps the best form of traffic

Regardless of the fact that google(most especially) keep changing their algorithms, there are a couple of things one can do to still rank for certain keywords...

So in addition to what the OP said

1. Share your contents on social medias

2. Build back links by submitting your blog to directories, writing guest posts, commenting on other blogs, asking influencers to link to your posts etc

3. Submit your contents to search engines... Sometimes it may take a while before google crawlers gets to craw your new post (depending on your domain authority). However you can speed up this process by submitting your newly posted content's. You can use pingomaticDOTcom to submit your URL to multiple search engines

Regards

I cover topics related to blogging and seo on my blog

[url=blogginglodge.com]click here to visit blogginglodge [/url]

1 Like

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2017
Celebslifestyle:

be sure you are using Google analytics
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Naijabams(m): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2017
alaricsaltzman:

Yoast SEO
Squirrly

There are a lot actually...

Can you help on how 2 setup the Squirrly
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Webman007: 8:46am On Aug 17, 2017
Good Points....Need a Search Engine Optimized Website for your business, projects or ideas?

Website you can afford?

Builder you can always reach and will always be there to grow your website and business with you?

Then Contact us +234 8095966698...Lets Build that website for you today....

Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Celebslifestyle: 9:11am On Aug 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

it is called Spam views!!

install analytics and know the real deal.
Lol , those r real views and not spam views , wt Google analytics
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by checkolatunji: 9:13am On Aug 17, 2017
CelestineC:
SEO requires patient, consistency and hard work just as pointed out by the OP.

Any business/blog that is not optimizing their page for organic traffic is losing out on perhaps the best form of traffic

Regardless of the fact that google(most especially) keep changing their algorithms, there are a couple of things one can do to still rank for certain keywords...

So in addition to what the OP said

1. Share your contents on social medias

2. Build back links by submitting your blog to directories, writing guest posts, commenting on other blogs, asking influencers to link to your posts etc

3. Submit your contents to search engines... Sometimes it may take a while before google crawlers gets to craw your new post (depending on your domain authority). However you can speed up this process by submitting your newly posted content's. You can use pingomaticDOTcom to submit your URL to multiple search engines

Regards

I cover topics related to blogging and seo on my blog

[url=blogginglodge.com]click here to visit blogginglodge [/url]

Pls how does back link works?

I am trying to get some write up from a foreign site and they are asking me to make use of back links

Pls what implication will this have on my blog?

Thanks
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Celebslifestyle: 9:14am On Aug 17, 2017
bnanzip:
Lies upon lies
Your traffic shows 8 to 15 august and you are here lying that it is daily.
Insincere and dishonest!
Do u know wats audience and traffic stat?
Re: SEO 101: Definitive SEO Guide For Start-ups by Ugoeze2016: 9:18am On Aug 17, 2017
Great tips

I have more goodies in my signature

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Comedy Blog; Will It Get Traffic? / . / How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.