Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Obama's Anti-racism Tweet Breaks Twitter Record - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Obama's Anti-racism Tweet Breaks Twitter Record (596 Views)

Anti-racism Protesters Again Clashed With Police At Trafalgar In London / Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism / Australian Police Python Photo Breaks The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama's Anti-racism Tweet Breaks Twitter Record by ferdison(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
A tweet by Barack Obama condemning racism in the aftermath of a far-right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, has become the most liked tweet ever, with more than 3 million social media users so far endorsing the sentiment.

The tweet, quoting the late South African president Nelson Mandela, read: “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion.”

The former US president followed the tweet with more from Mandela’s autobiographical Long Walk to Freedom: “People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love.

“For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

Each has had more than a million likes, and hundreds of thousands of retweets.

Re: Obama's Anti-racism Tweet Breaks Twitter Record by Josephjnr(m): 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
Good one from one of the greatest presidents in history.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Anti-racism Tweet Breaks Twitter Record by bamdly(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2017
I think am related to Obama
cos we both get sense

1 Like

Re: Obama's Anti-racism Tweet Breaks Twitter Record by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
Obama is a gifted speaker, I always love the way he pauses during speeches and controls his voice to match his hand gestures.

It gives the citizens some kind of confidence in their leader.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Experience Today With A Police Officer / Fire Guts Through Buildings In Bayelsa - Government Mute / I Can’t Date A Guy That Earns N100,000 Monthly – Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.