Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,916 members, 7,824,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Tricks That Drastically Reduce Data Usage On Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tricks That Drastically Reduce Data Usage On Your Phone (1604 Views)

Just In, FG Orders NCC To Reduce Data Cost: See Why / 6 Tips To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage / How To Reduce Data Usage While Using Social Media On Your Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tricks That Drastically Reduce Data Usage On Your Phone by ezums1(m): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2017
Before now cellular data was not regarded as a precious jewel until the providers switched to tired plans making it more expensive than it use to be. This has prompted users to ask questions like "how can i reduce my phone's data usage" and so on.
The rate of data usage varies according to phone, browser, network etc. Though some phones uses more data than others, like wise some browsers , but we can drastically reduce the rate of data usage in our phone using few tricks that are tested and trusted.

In this post we are going to teach you the simple tricks to reduce your data consumption as you read on.

RESTRICT APP BACKGROUND DATA
Some apps run in the background and unknown to many users, this consumes conspicuous data. If you check your smart phone's setting, there is a feature that allows you to see which apps are running on background and the data usage of each.

Kindly go to your smartphone >setting>data usage> restrict app background data. Though this can cause some apps to stop and also reduce the efficiency of some apps, but you can always lunch them back

USE WIFI HOTSPOT TO UPDATE APPS

As we all know and must have observed, it is always better to update apps via wifi than using cellular data. Some times apps tend to auto-update without our knowledge making use of our precious data. If you experience such situation go to google play store and tap on the left navigation drawer, you will see three parallel lines, select setting and set auto-update apps over wifi only.

ALWAYS SET A DATA ALERT
With this smart phone feature click the link for more http://www.blazinginfos.com/2017/08/tricks-that-drastically-reduce-data.html?m=1
Re: Tricks That Drastically Reduce Data Usage On Your Phone by mikeycharles(m): 5:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
v
Re: Tricks That Drastically Reduce Data Usage On Your Phone by Segadem(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
hmmm,
...so, which WI-FI hotspot will I use ro update my apps?
Re: Tricks That Drastically Reduce Data Usage On Your Phone by dominique(f): 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2017
Not helpful one bit
Re: Tricks That Drastically Reduce Data Usage On Your Phone by directonpc(m): 2:25am On Aug 17, 2017
Maybe for folks in the US.
Re: Tricks That Drastically Reduce Data Usage On Your Phone by slayking(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2017
dominique:
Not helpful one bit

Yes it is .

I just applied the restrict background data option and I hope it reduces the data I consume when I'm not using some App..

I also apply some of his suggestions already and works for me.

For example , I don't update my apps with mobile data. Updates have to wait till I connect to Wifi.

I also used the data compression option on opera mini so it reduces the amount of data I use when surfing the net.
Re: Tricks That Drastically Reduce Data Usage On Your Phone by bravesoul247(m): 1:48am On Aug 18, 2017
My data is always finishing before it expires upon my 5gb subscription! Not nice at all.
Re: Tricks That Drastically Reduce Data Usage On Your Phone by ryfoz(m): 4:56am On Aug 18, 2017
dominique:
Not helpful one bit
seconded. the post is old school, when wikihow dey dere.

(1) (Reply)

Unlock Your AT&T Network Carrier For Free. / Life Hacks You Must Know / What's Your Best 9mobile Tariff Plan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.