Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind (1520 Views)

Ct Brain Scan And Nct / Test Positive For Pregnant But Ultra Scan Says No Sac Found / Ariel Sharon Brain Scan Shows Signs Of Consciousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by kdships(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2007
What is this world turning into? angry Imagine reading ones mind with some gadget. Even if this is possible, is it safe to our health? According to a BBC report, Brain scans have been developed which it is claimed can predict what a person is about to do. German, British and Japanese scientists were able to "read minds" using sophisticated functional magnetic imaging and computer programs.

Follow this link to read more:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6346069.stm
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by akara(m): 11:08am On Feb 11, 2007
But they would have to catch Bin Laden first to read his mind, grin
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by kdships(m): 11:19am On Feb 11, 2007
If they do catch Bin Laden you can imagine what they'll find shocked. maybe helpful in that aspect but the world will soon abuse it. Don't you think so?
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by akara(m): 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2007
of course, no matter how good intentioned the orignators of the technology are, it is always subject to abuse by others, Apart from Bin Laden, lets start by subjecting our Nigerian leaders in government to the test, We might get to know where they have hidden all the loot,
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by Loyalty(m): 4:22pm On Feb 11, 2007
I think them scientist should leave somethings the way they are, if god had wanted us to read each others minds he would have made thinking loud, so brain scan, mind reading, not a good inovation, atleast we all need some "PRIVACY" most especially when it comes to how we think, well it all depends on why they created it,
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by kenshin(m): 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2007
Loyalty:

if god had wanted us to read each others minds he would have made thinking loud,

following your line of thinking, so if God wanted us to fly he would have given us wings.

every good thing has a potential to be abused,it won't stop mankind however from developing technology that enhances quality of life.
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by kdships(m): 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2007
I think we're going beyond are boundaries. This is beginning to sound like the human cloning issue. That too, I completely condemn.
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by texazzpete(m): 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2007
@Kenshin
You took the words right outta my mouth. or should i say my mind? u sure u aint got one of them brain reading gadgets with u? grin

@Loyalty
I'm sorry, but i'm a bit of a traditionalist. would you please write 'God' with a capital 'G'? and when you're using 'He' to refer to God, capitalize the 'H'!

except, of course, if you're a pagan
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by Deleted: 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2007
BRAiN SCANNiNG? HAV3 P3OPL3 LOST TH3Y MiNDZ, LOL, W3LL U KNO WAT iF U ACTUALLY THiNK ABOUT iT, iT COULD B3 GOOD THAT W3 HAV3 BRAiN SCANN3RZ, i M3AN FOR iNSTANC3Z: WAT ABOUT W3N PO3P3 AR3 iN COURT AND TH3 JUDG3 N33DZ TO KNO iF SOM3 ON3 iS LYiNG? iT COULD COM3 iN HANDY TH3N RiT3, S33 YOU N3VA KNO MY FRi3NDZ!
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by bluenubian(f): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2007
Brain scanning, damn! undecided that sound like some tom cruise minority report ish, where they prosecuted people for a crime they were gonna commit but hadnt.
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by Azanor(m): 9:14pm On Feb 12, 2007
1up for technology and the future. if they continue with this very soon we will have cars that can be controlled with the mind and such.
Loyalty:

I think them scientist should leave somethings the way they are, if god had wanted us to read each others minds he would have made thinking loud, so brain scan, mind reading, not a good inovation, atleast we all need some "PRIVACY" most especially when it comes to how we think, well it all depends on why they created it,
if someone was thinking about killing you and they scanned the persons brain and found out, will you be happy that they caught him before commiting the crime or be angry at the scientists or authorities or whoever for invading the culprits privacy. the technology has its advantages and disadvantages, thats why we have people in high places who will put in the necessary laws to protect privacy when such a technology becomes mainstream
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by k9(m): 11:12pm On Feb 12, 2007
HA. you people don't know half of half of what is going on out there in the world beyond our shores. Brain scan to read mind? Ha. That sounds small compared to other stuff I have read. Believe me people, we in this part of the world are soo far behind and ignorant about what the rest of the world is doing and capable of doing.

In the years that I have been online, I have read stuff that has bugled my mind, and I haven't even read half of half of it either. Sadly, we'll only keep on marveling, instead of doing our own bit, or even actively taping into their efforts, R&d, and all else, and using same to move us forward.

Too bad.
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by bluenubian(f): 12:42am On Feb 13, 2007
k9:

HA. you people [/b]don't know half of half of what is going on out there in the world beyond our shores. Brain scan to read mind? Ha. That sounds small compared to other stuff I have read. Believe me people, [b]we in this part of the world are soo far behind and ignorant about what the rest of the world is doing and capable of doing.

In the years that I have been online, I have read stuff that has bugled my mind, and I haven't even read half of half of it either. Sadly, we'll only keep on marveling, instead of doing our own bit, or even actively taping into their efforts, R&d, and all else, and using same to move us forward.

Too bad.

what are u yanning? what part of the world? and who are u people?

why don't u tell us the stuffs that have bugled your mind instead of telling us that we are far behind?, rubbish!
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by kdships(m): 10:53am On Feb 13, 2007
k9:

HA. you people don't know half of half of what is going on out there in the world beyond our shores. Brain scan to read mind? Ha. That sounds small compared to other stuff I have read.

I'd like to know what other stuff you've read that sounds more objectionable than this. Seems you're truly in "your world".
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by Loyalty(m): 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2007
Hmmm kenshin i hope you not mocking God by saying if He'd wanted us to fly he wud have given us wings, all i said was if He wanted us to know what each one of us was thinking He wud have made it loud.in the sense there wouldn't be that faculty for thinking in your brain, virtually the brain scanning thing is aiming at doing just that,atleast to what we think there are some we wouldn't want to share with anyone, in my own oppinion that was what i felt, you should tell us your oppinion on the brain scan thing thats all.and if you read my post through i mentioned if its creation is for the good of humanity well tough luck!i just dont want anyone knowing how i think thats my oppinion.!

and yeah texxaz pete thanx for the correction, i feel you shouldn't feel offended when i splet God with a small letter, since i am not a traditionalist well i wasn't refering to your but my God.so, no offence meant just expressing oppinions, God i love nairaland, so diversed,
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by nazzyon(m): 9:58pm On Feb 13, 2007
I didn't know that the same topic has been post just like I some days back.

Come to think of it reduction in crime. But as you can see Minority Report (the movie) has already explained its advantages and its disadvantages.

Lets hope it is approved because some stuffs are been discovered in the past but few people heard about it and few have access to it.
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by zoey: 11:44pm On Feb 14, 2007
Ok. Brain scans reading minds. What planet did that come from? This isn,t smallville where everyone is infected with kryptonite & wierd stuff keeps happening. grin
Maybe 10 years from now, who knows but 2007 don.t think so
Re: Brain Scan Can 'Read' Your Mind by Ivvie: 12:46am On Sep 29, 2007
What you are saying is that a machine can read one's soul. That is so untrue! The same applies to lie detector.

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anyway Someone Can Avoid Having Female Child In Future / Undergraduate, 15, Dies Of Ebola Virus From Neighbour’s Monkey ABUJA / Exercise For Sex (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.