Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy (9052 Views)

Lagos Poly Students Jump Through The Fence / Ezumah Chris Obi Sex Scandal At Akanu Ibiam Polytechnic / Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by SageTravels: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
The students of akanu ibiam federal polytechnic Unwana on 16th of August 2017, protested against the no school fees no exam policy of the school management which has led to most students not sitting for the 2nd semester examination.
The management of Polyunwana prior to the 2nd semester examination issued a memo on no school fees no examination stating that students who were yet to pay their 2016/2017 school will not be allowed to write the 2nd semester examination.
The school management implemented this policy, which has made even some final year students of the institution not to partake in the examination which started on the 14th of August 2017.
A final year students who identified himself as felix said that definitely in the course of their clearance they must pay their fees that the management should be considerate and understand their plight.
The SUG president, comrade Okoche Osim Lawrence while addressing the students told the students to be law abiding while on the peaceful protest.

They are pleading for management consideration to allow them write the 2nd semester examination.

The Rector, Dr Ogbonnaya ibe-enwo while also addressing the students appreciated their conduct while on the protest and also made it known to them that the examination slated for 16th oof August 2017 has been cancelled stressing that even those who were done with the paper for 16th August 2017 that it won't be reckoned with.

Still speaking, he stated that the students should be allowed to partake in the examinations.

Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by auntysimbiat(f): 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2017
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by tokun451(m): 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
sad
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
ibkayee this is my village

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by surestsam(m): 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2017
All this Lazy people... Unserious people...
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by GreatEvilBeast(m): 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
Education is Overrated.

quote me and die screaming. angry
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by WhereIsBuhari: 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
You see wetin Buhari dey cause?
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by SeunFirstSon: 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
They should be allowed to write exams even though they're yet to pay school fees na, What kinda nonsense is this, They results should just be held till they pay up

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by dukechilezie(m): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
Piiko:
Bro I sight you. check my signature
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
dukechilezie:
Bro I sight you. check my signature
Ahh my brother and friend good to catch you here, I will be around next month for some weeks
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by ochallo: 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
When I was in school, you only get the course forms for registration after you have paid, that was over ten years ago.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by paymentvoucher: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
Aluta should be invited.

I remember Baq then in UNAD....
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by dukechilezie(m): 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
Piiko:
Ahh my brother and friend good to catch you here, I will be around next month for some weeks
That will be nice. I am in Enugu, how Abuja na
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 16, 2017
dukechilezie:
That will be nice. I am in Enugu, how Abuja na
we doing good, very stressful as always

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by Klins2000(m): 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
Let us be sincere here. If you are a student, you ought to have paid your school fees before commencement of second semester examination. I believe those involved are not students, but miscreants.

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by omololu2020(m): 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
So this once wan dey do exam without paying school fees undecided
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by KeengTobbie(m): 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
Nawa o, I know its not easy to see money o, but students need to pay. If the fees weren't necessary they won't be required. cry
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2017
Jesus!!! is this how viral news goes? well, the Speaker of the SUG is a nairalander and he's there all through calming students down (that's him on carton coloured traditional attire) and........ he's the one commenting
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by nwaconnect: 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
SeunFirstSon:
They should be allowed to write exams even though they're yet to pay school fees na, What kinda nonsense is this, They results should just be held till they pay up

simple ideology.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by Hoodfriend(m): 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
Them need strike abi?
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2017
SeunFirstSon:
Initially, how they do it is, you pay during clearance, thank God the students fought, and management listened to us
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by awa(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
Polyunwana should allow my Nephew to finish his exams and graduate for good.

@Charlie,
Hope you are cool?
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by popej5(m): 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
let ALUTA arise
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
Nonsense.

I might sound insensitive but, it is completely idiotic of them to protest to write exams without payment. Left to me, they should not even be allowed to resume without paying their school fees. People complain about our university system and then go around and do nonsense like this. University education is not for everyone. According to US Senator Ricky Santorum, 65% of adults in the United States do not have university degrees. Yet they are putting their brains to good use and developing their country. Where do you expect the university to get funds to run its operations? Pay salaries? A junior lecturer in the typical government university in the US earns about $35,000 per annum. Professors of law can earn up to $160,000 per annum. Thanks to my research for the Nairaland debate (that never held) a Professor 'conuass' 7 (which is is the highest ranked professor in Nigeria) earns about N8 million naira per annum. Its no wonder that we have lecturers who aren't interested in their jobs, and we continue producing half-baked graduates. Universities NEED FUNDING. If you cannot get in by a scholarship, then you need to provide your own payment. I wonder if any of these people would even try this abroad. Just look at their faces. Feeling 'entitled' to tertiary education, only to graduate and run around looking for office jobs without adding value to the society. I want to believe that the actual students who KNOW what they are doing would have sorted out their school fees payment before now and would be using their time to prepare for their exams, leaving these nonsense protests to the miscreants.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by Dereformer(m): 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
I graduated from this school in 2001. I was in Accounting department then.
How time flies.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by FrankFrenzy(m): 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
Alumnus
2012 Class of Electrical Electronic Engineering.

#MyAlmaMater[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
AnonyNymous:
Nonsense.

I might sound insensitive but, it is completely idiotic of them to protest to write exams without payment. Left to me, they should not even be allowed to resume without paying their school fees. People complain about our university system and then go around and do nonsense like this. University education is not for everyone. According to US Senator Ricky Santorum, 65% of adults in the United States do not have university degrees. Yet they are putting their brains to good use and developing their country. Where do you expect the university to get funds to run its operations? Pay salaries? A junior lecturer in the typical government university in the US earns about $35,000 per annum. Professors of law can earn up to $160,000 per annum. Thanks to my research for the Nairaland debate (that never held) a Professor 'conuass' 7 (which is is the highest ranked professor in Nigeria) earns about N8 million naira per annum. Its no wonder that we have lecturers who aren't interested in their jobs, and we continue producing half-baked graduates. Universities NEED FUNDING. If you cannot get in by a scholarship, then you need to provide your own payment. I wonder if any of these people would even try this abroad. Just look at their faces. Feeling 'entitled' to tertiary education, only to graduate and run around looking for office jobs without adding value to the society. I want to believe that the actual students who KNOW what they are doing would have sorted out their school fees payment before now and would be using their time to prepare for their exams, leaving these nonsense protests to the miscreants.
tell me why you decided to judge yourself
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by nwakibe: 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2017
Students wey don use their school fees play bet9ja. The Rector should not listen to them. #No fees,no exam.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by valemtech(m): 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
Piiko:

Me too ..bro are u from unwana.pm me
Or chat me 08037607036
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by Cmanforall: 1:08am On Aug 17, 2017
There are many ways to go about this.
Re: Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy by 4ward(m): 3:43am On Aug 17, 2017
is okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘FG, States Can No Longer Provide Quality Education’ / My Lecturer Is A Gay And He Is Desperately In Love With Me / At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.