Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off (27009 Views)

'ASUU Strike Will Be Called Off From Today Or Tomorrow' - Adamu Adamu / Universities That Pull Out Of Strike Will Regret Their Actions – ASUU / ASUU Says The Strike Will Be Called Off Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Sike(m): 8:32am On Aug 18, 2017
All na Wash
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by dogankurye(m): 8:34am On Aug 18, 2017
is this for real ? Lets hope n see
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Meritocracy: 8:35am On Aug 18, 2017
Not by mouth, pay them and order them to resume. Action speaks louder.
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Fabulouski(m): 8:36am On Aug 18, 2017
ASU FINALLY CALL OFF STRIKE. Congratulations!!! UNIVERSITY Students..it's on Page 18 (Vanguard Newspapers of August, 17 2005). I just love reading OLD NEWSPAPER

I'm in my house come and beat me ���
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 18, 2017
Tuoyofelix:
please ASSU dont call it off yet.I am not ready to resume yet.
Amadioha fall on you.

I need to start writing my project and you are here talking about prolonging the strike, if you don't want to go to school anymore, how about you drop out.

Its a free world.
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Nackzy: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2017
Is it federal government that will decide or is ASUU
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by emmeyjay500: 8:53am On Aug 18, 2017
So many people want to go into farming but like every other business it requires skill and expertise

That is why I have put together over 250 practical ebooks from top training institutes and research centres
From this ebooks you will learn about
Plantain and banana farming
Rice planting and processing
Pineapple,
vegetables
tomatoes
cucumber
pepper
maize
soyabeans and other legumes
mushroom production and sales
Moringa farming
Fruth farming
Setting up and running a green house farm
and other lucrative crops
You will also get materials on organic farming like;
Production of compost
Vermiculture(earthworm farming)

You will also get materials on
Bee and honey production
Beef and dairy cattle production
Goat rearing
Poultry production (quill, chicken,turkey,duck etc,)
Pig
Snail farming
Rabbit production and processing
Fish farming and aquaculture
Grass cutter farming and many more

Including Materials on food processing
How to make cassava chips and flour
How to make potatoes chips and flour
Honey processing
How to parkage agricultural​ products

You will also get materials on
Using ICT agricultural for marketing
Creating and Running a farmers cooperative
Sourcing for funds
Writing well detailed agricultural business plan
And also learn new ways of agricultural production

You will get all this materials and more for just a stipend of #2000
To get this offer
Call or send a message (WhatsApp and telegram) to me on 08162903890

*This is the season to go into agriculture and adequate knowledge is the key*
*Don't just rush into agricultural Get Knowledge about it first*
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by omotayo51: 8:59am On Aug 18, 2017
i just saw this now

Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Jadoskii(m): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2017
Within one week ,make I sharply go finish my project...
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by RobinHez(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2017
9jakohai:

Good...

Infact, this is the only good news.

Now for the bad news.....

Fees are going to go up in the next five years.

You see, the N800bn ASUU is fighting for was originally N3trillion. And even that N3trillion is not enough to adequately fund the fifty odd federal universities, and the 44 state universities we have in this country.

So, no one should be surprised if fees go up.

Because let's be frank when our parents and grandparents went to school....there were less than 10 universities in this country. And there were less than 90000 students studying in those universities.

That number has grown, and the money available for funding them adequately has fallen because Nigeria's economic model....dependence on exporting raw materials...is no longer sustainable.

So, the only sensible thing for govt to do to see an end to strikes is to

1. Increase fees to N300000 and above.

2. Privatise universities.

3.Borrow more money from IMF to fund infrastructure and facilities in universities.

4.Money in the budget for educaiton should be used to fund primary and secondary schools only as well as technical colleges.

5.Taxes have to be raised...

Sorry Nigeria...but university financing no be beans.
.... Or they do what they've always done over the years.... "Neglect the sector" undecided
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Dollabiz: 9:14am On Aug 18, 2017
Ok
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by kratosonofzeus: 9:23am On Aug 18, 2017
what about this

Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by akhinz(m): 9:27am On Aug 18, 2017
Buhari government and fake promises.. within a week, he said that before he will be back within a week before he left for London.
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Laveda(f): 9:29am On Aug 18, 2017
Smh
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by kounadejo(m): 9:41am On Aug 18, 2017
Thank God, ASUU call off strike. I'm going back to campus
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Uzorp: 9:47am On Aug 18, 2017
So ASUU goes on strike against the Government and Federal Government tells us when they will call off the strike.

Interesting.
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Postboiswag(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2017
This strike na @least 3months
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Bababo(m): 10:02am On Aug 18, 2017
Ikuemonisan Bababo I have predicted that this ASUU Strike will last awhile, whether because I perceive the Nigerian rotten political system, or felt pity for our darling Lecturers who go to classes on empty stomach, who works, gets half or no payment for so long awhile yet have their own children to cater for or maybe, because I sense our theory-ridden education system, with courses absolutely distance from your course of study yet you must take them and apparently makes no contributions to the society. Whatever, my supposition was, I have been justified and crystal clear the announcement of the Hon. Minister of Education; Adamu Adamu that Universities can now conduct Post-UTME if they like give credence to the fact that The Minister of Education and the Entire Federal Cabinet is clueless and lack clear headed plans for the development of the country and especially the education system that will inculcate values in you to enhance Nation building. Imagine the Minister lifting ban on post Utme after a supposed FEC meeting! That is the best they can offer. Yes! They ve apparently shown that the federal government can not solve the impasse between them and ASUU. Therefore, Universities have been giving the mandate to conduct Post- UTME, exploit innocent Universities candidates whose parents are finding it difficult to cope with this depressed economy, which was a clear evident of their mindless looting. Worse still, many of the Post-UTME candidates' parents are victims of the half or no salary of some states governments. I hope you can see that Our elected and appointed leaders are not interested in the plights of the people, thus, have decided to solve such serious menace like ASUU Strike by inflicting more pains on the people yet The No 1 Citizen is wasting tax payers money on medicare on himself abroad, contributing to the economy of another man's country while his is dying on daily bases. If every politician, Presidents,Governors, senators etc have contributed to each sector of the country you will agree with me that we will not only ve a great economy but also a well developed health system where Buhari will be receiving treatment and obviously there will not be need to waste our resource abroad, to develop foreign economy at the expense of the local one. You see, as much as I do not trust ASUU, so also I do not trust FG, neither will I trust their negotiation. Honestly, I do not have hope in this mallam Adamu especially because him and the Nigerian government have decided to inflict more pains on Candidates and their parents through "Universities can now organise Post-UTME news" making wave.Hence, the strike might take awhile. FG and ASUU should prove me wrong by doing the needful! Anyways, whether you take the Education system or the entire system serious or not, since we don't need any special education to know our enemies as a Nation soon you will have to pay with your heads.....as lucidly said in the quote:" .The rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer, one day, the poor will have nothing to eat but the rich". Then, there shall be no sympathy for any ailing one, Abroad or within
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Bababo(m): 10:03am On Aug 18, 2017
Ikuemonisan Bababo I have predicted that this ASUU Strike will last awhile, whether because I perceive the Nigerian rotten political system, or felt pity for our darling Lecturers who go to classes on empty stomach, who works, gets half or no payment for so long awhile yet have their own children to cater for or maybe, because I sense our theory-ridden education system, with courses absolutely distance from your course of study yet you must take them and apparently makes no contributions to the society. Whatever, my supposition was, I have been justified and crystal clear the announcement of the Hon. Minister of Education; Adamu Adamu that Universities can now conduct Post-UTME if they like give credence to the fact that The Minister of Education and the Entire Federal Cabinet is clueless and lack clear headed plans for the development of the country and especially the education system that will inculcate values in you to enhance Nation building. Imagine the Minister lifting ban on post Utme after a supposed FEC meeting! That is the best they can offer. Yes! They ve apparently shown that the federal government can not solve the impasse between them and ASUU. Therefore, Universities have been giving the mandate to conduct Post- UTME, exploit innocent Universities candidates whose parents are finding it difficult to cope with this depressed economy, which was a clear evident of their mindless looting. Worse still, many of the Post-UTME candidates' parents are victims of the half or no salary of some states governments. I hope you can see that Our elected and appointed leaders are not interested in the plights of the people, thus, have decided to solve such serious menace like ASUU Strike by inflicting more pains on the people yet The No 1 Citizen is wasting tax payers money on medicare on himself abroad, contributing to the economy of another man's country while his is dying on daily bases. If every politician, Presidents,Governors, senators etc have contributed to each sector of the country you will agree with me that we will not only ve a great economy but also a well developed health system where Buhari will be receiving treatment and obviously there will not be need to waste our resource abroad, to develop foreign economy at the expense of the local one. You see, as much as I do not trust ASUU, so also I do not trust FG, neither will I trust their negotiation. Honestly, I do not have hope in this mallam Adamu especially because him and the Nigerian government have decided to inflict more pains on Candidates and their parents through "Universities can now organise Post-UTME news" making wave.Hence, the strike might take awhile. FG and ASUU should prove me wrong by doing the needful! Anyways, whether you take the Education system or the entire system serious or not, since we don't need any special education to know our enemies as a Nation soon you will have to pay with your heads.....as lucidly said in the quote:" .The rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer, one day, the poor will have nothing to eat but the rich". Then, there shall be no sympathy for any ailing one, Abroad or within
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Bababo(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2017
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by delilwaxz(m): 10:09am On Aug 18, 2017
Atleast, we should apply beta opinion like those of the United kingdom
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by doublefreez(m): 10:38am On Aug 18, 2017
We pray it comes to an end at earliest
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by deebrain(m): 10:42am On Aug 18, 2017
This dictatorship does not have shame.

Is it the oppressor or the oppressed that announces when an agitation over oppression is called off?
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by staniyere(m): 11:06am On Aug 18, 2017
ADMISSION ! ADMISSION !! ADMISSION !!! SEPTEMBER ENTRY
Universities in Benin republic has opened Admission for fresh aspirants seeking undergraduate/direct entry admission in different career paths such as;
AVAILABLE COURSES OFFERED.

MANAGEMENT SCIENCE
1. Accounting and Finance
2. Economics
3. Banking, Finance and insurance
4. Business Administration
5. Human Resource Management
6. Marketing

SOCIAL SCIENCE
1. International Relations and Diplomacy
2. Political Science
3. Public administration

FACULTY OF ART
1. Law
2. Mass Communication

APPLIED SCIENCE/TECHNOLOGY
1. Computer Science
2. Computer Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering

Admission Requirements:
Undergraduate degree;
* 0'level (WAEC, NECO, GCE & NABTECH)
* Birth Certificate
* International passport or ECOWAS Passport
* Four (04) recent passports photograph
*Parents/guardian photograph

Duration:
Undergraduate: 3 years while LAW and Engineering 4 years

FOR INQUIRES
Contact us on :
Call/SMS- +22999647004/08035184417
Whatsapp: 08035184417
Email : staniyere4real@yahoo.com

TUITION FEE: N170,000 PER SEMESTER

Check our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Secure-Admission-into-Benin-republic-universities-Cotonou-without-JAMB-453121638216930/
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Greenthumb(m): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2017
Treyknowles:
At First They Said 2 Days Now Its Within A Week,abeg Make I Go Learn Tailoring.

With or without the ASUU strike, learn your tailoring.
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by ofuonyebi: 11:31am On Aug 18, 2017
Adamu! Adamu!! Please do something urgently...ooo

Don't allow our public education to scatter finish..ooo

Little wonder private institutions are gaining upper hand!
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by onyxo76(m): 11:35am On Aug 18, 2017
Which within one week? The meeting was deadlocked yesterday and yet they promise in one week, do they have the 800bn ASUU is requesting or you think those profs will fall for that payment in tranches move again.
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by bankolefun(m): 11:44am On Aug 18, 2017
ASUU strike is over... sango strikes on
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by nuelsam: 11:48am On Aug 18, 2017
ogtavia:
They should have told Bros Lai Mohammed to tell us...we will believe that easily..
what an irony
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by nuelsam: 11:52am On Aug 18, 2017
dammy13:
​The Federal Government, on Thursday said the ongoing industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, will be called off within a week.

The announcement was made by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, while meeting with Senate Committee on Tertiary Education at the National Assembly complex.

Recall that ASUU had few days ago commenced an indefinite strike across the nation.

http://fabinfos.com/ASUU-fg-reveals-strike-will-called-off/

take FG serious at your own peril.
Re: ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off by Gology(m): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
Abeg the strike shuld be calld off

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused / Top 5 UNIPORT Alumni Making Nigeria Proud / OAU Student Union Budgets N1.8m For Phone Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.