Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Steps To Accept Mohammed - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Steps To Accept Mohammed (686 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / Prophet Mohammed Was A Womaniser? / Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps To Accept Mohammed by aloyemeka2: 5:20am On Feb 17, 2010
What are the steps one should take to accept Mohammed as his prophet and spiritual leader?. What are the risks?
Re: Steps To Accept Mohammed by Jarus(m): 3:33pm On May 06, 2010
Let me start by saying that Muslims prefer to use 'believe' rather than 'accept'. Compare 'Accept Jesus' as Christians say. We prefer to use 'accept Islam'.

That noted, by accepting Muhammad(PBUH), I want to believe you mean, becoming a Muslim. You don't accept Mohamamed in isolation, you believe in Islam altogether.
This means you have to believe in Allah as your creator, believe in the messengership and prophetship of Prophet Mohammed and other prophets. You take guidance from the Qur'an.

Practically, after the mind work(belief), then you need to utter, with conviction the Kalimah i.e that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Prophet Mohammed is His messenger.

With these you are alreday a Muslim and have 'accepted Mohammed', to use your word. Then follows practical aspects, praying, keeping to Allah's Dos and refraining from His Don'ts.
Re: Steps To Accept Mohammed by chakula: 10:20pm On May 07, 2010
And at all no risk in believing in Him but benefit.
Re: Steps To Accept Mohammed by AloyEmeka8: 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2010
Benefit what?

(1) (Reply)

Punishment Of A Liar / Muslims In Nigeria And Diaspora / Domestic Violence - Imam Zia - Quran Weekly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.