Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock (10865 Views)

ASUU Meeting Ends In Chaos As Aggrieved Members Chase Zonal Officers / Crises Brews In University Of Calabar As Students' Union Government Ends In Chao / Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by dammy13(m): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2017
​The end to the ongoing strike embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) seems not to be in sight as the meeting between the Nigerian government and the union has hit the rocks.

During the meeting, which held on Thursday, the Federal Government promised to fulfill some of the conditions being demanded by the Academic Staff Union of Universities in an attempt to end the strike by the union.

Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige, who convened the meeting with the union leaders, said the government would meet certain conditions.

It was gathered that the ASUU leaders who attended the parley did not agree to call off the strike.

The ASUU President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi who led the executive members of the union to the meeting said he needed to brief other members of the union.

http://fabinfos.com/ASUU-strike-hope-dashed-union-fgs-meeting-ends-deadlock/

Lalasticlala Ishilove Mynd44 Seun Dominique

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by shamack: 6:36am On Aug 18, 2017
This lecturers eeehn,,,,,,,after extortn the students, they still want to destroy their life, thank God for UNILORIN

12 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by engrjosefz(m): 6:42am On Aug 18, 2017
It's well
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Saheed9: 6:47am On Aug 18, 2017
dialogue continues
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by RingimKabir(m): 7:18am On Aug 18, 2017
Buhari is cursed!
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Neduzze5(m): 7:18am On Aug 18, 2017
Where's that slow poke of a minister that said it would end in two days?

Can someone help me inform the mofo that its the seventh day already, if I'm not mistaken.

Jonathan was a lecturer and ASUU went on strike for 6 months in 2013.

Buhari failed WAEC and didn't go to the University.

This ASUU strike may last for a year plus.

Nigerian students, better go and learn skills ooo, like mechanic, painting, farming, etc.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by smogup: 7:18am On Aug 18, 2017
grin

Buhari the ghost President doing nothing yet you wan ASUU to call off the strike when they can also be taking pictures in there rooms and be collecting salaries like bihari while doing nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2017
Another 6 months to 8 months strike.

Students way just get belle go born before this strike go end.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Ebukax(f): 7:19am On Aug 18, 2017
I rep uniport
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Elijahrona(m): 7:19am On Aug 18, 2017
So should we start going back home or what? Gosh n exam was supposed to be next month

Well since school isn't opening anytime soon, let me go back blogging.
http://basicnaijaneeds.com

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by bnanzip(m): 7:19am On Aug 18, 2017
All the money the CBN has been injecting and pumping should be used to pay ASUU.

They should pay them because the money is what they have worked for. They have families the way house of representatives and senators have families too. The legislative uses billions to buy cars. ASUU need the money to feed their family.

Useless government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2017
The education system here in Nigeria have failed already. In fact, you're doing the youths good by embarking on this strike. This will give them the time to see the real world and acquire skills that will help them survive. Not cramming facts and figures that's entirely useless after graduation. Just saying!

Check my signature.
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by chrisbaby24(m): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2017
Ok
Yesterday a foreigner friend of mine asked me what ASUU means I tell him it's an annual festival in Nigeria when students stay away from school!!!

I no get am?

21 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by buskie13(m): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2017
ASSU please pity me,I'm an NDU student oooo
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2017
A country that toys with people's future, Is that one even a country?...

Nigeria isssa Joke.. I weep cry

Anyways sissie come back asap, lets expand the POOL! cool
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by NaijaMutant(f): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2017
ok
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by encryptjay(m): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Phi001(m): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2017
Lemme goan pack my clothes...
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Tobwins: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2017
On their own! How dose that affect the price of rice!
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by sotall(m): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2017
As usual! It has always happened like this.

You don't expect ASUU to declare an indefinite strike and call it off in one week.

During my undergraduate years, ASUU went on strike for a period of 11 months!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Zionj(m): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2017
Nawao for naija oo
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by RexEmmyGee: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2017
Let wait for the result after one week before we decide whether our hope is dashed or not.

ASUU vs University Students. Final year assasin$

1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Tobwins: 7:21am On Aug 18, 2017
On their own! How dose that affect the price of rice?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Zeze06(m): 7:21am On Aug 18, 2017
cry

I still wonder why simple issues like this can't be resolved, and everyday we keep hearing of recovered loot?

Can't we use the money recovered to solve ASUU problems?

Or is someone planning to loot or has already looted the recovered loots

In Nigeria, everything is possible....
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by danduj(m): 7:21am On Aug 18, 2017
These six things baffles me, the last one dey shock me.

1.NEPA using a generator.
2. The Chairman of Okada Union driving an SUV
3. The Chief Executive of Tecno using an Iphone.
4. The CEO of Innoson driving a Range Rover
5. The Nigeria Police using a chain on their generator to prevent theft
6. The President of Nigeria residing in London.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Quality20(m): 7:21am On Aug 18, 2017
don't worry it's gonna resolved sooner than later
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by toogbasky(m): 7:22am On Aug 18, 2017
I remember 2013,,, na so dem dey raise our hopes,,, and d strike lasted until 2014,,,,
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Elijahrona(m): 7:23am On Aug 18, 2017
Ebukax:
I rep uniport

I'd have rep uniport too supposing uniport imitated oau and the likes... Abeggi

How sure are you whether the students week would still hold sef?
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by EbiraBoi(m): 7:23am On Aug 18, 2017
Lemme come and be going o

Baba rasaki I wan learn foga work grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Integrityfarms(m): 7:23am On Aug 18, 2017
Since pmb is gone awol, then I don't expect any meaningful resolution to be taken
Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Integrityfarms(m): 7:25am On Aug 18, 2017
Neduzze5:
Where's that slow poke of a minister that said it would end in two days?

Can someone help me inform the mofo that its the seventh day already, if I'm not mistaken.

Jonathan was a lecturer and ASUU wen in strike for 6 months in 2013.

Buhari failed WAEC and didn't go to the University.

This ASUU strike may last for a year plus.

Nigerian students, better go and learn skills ooo, like mechanic, painting, farming, etc.

Adamu Adamu is just a typical apc breed. Talkativeness is their hallmark

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Hope Dashed As Union, Fg’s Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Meritocracy: 7:25am On Aug 18, 2017
They should be on strike until they receive alert from their bank for payments of their allowances. What the government spent on only one minister including there aide per month is more than lifetime salary and allowance of a Professor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Alternative To Those Limited By Jamb/post Jamb Exam (ijmb) / List Of Shortlisted Candidates For NNPPC/ ADDAX Petroleum Scholarship 2012/2013 / Pls What Does It Mean That Your Waec Result Is Outstanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.