Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

I’ll Sack Wenger Once I Buy Arsenal — Dangote - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I’ll Sack Wenger Once I Buy Arsenal — Dangote (444 Views)

I Said It Once, I Say It Twice, Football Is Unbelievable (photo) / I’ll Sack Wenger Once I Buy Arsenal — Dangote / Flashy!! Aliko Dangote To Buy Arsenal And Sack Arsene Wenger [ Read Full Gist ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Sack Wenger Once I Buy Arsenal — Dangote by sakabien: 6:45am On Aug 18, 2017
AFRICA’S richest man wants to buy Arsenal and sack Arsene Wenger.
Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote plans to make an offer to owner Stan Kroenke.
Dangote – who is worth £8.6billion – has supported the Gunners since the mid-Eighties.
He aims to submit his bid once the construction of a new oil refinery in Lagos, Nigeria, is completed.
Alhaji Aliko Dangote
Dangote told Bloomberg: “The first thing I would change is the coach. He has done a good job, but someone else should also try his luck.”
Wenger has been boss at Arsenal for 21 years and is the longest-serving manager of any side in Europe.
Fan protests against his rule rumbled on throughout last season but the Frenchman agreed a two-year contract extension in May.
Kroenke’s fellow Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov had a £1bn takeover offer for the club turned down earlier this year.
But Dangote, 60, believes his power of persuasion can work on the billionaire shareholders.
He said: “If they get the right offer, I’m sure they would walk away.
“Someone will give them an offer that will make them seriously consider walking away.
“And when we finish the refinery, I think we will be in a position to do that.
“It’s a great team, well-run. It could be run better, so I will be there.
“I will wait. Even if things change I will take it.”
Dangote, who counts former Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein as a good friend, has previously spoken of his desire to purchase the North London side.
He put a four-year time frame on his plan to complete the takeover when speaking last September.
Dangote said at the time: “Maybe three to four years. The issue is that we have more challenging headwinds.
“I need to get those out the way first and start having tailwinds. Then I’ll focus on this.”
The post I’ll sack Wenger once I buy Arsenal — Dangote appeared first on Vanguard News.
Re: I’ll Sack Wenger Once I Buy Arsenal — Dangote by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 18, 2017
Please do
Re: I’ll Sack Wenger Once I Buy Arsenal — Dangote by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 18, 2017
grin

Abeeeg, tell Dangote to mind his biznezz..

Arsenal is juz one of the decorations in EPL..they are juz there but not meant to win at all even if he will buy the football club still it wont make it to the champions..

#GGMU

(1) (Reply)

Nff’s Special Wine To Celebrate World Cup Qualification Revealed / Orelesi Requested For A Chance To Improve Super Eagles Defence / Ronaldinho's Success Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.