Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? (714 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / No Condition Is Permanent True Love Still Exist (read This And Comment) / What Can Love Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? by Amigee: 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2010
This is a question tha runs through my mind.
Re: Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? by chinedumo(m): 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2010
what better place than church
Re: Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? by benodic: 2:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
he who is looking for love outside of himself/herself is looking in vain. love lies within our hearts and not in a building. one you discover the spirit of love within your heart then it will be very easy for you to give out this love to everyone no matter where you find yourself, in the church, in the marketplace, at home or in your workplace. ask God to help you find the spirit of love within your heart and see what happens.
Re: Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? by KunleOshob(m): 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2010
Definitely not in most of the church institutions we have today cry however we still try have a few churches trying to show this examplary teaching of christ, TB Joshua's church synagogue lipsrsealed comes to mind despite there is so much controversy sorrounding the church. Also a lot of missionary churches [mostly orthodox] still display this exemplary christian quality undecided
Re: Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? by Graphical(f): 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2010
benodic:

he who is looking for love outside of himself/herself is looking in vain. love lies within our hearts and not in a building. one you discover the spirit of love within your heart then it will be very easy for you to give out this love to everyone no matter where you find yourself, in the church, in the marketplace, at home or in your workplace. ask God to help you find the spirit of love within your heart and see what happens.

Gbam! on point.

Give love first.  Christ first loves us and ask us to do same.  Start within you.
Re: Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? by SisiKill1: 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2010
What kind of love? You have to be specific.

Love for money and material things? Yes, absolutely.

Love of the "Love thy neighbor as yourself, be thy brother's keeper" nature. No. . . NO.
Re: Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? by Joagbaje(m): 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2010
Love never left the church, exept some infliterators that claim they are part of the church but are attacking it instead of building it on nairaland.

You dont attack a part of the church just because you dont believe what they believe except you are not part of the church.

John 15:12
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15:1[/b]7
These things I command you, that ye love one another.

[b]1 John 3:14

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
Re: Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? by chinedumo(m): 3:13pm On Feb 17, 2010
chinedumo:

what better place than church

benodic:

just like he said find love within ur self remember we ar the church the body of christ love in the church is love in the heart of men. Solomon said once "if one wants friend let him make him self friendly first"
Re: Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? by GODSON2009(m): 3:45pm On Feb 17, 2010
1 st corinthians 13

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

[b]13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Re: Can Love Still Be Found In The Church? by chinedumo(m): 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2010
GODSON2009:

1 st corinthians 13

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

[b]13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

answer the ? pls dont merely quote scriptures. Expound the scripture by the holy ghost "in the name of the LORD"

(1) (Reply)

Success In Marriage. / Who Can Tell Me Where God Is? / God’s Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.