Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,380 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. (2752 Views)

ASUU Strike - Just In | NANS Suspend Protest, Skilfully calls ASUU 'selfish' / JAMB 2017 Change Of Course/institution Has Just Began See Details /  FG Agrees To Pay 23billion Debt Owed To ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
Federal government to pay ASUU 23 billion naira next week out of 800 billion.. not even upto 20% of their demand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by PrinceJoeWan(m): 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2017
At least they released something!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
abi them provoke them with d change
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by EbukaHades10(m): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
ASUU be like "wehdone,u think we are joking abi?"

7 Likes

Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2017
EbukaHades10:
ASUU be like "wehdone,u think we are joking abi?"
i dey tell you....
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
They are open to negotiation.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by 0coded80: 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
Amossity:
Federal government to pay ASUU 23 billion naira
next week out of 800 billion.. not even upto 20% of their demand.
if only ASUU get 800billion, what of other unions? the 23billion is OK for now. after all they can't account for the 30billion already collected .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Alitair(m): 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
If ASUU should accept the offer, they should jejely forget the rest because it will be forgotten.
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by JohnieWalker(m): 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
ASUU requested for it mumu op

1 Like

Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Moblord(m): 11:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
based on the agreement, 1.5bn will be released to them monthly in addition to the 23bn
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Thermodynamics(m): 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
And what do ASUU want that kind of huge money for?
don't get me wrong, I know our educational system is fuckedup and needs serious rehabilitation but let's face it, this money is just going to be stolen at the end of the day. I mean, this is Nigeria, the lecturers in ASUU are Nigerians and are the same people who extort students by collecting bribe and also forcing some female students to their bed. Our lecturers are corrupt, thus ASUU is a corrupt body and is fighting for it's own selfish interest, don't make the mistake of thinking they are fighting for Nigerian students cus, truth is, they don't care. The way I see this, in fact, the way this is, THIEF ONE( ASUU ) IS JUST TRYING TO STEAL FROM THIEF TWO( FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ).

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THAT'S THE BITTER TRUTH.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by chloride6: 11:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
The strike be truly just started.

grin

Jonathan had to cough out 200 billion the last time to call off the strike and made an agreement to pay 200 billion annually, which he didn't. That yearly accumulation of 200 billion is what i think amounts to the 880 billion asked for.

ASUU Will not call off the strike for nothing less than 250 to 300 billion.
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 19, 2017
Thermodynamics:
don't get me wrong, I know our educational system is fuckedup and needs serious rehabilitation but let's face it, this money is just going to be stolen at the end of the day. I mean, this is Nigeria, the lecturers in ASUU are Nigerians and are the same people who extort students by collecting bribe and also forcing some female students to their bed. Our lecturers are corrupt, thus ASUU is a corrupt body and is fighting for it's own selfish interest, don't make the mistake of thinking they are fighting for Nigerian students cus, truth is, they don't care. The way I see this, in fact, the way this is, THIEF ONE( ASUU ) IS JUST TRYING TO STEAL FROM THIEF TWO( FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ).

Oga, everything you said now, nobody asked u. Nobody asked u if they sleep with girl or extort money, who is not corrupt in nigeria. You as a person is corrupt. Federal govt should give dem the money they request. No be same federal govt embezzle money, build things any how for their selfish interest. Mtcheeww thought u have better thing to say. U know Hw much Ur president dey burn for London.. Nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 19, 2017
Thermodynamics:

very correct
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 19, 2017
CHESTER48:
Oga, everything you said now, nobody asked u. Nobody asked u if they sleep with girl or extort money, who is not corrupt in nigeria. You as a person is corrupt. Federal govt should give dem the money they request. No be same federal govt embezzle money, build things any how for their selfish interest. Mtcheeww thought u have better thing to say. U know Hw much Ur president dey burn for London.. Nonsense

Exactly, we are all corrupt, one way or the other.
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by oceandive: 7:09am On Aug 19, 2017
Rorachy:
And the students should now stay at home because of ASUU's stupidity and greed
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by EmmySparky(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2017
oceandive:

And the students should now stay at home because of ASUU's stupidity and greed
u call it stupidity and greed....have u been to an average university in nigeria under ASUU....and check out the facilities there...u would then understand y they need to get this money they are requesting fo
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Thermodynamics(m): 9:22am On Aug 19, 2017
CHESTER48:

So Mr man, who asked you to reply me hm?
You know me when you de assume say I de corrupt?

As for me, I know of our government and lecturers say them de corrupt.

Thought you even have better things to say, ghererehere men.
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Thermodynamics(m): 9:26am On Aug 19, 2017
Rorachy:

Sister, speak for yourself, you and the monk you quoted may be corrupt but I am not.
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Smone(m): 9:36am On Aug 19, 2017
What the f**k are they gonna do with all that cash. They are all corrupted altogether. ASUU, FG and even we the citizens. The truth need to be told.
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 19, 2017
Thermodynamics:

Sister, speak for yourself, you and the monk you quoted may be corrupt but I am not.
Don't bring the holier than thou attitude cos I know na people like you do pass.
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by NeeKlaus: 10:46am On Aug 19, 2017
Thermodynamics:

"He who is without blame should cast the first stone".

CORRUPT:
[kuh-ruhpt]
adjective
1. guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery; lacking integrity; crooked:
a corrupt judge.
2. debased in character; depraved; perverted; wicked; evil:
a corrupt society.
3. made inferior by errors or alterations, as a text.
4. infected; tainted.
5. decayed; putrid.

So, you are none of these things, eh? Since you came to this Earth??
Re: ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. by Iamzik: 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
Government pays university staff salaries and maintain the schools. What does ASUU do with school fees collected from students yearly.

Perhaps they want to start by giving a statement of each university's income and expenditure

(1) (Reply)

See How This NYSC Corpers Are Transporting Themselves To Camp / Young Promising Graduate Dies Two Days After Graduation - Photos / University Of Ibadan 2013/14 DIPLOMA / DLC Online Registration Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.