Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat (7126 Views)

HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display / Tecno Spark K7 VS Oukitel U20 Plus / Oukitel (u20 & u16max), Leagoo m8 pro, and Doogee (Y6&max, x7pro, shoot1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 1:10am On Aug 19, 2017
So I've been looking to get an Oukitel product for a while now (I mean, they're cheap and have good specs and I'm a Nigerian). I settled on the U20 plus and decided to do a little spec search and by and large, the U20 plus looked really good. Alas, there was one downside - it came with android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now there isn't anything wrong with the Marshmallow but I've used it for a fair bit nad....let's just say I wanted something new. So I did a little further snooping around to see if there were plans for an eventual nougat update. Apparently, from a few blog posts I read, there were plans for an upgrade but they weren't sounding very optimistic.A further search for custom nougat roms turned up nothing. I was sorely disappointed to say the least but I accepted it in fate and ordered it the U20 plus anyway.

The phone arrived yesterday and, glory of glories, it came with nougat installed out of the box! You have no idea how overjoyed that made me. I felt like the Marshmallow was the only downer in a pretty good mid-range phone at a great price but instead I'm getting the nougat experience. I'll take a few screenshots in a bit (for the doubting thomases!) but so far, the U20 plus with Nougat has been amazing. So if you have been divided over getting one because it might be m=Marshmallow, you might get lucky, just like me! Screenshot in a bit!

4 Likes

Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by nerdfrost(m): 1:24am On Aug 19, 2017
angry angry do fast post am oo. I gat questions ooo. How much did the fone cost u
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by OVA200(m): 5:49am On Aug 19, 2017
That means they have eventually roll nougat update to the phone, after i tried for months trying everything possible to encourage oukitel to roll the update now i think my long trial have yield a positive result but my phone had been stolen three weeks ago. People using the phone should confirm it please.

2 Likes

Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 9:12am On Aug 19, 2017
Screenshots are here!

Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 9:12am On Aug 19, 2017
The third picture is in split screen mode
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 9:14am On Aug 19, 2017
I don't know if it would be possible to backup the OS for the benefit of those that also want to install the nougat
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by chuksp09(m): 9:15am On Aug 19, 2017
Pls give a general review of the battery and camera... Will appreciate it
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by Ifeanyi4491(m): 9:31am On Aug 19, 2017
boringnigerian:
So I've been looking to get an Oukitel product for a while now (I mean, they're cheap and have good specs and I'm a Nigerian). I settled on the U20 plus and decided to do a little spec search and by and large, the U20 plus looked really good. Alas, there was one downside - it came with android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now there isn't anything wrong with the Marshmallow but I've used it for a fair bit nad....let's just say I wanted something new. So I did a little further snooping around to see if there were plans for an eventual nougat update. Apparently, from a few blog posts I read, there were plans for an upgrade but they weren't sounding very optimistic.A further search for custom nougat roms turned up nothing. I was sorely disappointed to say the least but I accepted it in fate and ordered it the U20 plus anyway.

The phone arrived yesterday and, glory of glories, it came with nougat installed out of the box! You have no idea how overjoyed that made me. I felt like the Marshmallow was the only downer in a pretty good mid-range phone at a great price but instead I'm getting the nougat experience. I'll take a few screenshots in a bit (for the doubting thomases!) but so far, the U20 plus with Nougat has been amazing. So if you have been divided over getting one because it might be m=Marshmallow, you might get lucky, just like me! Screenshot in a bit!
where did you order it from and how many days did it take to reach you.
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 9:31am On Aug 19, 2017
chuksp09:
Pls give a general review of the battery and camera... Will appreciate it

Camera is pretty good, especially in natural light. In low light though, it doesn't do so well but the flash more than makes up for it.

Here's two shots I took yesterday.

Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 9:37am On Aug 19, 2017
The battery life is very solid, in my opinion. Unlike my other phone that required me to hold on to my (very heavy) power bank, this one lasts pretty much all day with consistent usage without requiring a recharge. Battery capacity is 3300 mAH by the way so make of that what you will but so far it's been good enough. Of course it might just be that new phone effect. After two weeks I should be a able to tell how well the battery really stands up to pressure.
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 9:41am On Aug 19, 2017
Ifeanyi4491:
where did you order it from and how many days did it take to reach you.

Well I ordered from Jumia and it arrived in just under three weeks.

I would have ordered from Aliexpress but I'm not so confident in ordering gadgets off Aliexpress because I feel the item may get damaged in transit and I won't get a refund for it. Ordering through Jumia was the safer option because if the item arrived damaged, I could return it and request a refund.
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 9:49am On Aug 19, 2017
More on the camera - I don't know if it's the Nougat update or if it's a default U20 feature but the autofocus is really great. I'm quite impressed with it. Also, the shot taking speed is great (unlike some phones that you click to take a shot, then go and raise a family before it actually takes the shot).
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by shedy03(m): 9:56am On Aug 19, 2017
boringnigerian:
The battery life is very solid, in my opinion. Unlike my other phone that required me to hold on to my (very heavy) power bank, this one lasts pretty much all day with consistent usage without requiring a recharge. Battery capacity is 3300 mAH by the way so make of that what you will but so far it's been good enough. Of course it might just be that new phone effect. After two weeks I should be a able to tell how well the battery really stands up to pressure.
convincing as you sound about the battery eh, I would be more at peace with 4000mah and above.
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by Ifeanyi4491(m): 10:19am On Aug 19, 2017
boringnigerian:

Well I ordered from Jumia and it arrived in just under three weeks.

I would have ordered from Aliexpress but I'm not so confident in ordering gadgets off Aliexpress because I feel the item may get damaged in transit and I won't get a refund for it. Ordering through Jumia was the safer option because if the item arrived damaged, I could return it and request a refund.
okay is it pay on delivery.
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ifeanyi4491:
okay is it pay on delivery.

you'd have to pay online while ordering if it's Jumia. I got mine last month but I'm not sure how much it is now sha.
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by paeffiong(m): 9:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
Is there any CDS INFORMATION under CONNECTIVITY in this phone
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by bravesoul247(m): 7:25am On Sep 29, 2017
How much is it?
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by elmangod: 12:59am On Dec 08, 2017
boringnigerian:

Are you still using the phone?
how's the performance?
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
elmangod:

Are you still using the phone?
how's the performance?

I am....and it's still very good

Though I rooted it and installed MIUI 9
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by Mustiboy(m): 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
boringnigerian:

bro can u pls give an elaborate review of the battery after using it for some months?
and how is the miui 9? any bug?
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by Achillesdam500(m): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
[quote author=boringnigerian post=59618930]The third picture is in split screen mode
How do I do split screen on my oukitel?
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 12:05am On Dec 09, 2017
Mustiboy:

bro can u pls give an elaborate review of the battery after using it for some months?
and how is the miui 9? any bug?

Well, it's stable so far. No detectable bugs.....if anything it seems to run better than the stock Android that comes with the phone. The only downside is that MIUI 9 runs on Android 6.0.1 so it's a bit of a downgrade but I don't mind, afterall I don't use most of Nougat's added features like the split screen and all.

As for the battery life, the battery, still great, thank goodness.
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 12:09am On Dec 09, 2017
[quote author=Achillesdam500 post=63105228][/quote]

When you open the running apps view, click and hold on the app you want to use in split screen then drag it upwards to enter split screen mode.
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by Mustiboy(m): 12:41am On Dec 09, 2017
boringnigerian:

Well, it's stable so far. No detectable bugs.....if anything it seems to run better than the stock Android that comes with the phone. The only downside is that MIUI 9 runs on Android 6.0.1 so it's a bit of a downgrade but I don't mind, afterall I don't use most of Nougat's added features like the split screen and all.

As for the battery life, the battery, still great, thank goodness.
glad to hear that about the battery
Thanks
And I wouldnt some screenshots of the miui
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 1:01am On Dec 09, 2017
Mustiboy:
glad to hear that about the battery
Thanks
And I wouldnt some screenshots of the miui

Sure!

Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by Achillesdam500(m): 1:09am On Dec 09, 2017
Who knows how to activate data speed meter on nougat?
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by elmangod: 4:41am On Dec 09, 2017
boringnigerian:

OK just ordered for it
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by Treyknowles(m): 7:31am On Dec 09, 2017
boringnigerian:

Sure!
Please can you post how you port the MIUI ROM and the MIUI 9 ROM link, thanks.
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 10:46am On Dec 09, 2017
Treyknowles:
Please can you post how you port the MIUI ROM and the MIUI 9 ROM link, thanks.

I didn't have to port it....someone already did that....lemme get a download link
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by Treyknowles(m): 10:54am On Dec 09, 2017
boringnigerian:

I didn't have to port it....someone already did that....lemme get a download link
Ok thanks.
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by boringnigerian: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2017
Re: Oukitel U20 Plus With Nougat by Donsammi(m): 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2017
boringnigerian:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7EHoVYqsz_yZEllRE5BNmlpYXM/view
is the miui 9 stable? wanna port it. what's your kernel version or rather screenshot the about phone tab!

I know it's same cpu MT6737.
split screen in it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My View On Tecno Camon C8 / Bryte One Octacore / Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.