Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

A Short Story: Why Is It Always Difficult To Be Born Again In Nigeria? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Short Story: Why Is It Always Difficult To Be Born Again In Nigeria? (609 Views)

What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? / Short Short Story: Why Can't I Go To Europe Like Other Men Of My Age? / Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Short Story: Why Is It Always Difficult To Be Born Again In Nigeria? by SugarndSpice(f): 9:56am On Aug 19, 2017
A very short story… Why is it always difficult to be born again in Nigeria? I have lost count the number of times I gave my life to Christ. The Devil keeps coming after me.

I went to Adoration Ministry on friday night and gave my life to Christ and surrendered all to him totally. I have been in that holy and righteous spirit until this morning.

On my way back from church, rushing to go to the market, the traffic light had just turned YELLOW as I crossed. This police car just pulled up in front of me as if I were a wanted drug lord. My heart skipped and shrieked a bit and sent my adrenaline pumping faster.

One of the officers said that I “beat traffic”. I told him the light was yellow when I crossed. He said that yellow means that I should wait, I should stop. Phew!

“Sir, yellow means get ready to stop”. Then argument started and it narrowed down to 1000 naira. I insisted I wasn’t going to pay a dime for committing no crime.

One of them joined me and told me to drive to their station. I did. When we got there, he got down and I made to go, he shouted, hitting his fist on my car. I got down and feigned ignorance, and asked what the problem was. “Go and write your statement and submit your keys”. I started screaming “God, oh my God! What has this country turned into? Will you say it’s Buhari again?” I was screaming at the top of my voice when a senior police officer asked me calmly what the problem was. “Sir, I was on my way from church and this officer asked me for a lift. On getting here, he asked me to write a statement and submit my key. Just like that.” I said, and clapped my hands in utter bewilderment. He turned to the officer that brought me and asked what happened. The officer, probably still in shock, couldn’t say a word. He was just staring at me. Maybe he was also in the bad books of his boss. The senior officer tapped me in the shoulder and asked me to go. I zoomed off.

Now, I have to give my life to Christ again. This country don tire me.

#Originally posted by @Okadabooks on Instagram.

2 Likes

Re: A Short Story: Why Is It Always Difficult To Be Born Again In Nigeria? by kingsley9505(m): 1:14am On Aug 20, 2017
So damn funny lol. Living a Christian life is a challenge globally especially in a sinful era.

(1) (Reply)

Dwarts Magazine Issue 4 / 2018 Edition Of Nigerian Christian Literature Award Opens For Christian Writers / -----

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.