Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Ntdetect Failure,pls Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ntdetect Failure,pls Help! (2929 Views)

24/7 HRS Power Bank For Laptop,Printer, iPAD, BB/PHONES Say No To Power Failure / Primary Master Hard Disk Failure Ide Hard Disk Error And Recovery / Windows XP Validation Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ntdetect Failure,pls Help! by jesuseun1(m): 8:11am On Feb 12, 2007
in the process of installing win xp on my dell system it display nt detect failure and reboots ,what can i do?pls help
Re: Ntdetect Failure,pls Help! by Cactus(m): 11:26pm On Feb 12, 2007
The solution below is copied from http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=56668. and was posted by David Ryan
--
NTDETECT.COM is used during the hardware recognition phase of boot up, it is no surprise that you are having problems without it.
I'd try the following to get your computer working again:

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

Most reasonable solution I could find good luck

(1) (Reply)

MTN Hynetflex Zte Mf286 Unlocker / How I Was Defraud By A Nairalander / Who Have Any Information About A Company Called New Horizons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.