Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

5 Silly Mistakes You Make When Writing A Resume - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Silly Mistakes You Make When Writing A Resume (370 Views)

How To Write A Resume? / Differences Between A CV And A Resume / What Is The Difference Between A Resume And A Cover Letter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Silly Mistakes You Make When Writing A Resume by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lying

Fresh Graduates can lie for Africa. The old proverb “what is yours won’t pass you by” is something every fresh graduate don't want to add to their diary. As long as there is a vacancy, Resume must be submitted. But do you really need to tell lies to make your Resume employable?. What does it mean to have an Employable Resume? Write your Resume in good faith, pray and hope for a good outcome. Exaggeration in a Resume is a cunning device closely monitored by employers. Be plain and avoid the use of jargon. You’re your Resume in written form. False information on a Resume is usually be found under Skills and Abilities. I have seen a graduate (in fact a family friend) who profess to have Computer Skills on his Resume but in reality, he knows nothing about the use of a computer. He lost a job during a computer test. Using the computer to browse the internet or play games is not a license that you a Computer Literate. If you don’t have the needed qualifications, then let it pass. And If you must submit, you don't need to tell a lie.

Copy and Paste Resume:

This mistake is common, copy and paste Resume from the internet or from a friend. I salute those who embrace this habit. I remember back then in NCCF when NYSC and Allowee (NYCS allowance) was coming to an end; everyone had to start preparing their Resume. 70% of the brothers copied the same Resume including me. Little did we know that some recruiters spend quality time to verify the authenticity of the content found on a Resume. They are fully aware of the readily available Resume samples on the Internet. Some lazy fresh graduate just scout for words that suit their kind of Resume from the internet and bang !!!..... They are done. Softwares have been developed to scan and match up words from the Resume. That is, there are some keywords that the software will search for on your Resume. Some of these keywords might come from basic knowledge about the organization, Skills, and Abilities or popular Resume phrase copied from the web.The software is a new development that saves recruiters the time of going through thousands of Resume. E.g When some organization receives a Resume in PDF format, the first thing they do is to use control F to search for specific skills or phrase. If what they need is present, your Resume may get a review, else they skip and move on to the next available Resume. I should also remind you that the Resume meant for a banking job is not the same as a Resume meant for a teaching job. If you’re the copying type and won’t repent after reading this post, your days are numbered.

to be continue.

Source: http://studentguide.com.ng/5-mistake/

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunity For Automobile Engineers / ICAP Nigeria Latest Job Opportunities (7 Vacant Jobs) / Teaching Vacancy In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.