Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Latest Update - Ex-minister Calls For Bargain Between ASUU, FG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Latest Update - Ex-minister Calls For Bargain Between ASUU, FG (373 Views)

Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt / Strike: N30bn To be Shared Between ASUU, Nasu, Ssanu, Others — Fg / ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Latest Update - Ex-minister Calls For Bargain Between ASUU, FG by Wizmike111(m): 3:23am On Aug 21, 2017
News From www.naijcrackgist.com.ng

Sen. Sam Egwu, previous Education Minister, has asked the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to make bargains, in order to determine the current across the nation strike by ASUU.
Latest update on ASUU strike
Latest Update On ASUU Strike

Egwu, who is representing Ebonyi North Senatorial District, made the call in an interview with newsmen at Umuebe, in Ezzamgbo, Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi on Friday.

He said incessant strikes by lecturers was undermining the credibility of graduates produced by universities in the country and called for immediate resolution of the current trade dispute.

Egwu, who was also the governor of Ebonyi between 1999 and 2003, decried the hardship the incessant strikes were causing both students and parents, saying government and ASUU should find permanent solution to the problems.

“The spate of strike actions in the nation’s institutions of higher learning is disturbing.
“A common ground should be explored by both FG and ASUU with a view to resolving all contending issues leading to strike.

Read Full News From This Source http://www.naijcrackgist.com.ng/2017/08/latest-update-ex-minister-calls-for.html?m=1

Re: Latest Update - Ex-minister Calls For Bargain Between ASUU, FG by yunglivochi(m): 3:54am On Aug 21, 2017
ASUU pls continue d strike oo. I rep Uniport mayb Lale fit frustrate open portal 4 us 2 pay fees

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Latest Update - Ex-minister Calls For Bargain Between ASUU, FG by golor(m): 6:16am On Aug 21, 2017
Rubbish news.....

ASUU has been given offer and I see the offer okay to the leaders, that is why they took it , as usual they can't call the strike off just like that, they have to communicate to their members.

If not, the ASUU that I know would have been ranting on media but guess what they are silence after the last meeting with the minister of education.

Even if I won't trust, the fg but I think the minister of education earns my little trust, he said " it pains me I am here and ASUU are going on strike " he they said, ASUU 23 billion request has been granted, I'd that was a lie ASIUU would have come out to say, 23 billions wasn't there request neither did they end the meeting in progress.

Again, the president will make sure he fight with his last power to make sure it call off, just to take the glory of coming back and strike been called off... So if you are a student get yourself prepared, you are going back to the drawing board latest this week.

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Registrar Reveals The Important Of Mathematics. / JAMB Defends Low Minimum Cut-off Marks. / Unilorin Pre-admission & Post Utme Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.