Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,478 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) (4455 Views)

Observing Salat In A Building That Was Built Over A Graveyard / 14 Must Do Things During Salat / He Said To Her “I Divorce You” With The Intention Of Threatening And Scaring Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by souljaboi007(m): 9:16am On Aug 21, 2017
asalam aleikum warahamutulilah wabarakatuhu.
please what are d niyyat before starting d following salat:
1. when praying alone
2. when praying behind imam
3. when u ar d imam
and
4. when praying a missed salaat e.g wen praying zuhr at d time of asr.
Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
souljaboi007:
asalam aleikum warahamutulilah wabarakatuhu.
please what are d niyyat before starting d following salat:
1. when praying alone
2. when praying behind imam
3. when u ar d imam
and
4. when praying a missed salaat e.g wen praying zuhr at d time of asr.

There's nothing like ''Saying Niyyah before prayer". It was not narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his Sahaabah did it or that he commanded anyone among his ummah to utter the intention. That is not known from any of the Muslims. If that had been prescribed then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions would not have neglected it, as it has to do with worship which the ummah does every day and night.
So when you step out from your house "intending" to go and pray, you have it in mind that you are going to pray, and that is the niyyah.

During Ramadan, we hear so many "Nowaitu..." before Taraweeh, this are unfounded in Islam.

In summary, it's of the heart not spoken and it has no words.
Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by souljaboi007(m): 7:07am On Aug 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

There's nothing like ''Saying Niyyah before prayer". It was not narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his Sahaabah did it or that he commanded anyone among his ummah to utter the intention. That is not known from any of the Muslims. If that had been prescribed then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions would not have neglected it, as it has to do with worship which the ummah does every day and night.
So when you step out from your house "intending" to go and pray, you have it in mind that you are going to pray, and that is the niyyah.

During Ramadan, we hear so many "Nowaitu..." before Taraweeh, this are unfounded in Islam.

In summary, it's of the heart not spoken and it has no words.

Thank u for d contribution bt i once heard an arabic intention which is Allahuma ini nawaitu....... salatul magrib.
what is between those dotted line is wat i can't remember.
Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2017
souljaboi007:

Thank u for d contribution bt i once heard an arabic intention which is Allahuma ini nawaitu....... salatul magrib.
what is between those dotted line is wat i can't remember.

Yeah! We met our "fathers in deen" doing that ...."Nowaitu thing" but there's no authentic evidence for it.
Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by Empiree: 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Yeah! We met our "fathers in deen" doing that ...."Nowaitu thing" but there's no authentic evidence for it.
it was not their fault. It used to be documented in sahih books but are now expunged. It was written by ulama of old due to their understanding of what they thought niya meant. But now, knowledge has moved up and we realized niyat is made in the heart not verbal.

You could confirm this if you can search those Tira written centuries back. This was also confirmed by imam offa who said that was the understanding they had. Verbally uttering neither invalidates salat nor blemishes them. The only consequence is "slip of tongue".

I used to read those niyat in my college days during Islamic courses under ghusl and lecture that time never faulted us. The references were in sahih buhari and Muslim but are now expunged.

Even at Makkah, if you pay close attention in ramadan, imam says it out loud sometimes "Qiyam layl" without saying "nawaitu...."
Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2017
Empiree:
it was not their fault. It used to be documented in sahih books but are now expunged. It was written by ulama of old due to their understanding of what they thought niya meant. But now, knowledge has moved up and we realized niyat is made in the heart not verbal.

You could confirm this if you can search those Tira written centuries back. This was also confirmed by imam offa who said that was the understanding they had. Verbally uttering neither invalidates salat nor blemishes them. The only consequence is "slip of tongue".

I used to read those niyat in my college days during Islamic courses under ghusl and lecture that time never faulted us. The references were in sahih buhari and Muslim but are now expunged.

Even at Makkah, if you pay close attention in ramadan, imam says it out loud sometimes "Qiyam layl" without saying "nawaitu...."

Expunged ke? Evidence for the Expunging o! Who expunged all the "Niyah" references from all Saheeh Bukhari and Muslim Worldwide? What does "Qiyam layl" mean?
Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by Empiree: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
[quote author=Rashduct4luv post=59721507][/quote]

You didn't quote me properly. I'm trying to find area in a thread where we briefly discussed this 3yrs ago. Removal of such referential pattern is term "genuine error" which i dont believe anyway. It was deliberate in my view

Brb if I can find it I will show you in sha Allah
Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by Empiree: 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
Okay, i found this rants we had yrs ago. Take a look yourself. You cant deny there are new editions of sahih books. I would be surprised if you dont know that undecided

Zoom if you cant see the text

Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
I see no evidence in this! The guy gv u the response to your claim. he brought the hadith you said was missing!
Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by Empiree: 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
I see no evidence in this! The guy gv u the response to your claim. he brought the hadith you said was missing!
First, i didnt provide evidence for nawaitu in question. Second, seems you missed it. He didnt give the missing hadith. Did you read what tbaba said?.

How cant you provide evidence for what was expunged when t is no longer there?. I only posted this as illustration to prove to you it was possible they expunged what op was asking about. If you grew up in the 80s and 90s and was conscious of religion, you should have no problem getting my point.
Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
oro empiree ti su mi.. wish i could see you one day. u for don become khalifah o.. wa ma se jalabi xef., always defending sufi baseless practices

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by souljaboi007(m): 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
Thanks everybody. i am grateful.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:25am On Aug 23, 2017
souljaboi007:
Thanks everybody.
i am grateful.

Alhamdulillah! Bro, may we be guided and may we die as Muslims.
Re: Help!!! Salat Niyat(intention) by souljaboi007(m): 10:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Alhamdulillah! Bro, may we be guided and may we die as Muslims.
Amin ya robbi

(1) (Reply)

Man-made Law, Man-made Problems / Beautiful Tips For Sadaqah / How To Prepare For An Amazing Ramadan Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.