Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Only One Company Is Authorized To Mine, In Zurak – Minister - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Only One Company Is Authorized To Mine, In Zurak – Minister (494 Views)

First 2pac NFT Collection Authorized By The Shakur Estate / List Of 33 Authorized Money Deposit Banks In Nigeria By CBN / NSE Inducts 46 Newly Authorized Dealing Clerks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Only One Company Is Authorized To Mine, In Zurak – Minister by sojiboy(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2017
The Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Dr Kayode Fayemi has said that only one company has mining lease to carry out mining activity in Zurak, Wase Local Government of Plateau State.
The Minister stated this during a meeting with leaders of the community shortly after 16 Chinese and 8 Nigerians were arrested for illegal mining in the area and the shutting down of two companies notorious for illegal mining.
The Minister who reiterated government’s commitment to discouraging the activities of illegal miners and its environmental degradation, urged the community and its leadership not to collaborate with unauthorised persons or groups carrying out illegal mining in their domain.
The Minister said; “The minority in your community are colluding with these criminal gangs that have taken over your land, enough is enough.
“In our record, and by the special grace of God and the authority of Mr. President, it is my duty to sign all mining licenses in Nigeria, no one else has that authority and I can tell you as I stand here that only one company has a mining lease in the whole of these area.
“That company is called Tongay, there is no other company, whether it is called solid unit, or it’s called geotess or it’s called anything”, the Minister added.
The Minister’s position was contrary to claims by one of the companies shut in the wake of the visit by the Minister and the National Security Adviser, Brig. Gen Babagana Munguno to Zurak that it had a valid license.
Dr Fayemi insisted that his office never authorised Dan China’s company to carry out mining activities in the area.

http://fleshitup..com.ng/2017/08/only-one-company-is-authorized-to-mine.html
lalasticlala

Re: Only One Company Is Authorized To Mine, In Zurak – Minister by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
But where is lalasticlala sef angry angry

Dr Fayemi insisted that his office never authorised Dan China’s company to carry out mining activities in the area.
- Maybe dem never settle grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Apply For Loan And Get Approved In Minutes / Make Real Income Without Investing Money / Forex And Binary Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.