Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (32793 Views)

Chelsea, Man City Face Relegation From EPL After Everton Point Deduction / Why Is There No Premier League Football This Weekend? / Meet English Premier League Nike Merlin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by bezimo(m): 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
bamisepeters:
moses nko?

I thought Moses played or he didn't.
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by bamisepeters(m): 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
bezimo:

I thought Moses played or he didn't.
grin i am only current relationship-wise not football. I know he didn't play first match.
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
CheedyJ:

Bad belle.. Even if he does gas out,will d oda players do same or av u 4gotten DAT oda players are also scoring too,martial,pogba case in point....stop d hate
Other players were there last season. Just shut up and come back when the season ends.
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by CheedyJ(m): 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
c733d:

Other players were there last season. Just shut up and come back when the season ends.
Oh! Why tell me to shut up....are DAT shallow minded
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by CheedyJ(m): 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
c733d:

Never u in ur miserable life tell me to shut up ok
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by lekanation(m): 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
QueenBeeHive:
Nice let's celebrate first three people to quote me gets 100k

just kidding grin

1 Like

Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by seunny4lif(m): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Man city vs Everton live
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by tuscani: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
MrHistorian:
6.) MANCHESTER UNITED IS A TITLE CONTENDER!
Manchester united are title contender
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by dfrost: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
CheedyJ:

I agree but its still early days yet, so ,let's not get overly carried away daz all am saying....

I'm not carried away by the victories but only analysing the current strength of the teams.
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by dfrost: 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
doctokwus:

I am quoting this for reference purposes because I am sure within a few matches,what would be coming out from your type is "Lukaku is only good when facing small teams.Mourinho should bring back Ibrahimovic,Herrera should be starting instead of Matic,Martial is not M Utd material.Pogba is a waste of money and Mikhratayan should not be starting,he is better as a substitute.Mourinho is a useless coach.This United team is just bunch of overpriced players"etc.I would remind you when the curses start pouring in.

doctokwus you should have noticed by now that I hardly engage in arguments on NL. When Mou chased Lukaku out of Chelsea I cautioned against it though not a supporter of Chelsea. He needed time to improve but uncle Mou in his usual arrogant self didn't allow him.

It's a win or lose game. I'm not a fanatic.
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by kecee99(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
RegalD:

Which type of force are you talking about? Is it columbic, gravitational or centripetal?
Tension force
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by Kronical(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2017
clemzo101:
U guys keep saying sure games, if u are so sure of dis games by now u shld have turned billionaires but u come here looking for who will pay u 5k to buy d games, isn't it funny?

I swear down.. If I have a sure game of 200 odds, why not stake 50k and be blessed all through my life..

These dudes just keep scamming people..

1 Like

Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by jayaim: 11:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
The premiere league is like an over spoilt brat always yelling 4 attention & is over hyped. Laliga is still the bozz!!!!
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by Leomidas46(m): 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2017
Lol
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by DrProf(m): 1:39am On Aug 22, 2017
Holuwahyomzzy:
[img]https://2.bp..com/-RjzeYq2W2o0/WZrISrUi1uI/AAAAAAAADEo/uX3W8zUCpGsoCH3WfieS3D8yHkps6NDEgCLcBGAs/s320/barclays-premier-league-logo-wallpaper.jpg[/img]

Five things we learnt from the English Premier League this weekend:

1] Spurs need a Wembley win

Tottenham’s impressive display in their 2-1 home defeat by Chelsea gave the lie to suggestions they are unable to perform at Wembley, their home for the season while White Hart Lane is rebuilt, but the sooner they get a win there, the better. Spurs have lost eight and won just one of the last 10 games they have played at the national stadium, a record that has created talk of a ‘Wembley curse’. Their loss to Chelsea, who prevailed through Marcos Alonso’s 88th-minute winner, brought an end to a run of 14 successive home league wins. They were unfortunate not to have claimed at least a point, having drawn level through Michy Batshuayi’s own goal in the 82nd minute.

2] Ibrahimovic loss a blessing in disguise for Man Utd

Zlatan Ibrahimovic could scarcely have enjoyed a better maiden season at Manchester United, scoring 28 goals in 46 games and inspiring his side to League Cup glory before injury curtailed his campaign. But while Ibrahimovic thrived, United's other forwards struggled, with nobody else in the squad mustering more than 11 goals. New striker Romelu Lukaku is a far more mobile player than Ibrahimovic and his movement has opened up space for United's other attacking players to exploit. Lukaku took his tally to four goals in three games in United's 4-0 win at Swansea City, while Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial have each scored two goals in two games and Henrikh Mkhitaryan has already supplied four assists.

3] Liverpool have options at full-back

Full-back was something of a problem area for Liverpool last season. Manager Jurgen Klopp was heavily dependent on Nathaniel Clyne at right-back and became so disillusioned with Alberto Moreno's performances on the other flank that midfielder James Milner ended up slotting in at left-back for the entire season. This season, things appear to be different. Eighteen-year-old Trent Alexander-Arnold has earned rave reviews in the absence of the injured Clyne and in the 1-0 win over Crystal Palace, enterprising left-back Andy Robertson was named man of the match in his first appearance since signing from Hull City. With 20-year-old Joe Gomez slotting in assuredly for Alexander-Arnold on the other flank, Liverpool kept only their fourth home clean sheet of 2017.

4] Wenger woes return

A new season has brought familiar problems for Arsene Wenger as Saturday's 1-0 defeat at Stoke highlighted his team's Achilles heel once again. Having battled back for a dramatic 4-3 win over Leicester in their season opener, Arsenal had shown a rare glimpse of the kind of fighting spirit often missing from their play. But just eight days later they reverted to type with a tame surrender at the hands of old nemesis Stoke. Most alarming for Wenger was the limp manner in which his back three allowed Jese Rodriguez to gallop through unchecked for the 47th minute winner. And for all Wenger's complaints about Alexandre Lacazette having an equaliser ruled out for offside, even the Frenchman had to admit Arsenal had been sluggish and unconvincing.

5] Brighton rocked

Back in the top flight for the first time in 34 years, Brighton are learning that fairytales can quickly turn sour. Chris Hughton's side captured the imagination with their long awaited return to the top flight, but so far the Seagulls have struggled to show they can make their stay last longer than a season. Beaten 2-0 by Manchester City in their season opener, Brighton fared no better at Leicester as goals from Shinjo Okazaki and Harry Maguire sealed the points for the hosts. Worringly for Hughton, who has broken Brighton's transfer record three times since last season in a bid to improve his squad, Albion managed just two shots on target.

Source: http://www.yomzzyblog.com/2017/08/epl-five-things-we-learnt-from-english.html

No. 4: Xhaka is unconvincing. Arsenal needs a steel-like defensive midfielder (Wanyama comes to mind)
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by clemzo101(m): 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2017
Exactly, I don't mind selling my car and other properties to stake, as long as it's sure......don't mind dem, scammers everywhere, and gullible Nigerians will still pay dem
Kronical:

I swear down.. If I have a sure game of 200 odds, why not stake 50k and be blessed all through my life..

These dudes just keep scamming people..
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 22, 2017
CheedyJ:

Never u in ur miserable life tell me to shut up ok
Shut the fucccck up you bloody negro
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by CheedyJ(m): 8:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
c733d:

Shut the fucccck up you bloody negro
U must be enjoying this,ain't u? Anyways, I got no tym 4u...just try update ur sense tho' cos it's really running low else u find ur pathetic self in a mental home..
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2017
CheedyJ:

U must be enjoying this,ain't u? Anyways, I got no tym 4u...just try update ur sense tho' cos it's really running low else u find ur pathetic self in a mental home..
With all the family problems you have,you should shut the hell up negro!
Re: EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend by CheedyJ(m): 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2017
[quote author=c733d post=59730598]
With all the family problems you have,you should shut the hell up negro![/quote
Your problems surely out-weighs DAT of Nigeria as a whole,it's not so hard to see judging from ur frustrated & anger filled comments... Free me abeg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Southampton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 31st August 2019 / Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 / AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.