Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,146 members, 7,845,795 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Frequently Asked Questions About Diabetes Mellitus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Frequently Asked Questions About Diabetes Mellitus (335 Views)

10 Key Facts About Diabetes You Should Know By precious Sobamiwa / Covid-19: Fmic Releases Frequently Asked Questions On Coronavirus / What Your Doctor Did Not Tell You About .diabetes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frequently Asked Questions About Diabetes Mellitus by afonjaman: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
Diabetes mellitus is a multisystemic sickness in which the body losses it ability to manage carbohydrate, proteins and fats in the daily meals.The metabolism of other classes of food such as vitamins, minerals and water is not directly affected
See the common Questions after the cutDOES EATING TOO MUCH SUGAR CAUSE DIABETES?

Not exactly, even though many diabetics are advised to modulate their sugar intake to help improve response to treatment.It is not too much sugar that causes it but the body’s inability to manage sugar, even in small quantities.

CAN I CONTRACT IT FROM MY WIFE?

Diabetes is not a communicable disease i.e cannot be transmitted from one person to the other through any form of physical contact.

IF MY PARENT HAS DIABETES, WILL I HAVE IT TOO?

Not exactly, you only have higher chances of developing the disease

WHAT REALLY CAUSES DIABETES?

It is caused by the deficiency of a hormone called insulin.It could be because the body has reduces production or the amount produced is ineffective.This hormone helps to maintain the level of blood Glucose, but when the hormone is deficient the blood glucose rises to dangerous levels

CAN A CHILD HAVE DIABETES?

Yes it is possible.This is usually Type I Diabetes mellitus, in which case, the body is absolutely deficient of this hormone Insulin

CAN FASTING HELP TO TREAT IT?

No, in fact it is discouraged.
They are at risk of dangerously low blood glucose or Sugar too.
They should eat as and when due.

WHY ARE THEY PREVENTED FROM EATING CARBOHYDRATE?

Contrary to popular opinion, they can eat carbohydrate but in low quantities.This reduces the Calorie load in the body as well as the body Insulin requirement.

DO THEY HAVE TO BE ON DRUGS FOR LIFE?

Read more: https://afonjaman.com/2017/08/20/frequently-asked-questions-diabetes-mellitus/

(1) (Reply)

Weight Gain In Weeks. / Step By Step Instructions To Apply A French Nail Treatment At Home / Burn As Much As 20 Kg Of Weight In A Month,blast Ur Tummy Fats With Ease With Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.