Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo (32989 Views)

Gunmen Assassinate Darlington Odume, Lawyer In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Delta: Gunmen Assassinate Man In His Car In Broad Daylight (Disturbing Photos) / Gunmen Assassinate Man And His Pregnant Second Wife Along Lagos-ibadan Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by menwongo(m): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
davodyguy:

cry Don't cry for Argentina

You better shut up.

The use of the word 'deathly' in the context of your post is so so wrong and badly expressed written English.

Shut up and learn.

If you said 'politicians are deadly' still understandable, but using 'deathly' in that context without the corresponding word thereafter makes no sense.

RIP to your English once again.

Mumu
stop trading your stupidity, you end up complicating every thing here.

death·ly
ˈdeTHlē/
adjective
adjective: deathly; comparative adjective: deathlier; superlative adjective: deathliest

resembling or suggestive of death.
"a deathly hush fell over the breakfast table"
synonyms: deathlike, deadly, ghostly, ghastly; More
ashen, chalky, white, pale, pallid, bloodless, wan, anemic, pasty
"the wounded soldiers had a deathly pallor"
archaicliterary
relating to or causing death.
"an eagle carrying a snake in its deathly grasp"
Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by ofuonyebi: 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
why all these cruel assassinations?

our country need to repent of all these wicked evils to allow GOD's visitation for mercy

and revivals..
Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by ransomed: 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2017
Mologi:
My people let's biri kam biri...

This bloodshed is just too extreme in Nigeria.
:::-- As far as greedy people are everywhere, there will be no room for live and let live. When you loot money that is meant for thousand of people and intimidate them with impunity, there will be friction that can lead to death. RIP to the dead soul.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by davodyguy: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
menwongo:

stop trading your stupidity, you end up complicating every thing here.

death·ly
ˈdeTHlē/
adjective
adjective: deathly; comparative adjective: deathlier; superlative adjective: deathliest

resembling or suggestive of death.
"a deathly hush fell over the breakfast table"
archaicliterary
relating to or causing death.
"an eagle carrying a snake in its deathly grasp"

You're just acting like a school dropout. Instead of you to take correction, you're still living in ignorance. I'm here to help you.

Your mumu post reads 'Politicians are deathly. R. I. P'

We've tried calling you out to educate you that the use of the word 'deathly' independently in the context.of your post is super wrong, but as a Stubborn kid, you're stiff necked.

According to the meaning you lifted from the internet, it says 'deathly' implies resembling or suggestive of death.

Let's now link it to your mumu post

Politicians are deathly. R. I. P' does it mean politicians resembling or suggestive of death.? Like seriously?

Your case is beyond redemption.

In your sentence, you started with a noun 'politicians' to properly describe who they are, all you need is an adjective. Hence the proper adjective to describe them is dangerous or deadly, not the word 'deathly'. 'Deathly' is an adverb and didn't in anyway describe the noun politicians.

You're a proper olodo and stack illiterate
Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by davodyguy: 10:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
huh.. And in that context it made sense?.. King of England.. I greet u ooo... Just one expired gold circle could have averted this nonsense.. Plc foestus everywhere.. Huh
The guy is a piece a trash.

Some years ago, a certain man should have pulled out when he was about to release. If he did, this garbage would have been prevented from conception

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by menwongo(m): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
davodyguy:

You're just acting like a school dropout. Instead of you to take correction, you're still living in ignorance. I'm here to help you.

Your mumu post reads 'Politicians are deathly. R. I. P'

We've tried calling you out to educate you that the use of the word 'deathly' independently in the context.of your post is super wrong, but as a Stubborn kid, you're stiff necked.

According to the meaning you lifted from the internet, it says 'deathly' implies resembling or suggestive of death.

Let's now link it to your mumu post

Politicians are deathly. R. I. P' does it mean politicians resembling or suggestive of death.? Like seriously?

Your case is beyond redemption.

In your sentence, you started with a noun 'politicians' to properly describe who they are, all you need is an adjective. Hence the proper adjective to describe them is dangerous or deadly, not the word 'deathly'. 'Deathly' is an adverb and didn't in anyway describe the noun politicians.

You're a proper olodo and stack illiterate
In your 'I too know mentality' you thing all words that end with -ly are adverbs.
mumu
deadly can be used in placed of deathly also, deathly can replace deadly in sentences.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
davodyguy:

The guy is a piece a trash.

Some years ago, a certain man should have pulled out when he was about to release. If he did, this garbage would have been prevented from conception
couldn't agree more.. Well said..
Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by davodyguy: 10:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
menwongo:

In your 'I too know mentality' you thing all words that end with -ly are adverbs.
mumu
deadly can be used in placed of deathly also, deathly can replace deadly in sentences.

Just shut up and take correction, if not, you'll end up as a failure in life.

'Deathly' is an English word and no one is disputing that, neither is the issue having to do with ly

What we are telling you is that, your post was badly composed and not a proper English expression.

I'll construct a sentence that ends with ly, just to show you ly can end a sentence

'Seun, Please act responsibly' this sentence is very clear and the message is an advice

In this second sentence below, the same responsibly that ended the above sentence, can't end it

Seun did not responsibly (what) This is an incomplete statement, similar to what you posted.

The correct statement should be

Seun did not responsibly act/behave at the party.

I hope you can learn, which would be good for you

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
RIPEnglish:

why do you called me?
i miss u my luv. Abeg shower me luv with one grammar. thanx
Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by YaksonFCA(m): 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
RIP
Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by DeRay98(m): 6:37am On Aug 22, 2017
davodyguy:

Just shut up and take correction, if not, you'll end up as a failure in life.

'Deathly' is an English word and no one is disputing that, neither is the issue having to do with ly

What we are telling you is that, your post was badly composed and not a proper English expression.

I'll construct a sentence that ends with ly, just to show you ly can end a sentence

'Seun, Please act responsibly' this sentence is very clear and the message is an advice

In this second sentence below, the same responsibly that ended the above sentence, can't end it

Seun did not responsibly (what) This is an incomplete statement, similar to what you posted.

The correct statement should be

Seun did not responsibly act/behave at the party.

I hope you can learn, which would be good for you

Omo, no need to correct him it's all a waste of effort and time. He's unteachable. These are type that boast that "they gave the examiner the marking scheme" in an exam after writing nonsense.
This is what you see here on N/L daily.
Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 22, 2017
duroc:
Edo states and bad news are like...... Abeg who has that Jacob Zuma pix?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo by tayadof9ja(m): 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
agbonkamen:
the killings in Your own state should be called what "Experiments" it happens everywhere not only Edo state.
for your info, I'm equally from Edo state but u will agree with me that the rate of killing in Benin is relatively high.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Police Interrogation Tactics That Can Lead To False Confession / Man Caught For Raping 5-Year-Old Girl In Abia, Blames Devil, Rain / Texas: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Woman, Ripping Unborn Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.