Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:14 PM

Top 5 Job Secrets Hrs Don't Want You To Know - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 5 Job Secrets Hrs Don't Want You To Know (457 Views)

How Can I Combine Masters Degree With 9-5 Job? / Parents Who Want You To Study Medicine Love You For Real Do It ! / How To Have A Good Time Doing A 9 - 5 Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Job Secrets Hrs Don't Want You To Know by ubiqly: 12:14am On Aug 22, 2017
What are those 5 job secrets they will never tell you? Have you ever wondered while some people are getting and changing jobs with ease, some others are still at home prayerfully tapping into other people’s blessings?

Or you are probably wondering how some people change jobs like they own the firms, while others are scared to leave their jobs like a little puppy hiding from the rain. There are some secrets you don’t know and right now, I am about to expose some of these secrets.

Application gets you an interview, recommendations gives you the job.

This is what people call “connection”. Instead of applying endlessly to all job roles on the internet, spend time networking. Applying for a job you are qualified for, might land you an interview but it doesn’t guarantee you the job. All you need is just a recommendation from anyone who is an insider in that firm and BOOOM you have that job! I have worked in three different organizations and two of them came without stress - but with recommendation.

There is always that special candidate among the invitees for an interview

Because of the fact that the above point exists, therefore this point should also be in existence. I remember applying for a job that I was recommended for. Most of them saw me as the underdog as they continued to discuss among themselves. They never knew that I already had a pre-discussion with the man that was to interview us, and the reason for me being with them was just to show face.

You see a large number of people who are waiting for that interview; there is someone who knows that he has the job already. You might ask yourself “So why the need to conduct the interview?”

It is because they want to know if there is someone who is actually far better than the “special” candidate. Once all of you perform within the same range in the interview, the candidate is chosen with ease.

The person with an extra skill gets the job

When next you are invited for an interview, always ask yourself “what can I offer aside from my job role?” Don’t bother thinking about “team player, analytical skills". All those are jack and bull skills.

Companies are looking to cut down on labor cost, and they are willing to hire someone who possesses various skills in his armory. If can’t answer the above question, no need hoping and waiting when they tell you “We will get back to you.” I hope you have known this job secret

http://www.wordbare.com/article/top-5-job-secrets-hrs-don-t-want-you-to-know/5d5a12773d1e4d599abfd3cd57072c8c
Re: Top 5 Job Secrets Hrs Don't Want You To Know by krushdripper(m): 2:52am On Aug 22, 2017
Make good money online, check my signature.

(1) (Reply)

3 Tips For Writing With Vivid Language / Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Brand Ambassador? / Nigerian Mother And Son Set To Be Called To Bar This Week (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.