Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

One Week Into The ASUU Strike - My Opinion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / One Week Into The ASUU Strike - My Opinion (374 Views)

A Week Into Resumption, BSU Lock Students Out Over School Fees (Photos) / ASUU Strike: What Is The Resolution Of The ASUU Chapter In Your School? / 7 Things Students Can Do During The ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Week Into The ASUU Strike - My Opinion by Ihechiopara: 8:42am On Aug 22, 2017
A lot has been said by those sitting up in the food chain about the current indefinite nationwide ASUU strike.

As at last week, all we heard from the Federal government were words of hope, ''ASUU MIGHT CALL OF THE STRIKE ON MONDAY 22 AUGUST''

It is clear that the strike is still on despite the meeting that was held yesterday and the consideration of the offer made by the Federal government on Thursday last week. I am not a pessimist, but at this point I can say it is only safe to keep your hopes down.

Just yesterday I was speaking with someone and he mentioned how outrageous the ASUU demands are and how impossible it is for the FG to grant it in a short period if at all it could be granted. ''They just want a share of the national cake'', he said.

My advice to you all waiting on the strike to be called off, GET BUSY ��
Run an internship program, get a temporary job, start a project, volunteer for a project or as my Twitter peeps will say, learn a trade.
Yesterday I saw something on KraksTV that cracked the joy open! The video is summarized into the fact that this strike might be the longest of the srikes.

My dear readers, it just occurred to me recently that it makes sense for employers to require experience from a fresh graduate. In case you have gotten a grasp of the issue, this period is the time to gather the experience, gather it.

Make hay while the sun shines.

You could always hit me up on, I might have a few organizations to connect you with.
Twitter @theihechiopara
Instagram @ihechiopara
Facebook Ihechi Opara
ihechiopara@gmail.com

http://www.ihechiopara.com/2017/08/one-week-into-ASUU-strike-my-opinion.html

Re: One Week Into The ASUU Strike - My Opinion by flowfury(m): 9:18am On Aug 22, 2017
I weep for this country, where unity is not negotiable... Tch... Biafra all the way jare..

(1) (Reply)

Contrversy On Cut Off Mark / Olabisi Onabanjo 2017 Post-utme Results Released [how To Check] And Cut-off Mark / UNIZIK: How To Buy The Post-utme Form And Dates For Post-utme Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.