Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,728 members, 7,813,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue (1458 Views)

Help: Unlocked LG Velvet Network Issue / Nigerian Lady Electrocuted By Her Phone Connected To Light While Asleep(photos) / Tecno Camon cm beats samsung s6 edge in benchmark. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 23, 2017
My sister's Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge just started having this problem of writing not connected to network when you dial a number to call.
She bought it brand new in Philippines as at last year when she was schooling there, it was working very fine here until I came back and she told mahout the problem. I didn't want to stress myself finding the solution so I advised her to go to Samsung repair shop in fine brothers but she came back and from her story, the attendants there seemed more confused than her so I decided to help.
I've spent the whole night searching the web for solutions to similar scenario but all my effort in that respect were futile, I first thought it was imei problem but the imei is normal, I checked the download mode and recovery to check if it has been tampered with but the the Knox count is still null. I went for the last resort which is to flash it with a new firmware, it came previously with Android 6( marshmallow) so I upgraded it to Android 7( Nougat), I factory reseted it after flashing it with Odin but the problem still persists.
Am asking and appealing if someone have encountered such problem of not connected to network and how it was solved because right now am starting to feel this is a hardware problem. The phone uses a nano SIM and below is some screenshots of the phone.
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2017
Is the phone Network Carrier Factory Unlcocked ?
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by zamanii: 11:30am On Aug 23, 2017
Is the phone network unlocked? Check the baseband if it's not damaged
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
How do I find out the baseband is alright?

Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2017
The files before flashing.

Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by dustmalik: 5:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
Your IMEI looks suspicious. I suspect this might be a test unit, not one meant for retail. I suggest you tell your sister to return it to wherever she bought it.
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by s33d(m): 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
Got one same s6 edge(only d panel now) with same problem which i've not been able to resolve. Previous attempts to fix shows its hardware related(sim slot). I've flashed, format, root, downgraded, upgraded like you, none helped. If u find a solution, please share
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by s33d(m): 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
Seems its also model version related(my opinion). International unlocked version
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by samsard(m): 8:15am On Aug 25, 2017
dustmalik:
Your IMEI looks suspicious. I suspect this might be a test unit, not one meant for retail. I suggest you tell your sister to return it to wherever she bought it.
True, that IMEI looks really suspicious even at first glance.
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by Baroba(m): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2017
IMEI checker returned this, not sure how true that is btw..

Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by kanfixng: 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2017
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by zamanii: 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2017
Baroba:
IMEI checker returned this, not sure how true that is btw..

Wow this calls for concern. Try another imei checker website and see what the result is

Or find a phone engineer who has Octopus box. If you find one, ask if they can re-write the imei. That should solve the problem if you can find an engineer who has Octopus box

OP quote replies in order to make us follow the thread
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by s33d(m): 4:59pm On Aug 31, 2017
The phone is an unlocked international version, never been locked to any network. That's why it's showing blacklisted because it is not on clean imei server. Nothing is wrong with the imei since the imei is not null. Such imei are found on cdma and unlocked phones. Still waiting for solution
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by s33d(m): 5:05pm On Aug 31, 2017
My 64gb s6 edge board with same no network problem is available for sale. Rooted with custom rom. For use as ipod or parts. Contact me
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by zamanii: 3:08pm On Sep 01, 2017
s33d:
The phone is an unlocked international version, never been locked to any network. That's why it's showing blacklisted because it is not on clean imei server. Nothing is wrong with the imei since the imei is not null. Such imei are found on cdma and unlocked phones. Still waiting for solution

Are you suggesting that it's a CDMA phone?
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
s33d:
My 64gb s6 edge board with same no network problem is available for sale. Rooted with custom rom. For use as ipod or parts. Contact me

Did you buy the phone like that?
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by s33d(m): 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2017
emrain:

Did you buy the phone like that?

No. Started after some months usage
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by Ebubemg(m): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2017
s33d:

No. Started after some months usage
i think ur sister's phone is country lock , Samsung is fond of doing that, but it can be unlocked

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by s33d(m): 6:39am On Sep 03, 2017
zamanii:

Are you suggesting that it's a CDMA phone?

No. Can't be.
Re: My Sister's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Not Connected To Network Issue by NettoHub(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2017
ccrazy:
My sister's Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge just started having this problem of writing not connected to network when you dial a number to call.
She bought it brand new in Philippines as at last year when she was schooling there, it was working very fine here until I came back and she told mahout the problem. I didn't want to stress myself finding the solution so I advised her to go to Samsung repair shop in fine brothers but she came back and from her story, the attendants there seemed more confused than her so I decided to help.
I've spent the whole night searching the web for solutions to similar scenario but all my effort in that respect were futile, I first thought it was imei problem but the imei is normal, I checked the download mode and recovery to check if it has been tampered with but the the Knox count is still null. I went for the last resort which is to flash it with a new firmware, it came previously with Android 6( marshmallow) so I upgraded it to Android 7( Nougat), I factory reseted it after flashing it with Odin but the problem still persists.
Am asking and appealing if someone have encountered such problem of not connected to network and how it was solved because right now am starting to feel this is a hardware problem. The phone uses a nano SIM and below is some screenshots of the phone.
Give it to a hardware to engineer to run some diagnosis on it to see if its a hardware fault though i strongly doubt that the cause of the issue will be from the motherboard, if that doesn't work then try reinstalling the rom again or check to see if the phone is a sub brand like "t-mobile, verizon or others" and try to ask for a solution in their forums

(1) (Reply)

Lg G3 / Wow! The New Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Features You’ll Love To Know / Latest Updates For Your Infinix Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.