Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,762 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? (415 Views)

If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! / CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? / CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God?

PART SIX

This is a continuation of my previous posts on this issue. For those who have not been following please tart reading from the first part to fully understand what I have been trying to say. Thanks for reading.

Today, in most of our churches, Pastors shamelessly refer to Jesus Christ as God the Son, a term never used in the Bible. This is clear blasphemy as it is obvious that they have no respect at all for God. How can a Son be the same with his Father?

It is only in Christianity we see this error of belief. When Almighty God says ‘This is my Son in whom I am well pleased’ He meant just that, His Son! He did not say ‘this is my other partner in whom I am well pleased’ nor did he say ‘this is my other half in whom I am well pleased’.

We shall get to the koko of the matter very soon but permit me to continue with my story of this demonic belief that found its way into Christianity.

This doctrine of Trinity is more of a mystery than how Almighty God Himself came to be in existence. It appeals to the Trinitarian Pastors and Bishops and all those who teach it because it makes them look like they own all the rights to wisdom and knowledge. Teaching it makes them feel important.

It makes them ‘the anointed ones’ and thus they appropriate to themselves the sole right to interpret the scriptures to suit their desires. Of course anyone who believes this ‘nonsense’, as they admit it is themselves, will believe any other thing. This way, they hold their flocks to ransom, subjecting them to various kinds of financial extortion; after all, the Pastors and Preachers know that they will believe anything they are told since they lack the faith, ability, wisdom, patience and capacity to reason from the scriptures for themselves.

According to a scholar called Robert A Heinlein:

"Anyone who can worship a Trinity and insist that his religion is a monotheism can believe anything”.

How true this statement is. You just cannot say you believe in one God when you agree with the trinity Doctrine. The Trinity simply means God is three. Pastors know that those who believe in this nonsense will believe anything so they plague their flock with endless request for money making you believe that if you do not give you will be damned. They are just capitalizing on your ignorance.

The Bible directly does not teach that God is Triune in an explicit manner like it did that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Despite the fact that hundreds of millions of Christians have died with this belief in Trinity and over a billion alive still believe in the doctrine, there is no definite scriptural evidence from the Old and New Testaments that explicitly support this doctrine. Many verses which remotely seem to support the Trinity Doctrine are taken out of context, modified, distorted, adjusted, misinterpreted or simply manipulated for that purpose.

Millard Erickson, a research professor of theology at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in God in Three Persons: A Contemporary Interpretation of the Trinity, p. 12 writes that:

“[The Trinity] is not clearly or explicitly taught anywhere in Scripture, yet it is widely regarded as a central doctrine, indispensable to the Christian faith. In this regard, it goes contrary to what is virtually an axiom of Biblical doctrine, namely, that there is a direct correlation between the scriptural clarity of a doctrine and its cruciality to the faith and life of the church. In view of the difficulty of the subject and the great amount of effort expended to maintain this doctrine, we may well ask ourselves what might justify all this trouble”.

In my opinion the justification for all this trouble is that those who teach and preach it from the pulpit demand respect from their congregation and have a fear of losing them. The respect comes from the fact that they must be seen as gifted enough to understand what their congregation do not and cannot understand and the fear they nurse is that they may lose their source of income if they preach anything contrary to the accepted norm.

The best way to keep their coffers full is to maintain the status quo and not do anything to ‘discourage’ their members. Hundreds of billions of Dollars exchange hands weekly in the church ‘businesses’. They must not rock the boat or be seen to attempt rocking the boat.

In page 108 and 109 of the same Book Erickson adds:

“It is claimed that the doctrine of the Trinity is a very important, crucial, and even basic doctrine. If that is indeed the case, should it not be somewhere more clearly, directly, and explicitly stated in the Bible? If this is the doctrine that especially constitutes Christianity's uniqueness ... how can it be only implied in the Biblical revelation? ... for here is a seemingly crucial matter where the Scriptures do not speak loudly and clearly. …Little direct response can be made to this charge. It is unlikely that any text of Scripture can be shown to teach the doctrine of the Trinity in a clear, direct, and unmistakable fashion”.

I agree with these scholars because I have read the Bible myself and I cannot find the words ‘Trinity’, ‘Triad of God’ and ‘Triune’, ‘Persons’, ‘Essence’, ‘Substance’, ‘Subsistence’, ‘God the Son’ etc despite the availability of scores of translations. In addition to these, there is nothing in the Old Testament that can be said to insinuate the existence of a Triune God neither is there anything written in the New Testament that may really give one the impression that Almighty God exists in three forms but is One.

The Catholic Encyclopedia also says:

"In Scripture there is as yet no single term by which the Three Divine Persons are denoted together. The word [tri'as] (of which the Latin trinitas is a translation) is first found in Theophilus of Antioch about A. D. 180…Shortly afterwards it appears in its Latin form of trinitas in [the writings of] Tertullian".

However, it must be noted that this man who first introduced the word ‘Trinity’ never meant or thought that it will be used the way it is being used today. On the Trinity, one of the statements credited to him in his work against Praxeas is “These three [the Father, Son and Holy Spirit] are one substance, not one person; and it is said, 'I and my Father are one' in respect not of the singularity of number but the unity of the substance".

The term, ‘I and my Father are One’ simply means one in agreement, not one as in one and the same in any way.

Tertullian also states that the Son was not co-eternal with the Father and did have a beginning as the begotten Son of God. While Tertullian used the word to denote that they are made of the same ‘Substance’, [God is Spirit, the Son exists as a Spirit in heaven and the Holy Spirit is of course a Spirit], his words were later twisted to mean that these three are one and the same (the added line in 1 John 5:7 below), each uncreated, coequal and co-eternally existing with each other from the time God was.

It didn’t matter to them at all if the ‘Three’ were not mentioned as one and equal in the Bible, what mattered was that a ‘party god’ was already being worshipped by the pagans with whom the emerging Christians must coexist so they must find a way to align the pagan three gods with the Christian ‘three’ divine beings to win over the pagans and increase their earnings.

From that perspective they started working towards finding proofs for their thesis and even went as far as adjusting, distorting, misinterpreting and manipulating scriptures to meet up with their goals which are not unconnected with filling their churches with more converts and their coffers with more money. This is still very much in practice today as most Churches are more interested in how much they can get every Sunday than on how to truthfully preach the Word of God no matter whose ox is gored.

The New Catholic Encyclopedia, Vol. XIV, p. 299 states:

"The formulation 'one God in three Persons' was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title (of) the Trinitarian dogma. Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective".

The Catholic Encyclopedia is not alone in this regards. The Encyclopedia Americana, 1956, Vol. XXVII, p. 294:

"Christianity is derived from Judaism and Judaism was strictly Unitarian [believing that God is one person]. The road which led from Jerusalem to Nicaea was scarcely a straight one. Fourth century Trinitarianism did not reflect accurately early Christian teaching regarding the nature of God; it was, on the contrary, a deviation from this teaching".

Almighty God is wholly and truthfully ONE. Not three in one. That was never taught in the Bible. Any teaching that tries to add to or remove from this fact is a teaching from the throne of he who operates from the pit of darkness, Satan.

Earle E. Cairns, in Christianity Through the Centuries, published by Zondervan, Grand Rapids, 1967, p. 122, is of the opinion that:

“Though the Bible taught truth of the Triunity of God implicitly in both Old and New Testaments [Cairns gave no reference to where it was taught], the development and delineation of this doctrine was brought about by the rise of heretical groups or teachers who either denied the deity of Christ or that of the Holy Spirit. This caused the early church to formally crystallize the doctrine of the Triunity. Actually, Tertullian in 215 A.D. was the first one to state this doctrine using the term, Trinity”.(Emphasis mine).

This clearly shows that a doctrine that was meant to be the principal Christian belief was ‘developed’ and given a name that has never been found in the Bible over two hundred years after Jesus Christ died. Very interesting!

Let it be known that this word, ‘Trinity’, as it relates to Almighty God and Jesus, was created by a man. It is not a creation of the Word of God but the word of man. Also, no single word, till date, may be interpreted as referring to a triune God or a God that ‘sounds’ like a ‘triad’ in the entire Bible.

The claim by the above writer that ‘the development and delineation of this doctrine was brought about by the rise of heretical groups or teachers who either denied the deity of Christ or that of the Holy Spirit’, is not the whole truth. Trinity was actually a belief spread by apologists of Greek Philosophy who permeated the Christian Church and wanted to introduce the belief (proposed by a man in the year 215 A.D.) into the Christian faith. Before then, the word ‘Trinity’ was unheard of in the Christian world.

Because the belief that Jesus was the ‘Son of God’ existed and was widely believed by the Christians long before the doctrine that he was ‘God the Son’ was created, it is clear that proponents of the Trinity were the real heretics and teachers of the strange doctrine.

This is exactly how those who teach and preach the Trinity deceive gullible Christians. They teach that those who say Jesus Christ is not the Almighty God, those who reject the Trinity Doctrine like the Jehovah Witnesses, are heretics and ban all their Church members from reading their books. Meanwhile they are the real heretics, preachers of a doctrine that has no basis in the Bible.

If you think I am just blabbing, check these out: Galatians 1:6-10 (J.B. Phillips New Testament):

"I am amazed that you have so quickly transferred your allegiance from him who called you in the grace of Christ to another “Gospel”! Not, of course, that it is or ever could be another Gospel, but there are obviously men who are upsetting your faith with a travesty of the Gospel of Christ. Yet I say that if I, or an angel from Heaven, were to preach to you any other Gospel than the one you have heard, may he be damned! You have heard me say it before and now I put it down in black and white—may anybody who preaches any other Gospel than the one you have already heard be a damned soul!”

A Trinity-believing online Christian organization, Bible.org, helps buttress the fact that the Trinity concept was developed by men when it says:

“The point, then, is simply this: While the term Trinity is never specifically used nor the doctrine explicitly explained in Scripture, it is nevertheless implicitly stated. The church councils, in their fight against heresy, were forced to think through what the Bible says about how God exists. The result was the doctrine of the Triunity, but let it be emphasized that the development of this doctrine was based on a careful study of Scripture”.

The import of the ‘development’ of the Trinity concept by men will be clearly understood when we remind ourselves that no one needed to ‘develop’ the teachings in the Bible that Jesus is the Son of God or that he came and died for our sins. This is because the Bible explicitly makes these clear. It is quite insulting to the majesty of Almighty God that the Bible, His Word, cannot explain a doctrine He wants to propagate and has left it to men to do so.

If you think I have not been making valid points so far then wait for the next part where I shall talk about the development of the doctrine before we go into the very few words in the scriptures that proponents of the Trinity shamelessly use to deceive us.

The next parts of this write up will blow your minds off.

(1) (Reply)

Five Benefits Of Tourism To The Host Community / Finally! Nysc Releases Mobilization Timetable For Batch B 2017(photos) / The Need For Nans To Take On Cultism-by Salami Ismail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.