Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Wayne Retires From International Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wayne Retires From International Football (237 Views)

Eden Hazard Retires From professional football At 32 / Javier Mascherano Retires From International Football / Wayne Rooney Has Retired From International Football. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wayne Retires From International Football by sidetalks: 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
Here is a statement from Wayne on his decision to retire form international football:
It was great Gareth Southgate called me this week to tell me he wanted me back in the England squad for the upcoming matches. I really appreciated that.
However, having already thought long and hard, I told Gareth that I had now decided to retire for good from international football.
It is a really tough decision and one I have discussed with my family, my manager at Everton and those closest to me.
Playing for England has always been special to me. Every time I was selected as a player or captain was a real privilege and I thank everyone who helped
me. But I believe now is the time to bow out.
Leaving Manchester United was a tough call but I know I made the right decision in coming home to Everton. Now I want to focus all my energies on helping them be successful.
I will always remain a passionate England fan. One of my very few regrets is not to have been part of a successful England tournament side. Hopefully the exciting players Gareth is bringing through can take that ambition further and I hope everyone will get behind the team.
One day the dream will come true and I look forward to being there as a fan – or in any capacity.
http://www.sidetalks.com.ng/2017/08/wayne-retires-from-international.html

(1) (Reply)

Highlight Chelsea Vs Arsenal 0:0 / Jones Missed Benfica Match Due To Injury / Liverpool Legend Calls Woodburn ‘more Skillful Than Owen’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.