Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,189 members, 7,839,042 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day (60785 Views)

One Harsh Reality of Life One Must Accept. / Free Knowledge That Might Save A Life One Day / Free Knowledge That Might Save A Life One Day. Share With Friends And Families.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by jay2pee(m): 6:19am On Aug 24, 2017
Wooowwww. I have learnt a lot from this piece.... Lastmumu, you dey wise in this aspect ooo
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by oyekanwahab(m): 7:32am On Aug 24, 2017
LastMumu:

13. You are driving a car and your brakes failed,then

Do not say your last prayers in panic and be shouting "Jesus! Jesus!" upandan
Do not kill( turn off) the engine in panic as turning off engine will lock your steering then you can't change your path to avoid collisions.
Do not change your gear to “neutral”, just decrease the gears sequentially. If you are in 80 with 4 gear come to 3rd and hit accelerator car will slow down like wise do with rest of the gears.
Once you have attained impact sustainable speed, try hand brakes. If they failed too, collide your vehicle with a similarly sized, parked car because Car fronts are designed to absorb shock (structurally weaker) and hitting a similarly sized car will distribute the momentum evenly
Else collide it with a tree or pole( make sure you wear seat belt and have air bags).

there is need to tell people about this more,
lask week a guy in my area ram is car to a shop because of brake failure, and i was telling him that next time he would have just shift to lower gear and use engin brake to stop and he was like it not possible, that ones brake fail the car would automatically start accelerating by it self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by dayleke: 7:34am On Aug 24, 2017
Nice one Mumu

1 Like

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by HarmonyDee(f): 7:57am On Aug 24, 2017
very educative
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Adeoba10(m): 7:58am On Aug 24, 2017
About d dog issue, is very true. It happens to me during my 100lvl days, i was rushing to school to secure first row seat, around 6am,when i saw dis dog running towards my direction, I thought the dog saw it female partner, but i was busy unlocking my interlocked earpiece, the dog saw dat i didn't give a damn/ or show any sign of fear, naso d dog stop with full force and ran back to his cage..... It was after then my heart started beating fast.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Dexema(m): 8:05am On Aug 24, 2017
Cool,especially the one with fire and oil it could help avoid domestic fire accidents.

1 Like

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Adeoba10(m): 8:10am On Aug 24, 2017
About the military picture.... Walahi, i get first hand info.... During 2014 election, my campus was used as the military base, when those soldiets were alighting from their vehicle, dat was how my padi was using his phone to cover them, instantly i DISFRIEND my friend when those guys caught him.
My second experience was when some our relatives came from Lagos to celebrate Ileya with us here in Abk, when they reached Headquarters (Eleweran) they wanted to take pix with their signpost, chai my brother man, my sister woman, the rest na history.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Uyi168: 8:13am On Aug 24, 2017
Knowledge is power..beautiful tips.
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by HopeAlive14(m): 8:17am On Aug 24, 2017
Very educative Life Saving tips; thanks for sharing.

You no be Mumu at all.

3 Likes

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by BornAgainMay: 9:14am On Aug 24, 2017
last mumu indeed

last mumu standing
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Chukazu: 9:36am On Aug 24, 2017
The memorizing of KORAN part is a life saver; most of the people carrying out terror attacks are usually religious bigots, and your ability to memorize a few chapters always comes in handy when they began to separate "sheep for slaughter" because of their sympathy for a particular religion

Lives have been saved by knowing these

"know the secrets of your enemies "

21 Likes

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 24, 2017
Great!
LastMumu:
1. Never take out an object you’ve been stabbed with. It’s actually preventing you from a hemorrhage. Let a doctor or other medical person remove it.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-L2qrQh_fWnM/Vv3LLIVUOwI/AAAAAAAAEdg/C28odYJKo-81hTbUOQnw8co_3ez8afNWA/s1600/Stabbed%2Bin%2BStomach.jpg[/img]

2. If you need urgent help in a public place, do not scream for help. People will think someone else will help you. Instead, call out for help to one specific person.
The bystander effect, is a social psychological phenomenon in which individuals are less likely to offer help to a victim when other people are present. The greater the number of bystanders, the less likely it is that any one of them will help.

[img]http://sonnemann.files./2012/04/bystandereffect.jpg[/img]

3.If the plane you’re in has to perform a water landing, you should never inflate your life jacket while you’re in the plane, as it will make you stuck on the ceiling. Get off the plane first, then inflate the jacket.

4.If you’re cooking with oil and gas and it catches fire, never try to extinguish it with water. Because of the oil, you’ll instead make the fire bigger. Simply turn off the gas and use something non-flammable to cover the flames. A pot lid, wet cloth or a wool blanket are useful.

5.Stay close to the ground if any building catches fire. Smoke is the first cause of death during a fire & smoke rises. Clearer air for breathing is found close to the ground.

6. If you find yourself in the ocean, for example, and want to surface, your first instinct will be to paddle as fast as you can. It will exhaust you, and eventually cause you to drown. Instead, just float, like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jncVb2onYC4&feature=youtu.be

7.Wherever you go, be it a church, a party, or even a school, make sure you see 3 exits. It can be both easy and hard. Scan the space with your eyes so that even if there’s only one door you’ll find at least three ways out.

Why? If something bad happens, it’ll be too late to look for an exit. If you’ve found and memorized them in advance, you’ll be able to move toward one of them almost without thinking.

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Bahddo(m): 9:52am On Aug 24, 2017
Nice... Thanks op. For some reason I can't even place, I've been super interested in safety tips lately.

There's this app Offline Survival Manual. It was love at first sight between the both of us smiley

1 Like

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by yorex2011: 9:55am On Aug 24, 2017
Very intelligent tips
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2017
I5. If a stranger gets in your car forcefully and orders you to take them somewhere, you can drive straight into a pole or a lamp post. This way you’ll render yourself useless to them becausea) the car is damaged andb) you've drawn enough attention by crashing thecar.Sure, you'll damage your car but you'll save your life. Ensure your seat belt is on and your car has airbag.

Agree with all your points except this. If the stranger is armed with a lethal weapon, DON'T try this. Please don't try to be a hero In Hollywood movies or James Bond. You will be killed if you try to play smart.
Obey all instructions and you might live see another day.

You can only use the above tip if you are SURE the stranger is unharmed.

7 Likes

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 24, 2017
If the stranger is unarmed, why'd I even ruin my car or even listen to him in the first place? I'd rather call the police or drag him out of my car lol.

LastMumu, so you get sense like this? Nice one.

Pushas:
I5. If a stranger gets in your car forcefully and orders you to take them somewhere, you can drive straight into a pole or a lamp post. This way you’ll render yourself useless to them becausea) the car is damaged andb) you've drawn enough attention by crashing thecar.Sure, you'll damage your car but you'll save your life. Ensure your seat belt is on and your car has airbag.

Agree with all your points except this. If the stranger is armed with a lethal weapon, DON'T try this. Please don't try to be a hero In Hollywood movies or James Bond. You will be killed if you try to play smart.

3 Likes

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by shirgles(m): 10:34am On Aug 24, 2017
Tnx op
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by cristianisraeli: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2017
LastMumu:
I5. If a stranger gets in your car forcefully and orders you to take them somewhere, you can drive straight into a pole or a lamp post. This way you’ll render yourself useless to them because
a) the car is damaged and
b) you've drawn enough attention by crashing the car.
Sure, you'll damage your car but you'll save your life. Ensure your seat belt is on and your car has airbag.

I know I run the risk of sounding like a religious bigot but we are sharing life-saving tips here, and what I'm about to share has proven time and time again to be a major life saver.

16. Learn and memorize at least two verses in the Quran. With the recent upsurge of terrorist attacks at malls, parks and on the road, you might not know when and where this knowledge might be of grave importance. At least, this dude lived to tell his story.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38459996

Yes i agree..am a christian but i know the koran and surah as well..its called art of war

5 Likes

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 24, 2017
Pushas:

The stranger being harmed is a bigger reason why you need to safely crash the car than follow him to an unknown location, you do not know if going there would get you raped, kidnapped or murdered (there are many psychopaths and ritualists roaming the world today). As long as you are not driving at a neck-breaking speed and your vehicle is equipped with an airbag, you will be safe. Crashing the car in a populated area will disorient the attacker and bring everyone's attention to the crash. I would rather risk that than being alone with an armed stranger in an unknown location where I have no control again.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by odoguma(m): 11:02am On Aug 24, 2017
Are you out of school and in need of a short term job to make money before resumption. Look no further.
Iroko Tv is now recruiting for Offline Sales Agent who will sell their subscription vouchers to existing and new customer.
Basic Salary: 25K
On-Time target: 40 to 60K and above.
Application is by sending in CV to erecruiter@erecnigeria.com with the email subject "Offline Sales Agent - (Location) "

They now have openings for Offline Sales Agents in various locations in Lagos.

Locations include:

- Ikeja
- Victoria Island
- Surulere
- Lekki
- Alimosho
- Isolo/Okota
- Yaba
- Ajah
- Maryland
- Trade Fair/Alaba
- Iyana Ipaja/Idimu
- Ketu
- Ikorodu
- Apapa

Note: Successful applicant will be contacted via mail for interview.

1 Like

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by handsomebanana(m): 11:09am On Aug 24, 2017
Ah shuld tke advice frm sum1 calld Lastmumu.

Hahaahahahhahahahahahahaha
D gods indeed must b crazy.

Bullshitterz
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2017
LastMumu:

The stranger being harmed is a bigger reason why you need to safely crash the car than follow him to an unknown location, you do not know if going there would get you raped, kidnapped or murdered (there are many psychopaths and ritualists roaming the world today). As long as you are not driving at a neck-breaking speed and your vehicle is equipped with an airbag, you will be safe. Crashing the car in a populated area will disorient the attacker bring everyone's attention to the crash. I would rather risk that than being alone with an armed stranger in an unknown location where I have no control again.
I agree with this a 100%. However, since we are not really sure of the status of the stranger (he might be a terrorist, hired assassin, Street thug, etc ) They best thing to do always is to Obey instructions. If he feels threatened or can see you trying to play smart. He won't hesitate to kill you! Don't underestimate some peeps.
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2017
To buttress my point, LastMumu

This is a perfect answer from a Professor of Criminal Justice on Quora and this should apply in all situations.

"Complying with the robber’s demands is usually the best thing to do unless you’re Chuck Norris, and even then you still might be injured ot killed. You don’t know what’s in his mind so it’s best not to aggravate him"

Don't try to play smart!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by joehis2013: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2017
Nice write up op keep up the good work
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by phensbassey: 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
cristianisraeli:

Yes i agree..am a christian but i know the koran and surah as well..its called art of war
how do I even know what am reading. let alone memorize it?

1 Like

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by phensbassey: 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
Chukazu:
The memorizing of KORAN part is a life saver; most of the people carrying out terror attacks are usually religious bigots, and your ability to memorize a few chapters always comes in handy when they began to separate "sheep for slaughter" because of their sympathy for a particular religion

Lives have been saved by knowing these

"know the secrets of your enemies "
its in Arabic how dou momorize such?
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Chukazu: 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
phensbassey:
its in Arabic how dou momorize such?

There is English translation, then even the Arabic code, you can learn a thing or two ; when I was in school, during their (Muslim day... We usually have Christians and Muslims prayers ) morning devotion, there were some catchy chapters they usually turn into song... Though in Arabic but I was still able to memorize them, even till today I still remember when I hear it over there mosque

The brain hardly forgets.

6 Likes

Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by phensbassey: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
Chukazu:

There is English translation, then even the Arabic code, you can learn a thing or two ; when I was in school, during their (Muslim) morning devotion, there were some catchy chapters they usually turn into song... Though in Arabic but I was still able to memorize them, even till today I still remember when I hear it over there mosque
well i did memorize their prayer back in school I still no it..
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Chukazu: 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
phensbassey:
well i did memorize their prayer back in school I still no it..

That is an "invaluable" asset

Some of them are taken from Koran
Re: Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
I am impressed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria Nsukka In New beautiful ground Pictures / Chigozie Ekenze, IMSU Best Student Gets N13.7M Scholarship From Rochas Okorocha / ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.