Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public (1513 Views)

EFCC Arrests Sanij-D For Duping Briton £9,300, American $2,000 / Nigerian Man And His Indian Girlfriend Arrested For Duping Job Applicants / Friends Lament As Man Is Shot Dead By Gunmen In Idumota Area Of Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Segol: 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
I was at Idumota around 12.20 p.m. today to get some items for myself. On alighting at the bus stop, precisely in front of GTB, a danfo bus with the Registration No. AKD 227 XK is the bus used by these defrauders. There are so many accomplices of theirs around that area. They are wearing green t-shirt with the inscription J. I. PROMOTIONS. They bring out so many green cards and ask you to take one and choose seven numbers. And that the number is likely to win an item in the said danfo bus.

After scratching the card, the person who chose the 7 numbers wiill be deceived that he has won an item in the bus. They will now ask the person to bring N5,000 to collect N40,000 for the value of the item won. Funnily, someone right before your very eyes who is part of them will surrender N500 and be given N3,000. After they collect your N5,000 you will see them bombard you in their numbers and look for way to dispossess you of your belongings. You will have no choice than to run awayu from that spot.

PLEASE BE WARNED.
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Essentials1(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2017
Lalasticlala can you please move this to the front page... I know how much I have lost to fraudsters this year alone
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Segol: 4:42am On Aug 24, 2017
I pray the unsuspecting don't fall prey to this marauders.
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Jabioro: 4:52am On Aug 24, 2017
Awoof dey break bone run belly. How can I won your raffle and you still wanted me to pay money to collect my win item.. OYO lo wa
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Segol: 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
they are hypnotising whoever falls into their trap of ever listening to them.
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Segol: 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2017
PLEASE BE WARNED THAT THEY ARE WORKING IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE POLICE IN THE NEAREST POLICE STATION TO IDUMOTA. EVEN LION BUILDING IS ALSO A SUSPECT.
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Segol: 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
THEY ARE STILL THERE EVEN AFTER REPORTING THEM TO APPROPRIATE AGENCIES OF THE GOVERNMENT TO CHECK THEIR EXCESSES.
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Kelnaija: 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hello Segof. Pls which and which govt agency did you report them to? Kindly treat this question as urgent. Thank you
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Shegzyshola: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2018
Sometime in April last year, i went to oluwole with a friend to get some new clothes, on my way back that very day, i bumped into these JI promotion guys, and whilst walking past them, i was tempted to play their game, “scratch and win gaming”, especially after seeing someone that won a certain product, so whilst we were still i that vicinity, we were approached and was decided to give it a try. After playing numerous cards and ended up spending approximately N2,400 there, fortunately i won something, which was a standing fan, but my friend spent about a thousand naira but won nothing. After winning, they actually gave me my prize and was being convinced by a man that appears to be their cashier that i should sell the standing fan back to them and they would give me about N6k for it, but i refused and then my friend and i left afterwards. Having gotten to my ends at Shomolu area, i decided to ask for the prize of the standing fan, and shockingly it was N9,000 for the final prize. Was glad i didn’t sell it.
Few weeks later, i was running errands on the island and went past Idumota, so i seized the opportunity to play again, while playing, there was this man, looks like an elderly man in a native wear. Unfortunately for him, he played the game with about N3,000 and won just a wall-clock, then he was being made jested of by passersby and other people playing too, he then sold the clock back to them for N1,000 and left unhappy, me not knowing i was going to be unlucky too that very day, i ended playing with N1,500 and won nothing. Ever since that day, i have not played again.

To cut the long story short, all i am trying to point out is that, they are not fraudsters, because they do not force anyone to play, people play out of willingness and not the other way round, but my advice to anyone reading this comment is that, when you play the game and you are fortunate to win, do not sell your prize to them, rather ask them for your ticket number, which is basically the receipt of the item won, this is just to save you from embarrassment from the police.
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Situation001(m): 5:36am On Nov 22, 2018
@segol @essentials1 .. Pls let's keep calling 767 and 112.. I already did.. this people have graduated into armed robbery.. once u don't succumb to their game they obtain you by force.. I was dispossessed of my belongings by this people just day before yesterday.. and people are passing by as if it's non of their business.. it's heartbreaking.. pls lalasticlala help move this to the front page.. it's real for God sake.. I already called 767 pls let's jointly keep reporting this people until something is done.. this people can graduate into something else tomorrow and who knows whose turn it will be tomorrow.. Lalasticlala pls let's save others..
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Situation001(m): 5:57am On Nov 22, 2018
@kelnaija.. I have reported to 767 yesterday.. pls anyway we can get the necessary authority know about this activity pls let us do.. this people are armed..
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Jesamuel: 9:28am On Jun 09, 2019
Since 2017 people have started talking about these piece of shit fraudsters and yet nothing has been done. I was at Idumota for the first time yesterday and I experienced them, said I won a TV set asking me to pay to receive cash for the TV. Thank God I didn't fall for their trap. I can't believe my eyes seeing this happening in broad daylight even in the market.
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Segol: 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2019
pure scam they are and aided by constituted authority
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by David17D: 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2019
i got scammed by this guys yesterday ohhh, pls is there a way we can report this thing to sars
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by Segol: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2019
They are always there with the connivance of the hoodlums around. Traders in the area dare not speak up on their atrocities.
Re: J. I. Promotions In Idumota Duping Uinsuspecting Public by debbydee(f): 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
when they call you dont answer them possibly shout at them they will leave you.

(1) (Reply)

The Moment A Driver Tried Groping A Lady Multiple Times / Instagram Fraudster 'flourishing Josephine' Caught / See Prison Built For 379, Has Over 1000 Inmates, With Over 600 On Trials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.