Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

The Phases Of Building A Successful Business: Phase 3-the Building Structure - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Phases Of Building A Successful Business: Phase 3-the Building Structure (404 Views)

Attributes Of Successful Business Owners / Four Steps To Starting A Successful Business / The Phases Of Building A Successful Business: Phase 1-the Building Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Phases Of Building A Successful Business: Phase 3-the Building Structure by JVLI(f): 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hi there and welcome to another business teaching.
Yesterday, i taught us about the foundation you needed to lay in your business before it can be successful and what it entails in building your business and today i want to lay on that foundation.
When a building is under construction and the foundation has been laid, the next thing is to start building what gives it form and shape and in this teaching i am going to be giving you 5 PILLARS that can and will aid you in building a form or shape in your business and what are these pillars?

PILLAR 1
FINDING YOUR GENRE IN BUSINESS.
what is a genre? A genre is your business area of expertise where it can best function to operate to generate sales and provide services to your clients.
For instance my company’s genre is in the area of generating sales and profits for businesses across the globe and helping their TOTAL MAN to be a success; meaning i provide services to clients’ spirit, soul and body via my business, marketing, inspirational and motivational materials and products.
This has enabled me to focus on ONE MAJOR MISSION with 7 brands of operation to make my genre successful.

You need to know your area of expertise before you can even say you should start your business, because this will save you a lot of confusion on what you are to offer and who your clients should probably be.
Knowing your genre will help you to know and identify your ideal clients easily and quickly, and then be able to connect with them and know what their pain points are, thus knowing the kind of products or services that will solve their problems for them, thereby generating sales and profits easily for yourself because you know what works easily for your clients.

Now the following are the genres that are available and you can make success from them and many years to come are still viable.
Genres can also mean Niches i.e. area of needs of people.
They are as discovered by Eben Pagan, one of my mentors in the digital marketing industry:
Health and Fitness
• Natural weight loss
• Stress
• Muscle gain
• Easy exercise,
• Fat loss
• Organic food
Any specific health problem

Relationship and dating Genre
• Dating
• Relationships
• Marriage
• Sexuality
• Conflict
• Divorce

Money
• Real estate
• Foreign currency trading
• Investing retirement
• Retirement
• Debt and getting out of debt
• Starting a business
• Making money
• Marketing
There are more to these in these genres

These are genres or niches that your business can fall into and create within such, products and services that can be a source of income for you by meeting people’s needs within these genres. It is important to identify your CORE GENRE before starting out in place.
If you haven’t, now is the time for you to do so.
You may ask, ‘How can I know my particular genre?’ Locate it via your passion and the kind of problem your business is designed to solve

PILLAR 2
CREATING PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT SELL THEMSELVES.

In building this structure, you need to know the essence of creating products and services that can sell themselves and that is for you to be able to IDENTIFY SPECIFICALLY WHAT PEOPLE NEED AND NOT TO GENERALIZE IT.
When I started out in business, I never thoroughly understood this. What was my guide rule was that whatever helped me will also help people in my shoes. What I have that helped solve my business problems will definitely solve people in my category as well and I was right. Yes I sold.

However, as I learnt better ways to do business and to generate sales faster, I realized that people are NOT SEARCHING FOR MY PRODUCTS BUT ARE LOOKING FOR SYSTEMS AND SOLUTIONS THAT CAN SOLVE THEIR PROBLEMS.
It was then I realized that if my products and services do have the solutions that they are looking for, then the more they will be motivated enough to buy without me saying much about it and it worked.
Now i have referrals and sales without much advert..
Eben Pagan said, ‘If you speak too much about your products or services, it means that they are not good.[i][/i]’

PILLAR 3
CREATING YOUR BRAND IN BUSINESS.
I believe that you have an idea about what branding is all about, so i won't be talking much about it.
However, i have this to say on branding.
By definition, what is branding?
It is how you package yourself and your business to the outside world. It is also what you are known for or what you represent or represents you.
For example, your name, your business name, your logo, your personal and business profile, your offerings, products and services etc all embedded in what is known as BRANDING.
This is what makes your business to be known for what it is and what it represents so that anywhere it surfaces, it will easily be recognized as part of your business.

For instance, any time anyone hears your name, what does it represents in their minds? That is your branding.
For instance, hearing the name Bill Gates denote Microsoft, Steve Jobs, Apple Inc. This means that your name, your logo, your mission statement, products and services are all interwoven into your branding.
So when you want to brand your business, you need to first identify what you want it to represent and be known for. That is the beginning.
Next, your personality. What kind of picture are you portraying for your business? You think it doesn’t matter? Of course, it does.
People who patronized me on the social media first checked my profile first before they decided that I could be trusted.
Before you brand your business, first brand yourself, then your business can come later.

PILLAR 4
IDENTIFYING YOUR CLIENTS

In this building structure, Once you have branded yourself and your business, it is time to IDENTIFY the real people who actually need your business, your products and services.
To identify them is to first know what your business assignment is. This is known as your MISSION STATEMENT.
What is the purpose of this? It is to give you a focus, aim and target of what you want to accomplish. This is the ONLY way that you can measure your success in your business and results as well.
So once you have identified your mission statement, your mission will show you who are in need of your services.
To identify your clients is to first categorize them, then narrow further to SPECIFIC PEOPLE who can’t do without your products or services. This is the way to identify your clients.
For instance, let's say you will like to promote a Toning Cream for Women, How do you promote it? Will you just advertise to them? You are Wrong!
what? yep! women are the GENERIC AUDIENCE AND NOT THE REAL AUDIENCE! There is a difference. want to know?
There are some women, who DON'T NEED TO TONE THEIR SKIN. So you advertize to them even though they are women, they will look the other way. They won't even read your advert talk less of clicking your advert page!

what to do?
Use the method known as the ASK METHOD OR SEGMENTATION METHOD.
What does this mean?
It means the asking of RIGHT QUESTIONS that draw their needs out.
1. First join and identify your generic audience and that is by joining the group of women
2. Then build a rapport with them, let them know YOU!
3. When you have done 2, proceed with the method.
This way you will draw the people who ACTUALLY NEED YOUR TONING CREAM OUT of the crowd.
To know more about the ASK METHOD TECHNIQUE, kindly get my business coaching course program material titled 'HOW ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS CAN GENERATE SALES FOR YOU' It is N3000. it will build and teach you on communication and connection skills. These skills can turn your business around in 360 degrees and create sales for you again and again. You can call me on 09091983452 if you are interested.

PILLAR 5
CONNECTING WITH YOUR CLIENTS
In building this structure , you need to identify your CORE AND REAL IDEAL CLIENTS as I have explained to you in details earlier, now it is time to connect with them. Why do you need to connect with them? This is because without connecting with them, you can never sell your products or services to them. People hate to be sold out to, so your best choice is to bond with your customers or clients, this way they will know that you care enough to help them and to know what hails them.
So the question arises ‘How then do I connect with my clients?’ Good question.
1. You need to identify the following of your clients:
a. what is their biggest stressor?
b. what is their biggest dream?
c. where are they lacking confidence?
d. what is their biggest fear?
e. where are they lacking clarity?
f. what is their biggest frustration? etc
Why should you know all these? It is because if you say you are the solution to you Ideal Client's biggest problem in business or life and you are not solving their problems, they will find someone who can.
This is the reason why you need to first define with laser accuracy, what is your Ideal Client's biggest problem to be able to connect with them to solve their biggest problems for them to be attracted to what you have to offer them. This is the reason why you need to know all these facts that trouble your client.

2. know how to effectively communicate with your clients. ‘How do you communicate with your clients?’
Do the following:
i. Begin with a bang. Let your headline be catchy and use high emotional value words to do it.
ii. Simplify what you say.
iii. Be concrete and specific.
iv. Go straight to what you want them to do exactly and take them from what to how.
v. Use a conversational tone.
vi. Tell stories. This helps them to relate faster with your products and services.
vii. Build a rapport or a cordial relationship.
To know more on how to communicate effectively, please refer to the course material i asked you to buy earlier. it will help you. ‘How Asking the Right Question can Generate Sales for You.’

3. Another way to connect with your clients is to hit their emotional buttons. ‘How do I now hit that emotional button?’ you may ask.
Here is what Osinski says and does: Osinki is a sales expert and says he lays out an exercise he uses with his students to illustrate the sales concept called the hot button. Standing in front of the class, he holds up a water bottle he says is for sale. For each student who offers to purchase it, he asks them what their reason is for buying. “It’s recyclable,” one says. “I’m thirsty,” says another. “It’s an attractive bottle,” a third. The different reasons individuals have for buying the same product or service are their hot buttons, also known as their pain points—and it’s every salesman’s mission to uncover it.’

These are the ways you connect with your clients. This way your products or services can meet their needs and you make your money effortlessly since your products or services are products and services that meet their needs thus selling themselves.

Till tomorrow for the final session of this teaching, God bless you real good.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell On The Internet Summit 2017 (coming Soon) / Business Opportunity- Agents ,dealer And Distributors Needed Nation Wide, / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Business Lessons I Learnt From A Physically Challenged Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.