Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help (50329 Views)

4 Major Fintech Companies In Nigeria Have Been Frozen By Central Bank Of Nigeria / UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos) / My Bank Account Has Been Frozen By Diamond Bank. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by affiliatexpert(m): 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

FB

first bank?..... owky

mail your bank to request for your bank statement
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
have u call your cousin lawyer. let him advice you.
He was the first person I called last week. He told me he's been involved in similar mess before that he had to refund the amount. He said that all the bank wants to hear from u is to refund d money. He's a lawyer and am a nobody, in future he can protect himself unlike me...that's y I want to resolve this
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
thirdi:
he does not do business with his account does he? if he can show evidence that the account is opened for business and show previous transactions then no issue.

the OP did not state he was running any business using that account. he said that he has not been dubious with his account.
samething no bank have the right to know if am using my account for business or even put blood money. the OP mention no history of dubious transaction.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by bongolistik(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
thirdi:
your line of business and history of such transactions on your account will exonerate you from any charge other wise you are just talking bull grin
and what are you trying to say? because on the contrary I can also knowingly decide to allow a fraudulent transaction with my POS machine just in a day or matter of decision.. So my line of business should also exonerate me from that?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by YourWife(f): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:
it was during the first week of june, i went to the ATM to make withdrawal.. As usual it was a very long queue. A middleaged man approached me to help him withdraw cash by transferring cash to my account. I agreed to help him due to his urgency. I never knew he used a stolen card! This has been given serious concern and its d reason why i brought d issue so as to know what to do...

You made the mistake of accepting wrong doings already. Else, a simple solution to your present quagmire would have been... "I did a menial job for someone (fixed his car), and he paid me by bank transfers"... " How am I supposed to know he is a scammer?" It's not your duty to know how I got my money or spend it (as you client/customer).
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by thirdi(m): 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
good question. why should the asking for a refund for transaction already made.
this is what most have happened - scammers fish for account details and have mole accounts that they set up to move this funds. so many of them ..... how many can banks close. so they still the money and move it to an innocent mans account and collect the money. they dont want to be picked by the ATM cameras. so the victim that falls for the appeal to help becomes the criminal ...wala.

why offer help to someone that you dont know ?? to get money that dont have trace.

just ask them that you will get their image and means of identification before you give them the money see them run lol
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
loomer:

Where and how u meet the man?
ATM camera no catch him face?

If so, make una publish the man face make Nigerians see and weda we fit fish am out.

I requested that I see the footage of the ATM but my bank told me I can only get the footage through d victim's bank
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by thirdi(m): 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
bongolistik:
and what are you trying to say? because on the contrary I can also knowingly decide to allow a fraudulent transaction with my POS machine just in a day or matter of decision.. So my line of business should also exonerate me from that?
Yes it will grin grin but dont say i told you to do it
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by thirdi(m): 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

I requested that I see the footage of the ATM but my bank told me I can only get the footage through d victim's bank
did the man draw the money? with your card? how will the ATM footage help in this regard
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
thirdi:
did the man draw the money? with your card? how will the ATM footage help in this regard
The man used one of the non paying ATMS to do the transfer
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by erico2k2(m): 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
such transaction can also be use on POS machines if u don't know. do you banks can also freeze peoples account anyhow without order from court or concept of the company for the transaction.
Such transaction can never happen on a POS, POS is to accept money as payment, I.e recognized transaction hence its called Point Of Sale Machine
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by kjhova(m): 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
okooyinbo:

Even though America is a crazy country with mad legislations, I do not believe your friend was sent to a long jail term because of 5600$. It seems he is no first time offender.

He is a first offender and yes, he copped 20 years (reduceable to 17 years upon payment of restitution sum of US$50,000)!

It is not about what you believe, it is about what is happening as we speak. US$5,600 hit his account from a case which prosecutors put at millions of dollars. If law enforcement can't nab the others (the real crminals, in this case), the entire case falls on the fellow who has been entrapped. They even brought in an American white lady whose account received US$500,000+ as prosecution's main witness to testify against the African whose account received a tenth of what her account received!

Chairman, never, ever let any funds flow into your account from sources you cannot provide should feaces hit the fan. You will be guilty until proven innocent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
A friend have falling a victim. someone paid money to his account to give to a friend not knowing it was a fraudulent transaction. he withdraw the money and gave to his friend. about 300k. the sender got a police report and frooze my friend account. he was hunted down even to his hostel then in School. his parents have to interval with a lawyer and a case to court. The court grant him bail and free to go after checking the transaction that everything was real transaction with no issues if it is use for fraud or anything which not consigns the bank. Do you mean me sending money during MMM or whatever I should go to the bank with a police report and freeze the account of people I send money to.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
erico2k2:

Such transaction can never happen on a POS, POS is to accept money as payment, I.e recognized transaction hence its called Point Of Sale Machine
do u know how much is being transact daily fraudulently using POS with someone ATM
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Flaghouse1: 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
[quote author=ofedegbe post=59899952]
I've been to the bank more than 3ce since last week and they kept saying d same thing "the other bank is asking for a refund"[/quote

Seethe bank might be waiting for the right moment to get you arrested ,probably wIting for other accomplice ,my questions are :

1.Did you write a letter to the branch as regards this development
2. Who attended to you on your three times visit, if it's all these front desk or customer service illiterates you are on a long thing, better seek the attention of the branch manager.

But still get a lawyer to advise you and write to the bank , before police arrest you oooo
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by erico2k2(m): 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
kjhova:

He is a first offender and yes, he copped 20 years (reduceable to 17 years upon payment of restitution sum of US$50,000)!

It is not about what you believe, it is about what is happening as we speak. US$5,600 hit his account from a case which prosecutors put at millions of dollars. If law enforcement can't nab the others (the real crminals, in this case), the entire case falls on the fellow who has been entrapped. They even brought in an American white lady whose account received US$500,000+ as prosecution's main witness to testify against the African whose account received a tenth of what her account received!

Chairman, never, ever let any funds flow into your account from sources you cannot provide should feaces hit the fan. You will be guilty until proven innocent.
tell them again!
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by erico2k2(m): 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
do u know how much is being transact daily fraudulently using POS with someone ATM
No I dont but I gues it would be a lot, but trust me, the bank fraud you hear of in Nigeria is a child's play compared to the ones I hear of where I live.Trust me on this one.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
[quote author=Flaghouse1 post=59901581][/quote]
It was the customer care officers that attended to me
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by erico2k2(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

The man used one of the non paying ATMS to do the transfer
This should have told you.
1 his ATM is working
2 he withdrew the daily limit for the day hence he needs you.
3 howmuch did he transfer to you?

1 Like

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
imagine the guy the other day that return 6million the other day back to his account. what if he withdraw from it. will the bank arouse him anyhow or pleading for their mistake.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by thirdi(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
[quote author=Flaghouse1 post=59901581][/quote] word word word
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by bestspoke: 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
So your bank is not trying to identify the man via the atm camera he used while trying to transfer funds to you.

They just asking refunds, they do that then what? The criminal remains at large.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Flaghouse1: 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

It was the customer care officers that attended to me

Go and do what I told you ooo
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Flaghouse1: 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

I went to the bank this morning...na still d same thing dem dey talk "the victim's bank demand for a refund"
I even enquired about the victim's details and they said they don't have it. I need a good lawyer as the my cousin lawyer that would have represented me isn't around till later this week and I want to make my complaint now

Well before his arrival ask him what steps you need to take now to put yourself in a vantage position, as I still believe you need to have one or two paperwork by now !!!
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
the bank is the criminal himself. u see why Nigeria Banks are lazy. so u should refund why the criminal is at large and continue to fraud more innocent people and case die abi. u better not refund o. those customer care might be up to something too. seek the manager. and go clean handed with a police report for illegal freezing of your account. The said owner of the account might be the man/criminal.

1 Like

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by joinnow: 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2017
Also helping someone at ATM is like a trap too.its your face that will be in the ATM captured picture when assisting someone that has a stolen card and needed assistance to withdraw
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Lexmeizta: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
gentlemate00:
Hello bro
I was a victim of that same method at Ibadan Skye bank An elderly man approached that he needed to take money out for his treatment, he tried to use the ATM card in my presence and notice the card was not working. During my turn he ask me if he can transfer money to my acct and help him to take out.. I told him he can transfer the money to my acct but let me withdraw from my personal money alas! Right there he made a transfer and receive alert show my name and amount debited he even ask me to collect his number for any problem.
My broda till today no money enter my account but an elderly man for goodness sake. I have move on from that experience but never never accept anyone to use your account or transfer money inside. Maybe my account would have been frozen too, I never receive the amount transfer for the useless old man. It's happened at Skye bank gate Ibadan. Sorry for the stress you pass through. I give up on naija ooo

I feel your pain. Some guy did same to me, was going quite a distance and I assisted him with some money to get gas. Till this day, the elderly man didn't call or made the transfer like he said he was going to.
Thank God it was a sum I could part with, situations like this make it hard to help some people when you're in the position to.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Mrjaz(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

I've been to the bank more than 3ce since last week and they kept saying d same thing "the other bank is asking for a refund"
. That's the best thing return the money back to the account claim it was a mistake and won't repeat itself since they r lenient enouf because if this case continues u will loose more than 50k
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
erico2k2:

This should hafe told you.
1 his ATM is working
2 he withdrew teh daily limit for the day hence he needs you.
3 howmuch did he transfer to you?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by olufemi7onifade: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2017
Go back to same ATM and lay an ambush for the guy for a week am sure u will catch the guy or get a lawer to prove your innocence using cctv footage from the ATM.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by erico2k2(m): 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

hmm I recon he has his daily limit for the day hence he requested for that sum
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by kjhova(m): 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
bongolistik:
Sometimes the law is childish... The whole thing isn't still making much sense... So if for example, I run my business and I use POS to receive fund, and now somebody with stolen or fraudulent card/account comes to make purchase and he/she uses the fraudulent card/account to purchase on my POS, that means I can equally be facing similar charges.

How am I supposed to know his/her card/account was fraudulent and being investigated?

Or are we trying to say that strangers again don't go to business areas to buy something

You must have heard before that the law is an ass. It truly is, if you happen to be ignorant of its tenets.

If someone pays you via POS terminal for goods purchased; it presupposes that you have a physical location (shop), that you keep your receipts, that the bank can eletronically verify such payment. Investigation will also show that you receive such sums often and that very likely, the particular receipt in question was in the line of your regular business. Case closed.

In our friend's case, any lie he tells now or any false claim he makes now, if proven false on further investigation, will worsen his situation. If he claims to have renderred service and received payment for same, it can easily be proven false upon investigation which means straight to prison should the case be presented before a magistrate.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS / The Dantata/Dangote Story: How To Create A Dynasty Of Billionaires (2020) / "Don't Tell Me Nonsense": Photo Of An Igbo Man's Shop With 7 POS Machines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.