Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight (20839 Views)

Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / Two Women Vs 3 Muslim Men On A Flight From Turkey To UK (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2017
Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight - By Jumia Travel

Traveling is stressful. However, the behaviour of some fellow passengers can make your experience quite unpleasant.

Hence, it is important for every passenger to be aware of some of the things you should not do on a flight. As such, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares some of these things.

Don't walk around barefoot
There is nothing wrong with removing your shoes while sitting. However, it is a turn off when you walk around barefooted. So, no matter the distance of where you are going, always ensure you wear your shoes.

Recline your seat
As a passenger, you should be considerate of other passengers by not reclining your seat no matter how uncomfortable you are. But if it is absolutely necessary, you should inform the person behind you.

Badmouth our country
Quite a number of Nigerians are in the habit of badmouthing the country. Try as much as possible not to do this especially when you are on an international flight. Be patriotic and defend your country!

Letting your kids run around
Parents should be attentive to their kids and prevent them from playing around. Most people understand your kids will scream and cry. But, allowing them to play around disturbing others is unacceptable.

Don't wear shorts
If you can, try to wear clothing that covers your skin. No one is interested in you showing off your skin.

Don't turn off the air vent over your seat
If the air blowing makes you cold, it is advisable to wear a sweatshirt rather than turning off the vent. You should know that you are not the only passenger.

View source: http://www.absolutehearts.com/2017/08/six-things-nigerians-should-not-do-on.html

5 Likes

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by FemiEddy(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
Noted at op, I dedicate this FTC to Funke Akindele on her birthday......all The best

19 Likes

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
ty
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Shams4real76: 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
Nice one. Ftc

1 Like

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by eleojo23: 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
Why only Nigerians?

So it is OK for Americans and Kenyans to do all these things, right?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by emmabest2000(m): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
Why always Nigerian's ?

You forgot to add leaving the flight with airline blanket grin

Funny post thou ....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
Travel guru the travel guru...you go add say nah your own personal opinion later bah?
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by sotall(m): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
OK
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by abdulyaro66(m): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
We wey no get the money to enter plane nko?

1 Like

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by wunmi590(m): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
H
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by jay2pee(m): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
Interesting
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by INTROVERT(f): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
dont eat eba and ogbonno, amala and ewedu grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by MSN1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
wo!

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by bastien: 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
We will get there soon, make I dey wait for this God is good bus to full

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by shortgun(m): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
una don hear?
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by MrWondah(m): 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
Na only broom I Don use fly so e no concern me
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Kimsunh: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
eleojo23:
So Americans and Kenyans can do all of them, right?
I tire oo
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by ibroh22(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
issokay, wetin for the day I will first enter airport
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by VickyRotex(f): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
Yinmu! Why for only Nigerians? angry If you're giving advice, give it generally! Don't "Countricize" it! undecided

Btw, your last point is Null and Void! The airline allows you to adjust the AC if you want. You don't have to turn it off completely. That's why some airline has the control for each individual. Especially, when the person sitting beside you doesn't even find it as a big deal too. I don't see any reason why you'd advise that someone shouldn't adjust it. (No go allow people freeze for your head o) Unless of course it's centrally controlled.

eleojo23:
Why only Nigerians?

So it is OK for Americans and Kenyans to do all these things, right?

Good Question!

3 Likes

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lemme get the money to book flight first before telling what to do
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Thobiy(m): 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2017
abdulyaro66:
We wey no get the money to enter plane nko?
one day you go enter naw
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Amajerry83(m): 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2017
Why Nigerians?
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by timothy2396(m): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
Post something that will make us argue jorrr..... in fact let's blame Ipob hence this post is gravitated towards Nigerians grin
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by madone: 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
Calm down on ordering alcoholic wine
[/b]That we paid air ticket doesn't mean that we must empty their bar on the plane. Nigerians can order like Ni man business when on the plane. They want it all.

[b]trying to form wannabe

You don't have to show the world who u know in Nigeria keep ur meetings with people secret an Evans might just be a seat next to you.
stop multiple personality syndrome
Nigerians when u on same flight with them and u are coming back from US u see them very calm at the US airport and polite to the US officials. But mehn make them just reach Nigerian airport you go fear them once the leave the plane. Another arrogant spirit will possess them and u see them shouting on any Nigerian officers that they come across..

These things are very bad

8 Likes

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Stylz69(m): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
Does this apply to long-haul flightstoo cos if I hear that I will not recline my seat in a 6 hour flight! Aeroplane seats are designed to be reclined without inconveniencing the passenger behind you.... and if he is inconvenienced he should recline his as well. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by madone: 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
Calm down on ordering alcoholic wine
[/b]That we paid air ticket doesn't mean that we must empty their bar on the plane. Nigerians can order like Ni man business when on the plane. They want it all.

[b]trying to form wannabe

You don't have to show the world who u know in Nigeria keep ur meetings with people secret an Evans might just be a seat next to you.
[b][/b]
Nigerians when u on same flight with them and u are coming back from US u see them very calm at the US airport and polite to the US officials. But mehn make them just reach Nigerian airport you go fear them once the leave the plane. Another arrogant spirit will possess them and u see them shouting on any Nigerian officers that they come across..

These things are very bad
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Mcsteamy1429: 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
Thou shalt not mess!.....or talk abt rats in the presidents office
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
D 2nd happened to me while onlocal flight, d gurl so rude, an ma own leg long, I just dey beg her to help me adjust her seat go front small, she no gree, squeezed ma self all tru..but wen we landed, I told her to carry d seat wiv her..

2 Likes

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by anyimontana(m): 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
Second to the last doesn't make sense..do I wear shorts while flying to show off my skin?..I want to b as comfy as possible..long flights can b terrible

1 Like

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Ayzo: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
which one be no wear short again, the plan no go fly if i wear short...mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Ikem11(m): 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
Op I doubt that your last one... If u ever been In a flight above African continent then u will know what temperature can be in a cold weather. It's even advice in fact even announced by the flight for you to turn it off if u feel cold. (some airlines though ) I don't know about arik and co

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
ftc bawo

oh the 2 guys above u beat u to it

kikiki

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis / Commercial Bus Rams Into A Fuel Tanker & A SUV In Gbagada (Photos) / Thread For Nigerians In Tahiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.