Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

A Copywriter's Diary: A Copywriter's Emotion + Reasons Why I Can Do... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Copywriter's Diary: A Copywriter's Emotion + Reasons Why I Can Do... (511 Views)

How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Copywriter's Diary: A Copywriter's Emotion + Reasons Why I Can Do... by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: A Copywriter's diary: A Copywriter's emotion + Reasons why I can do Copywriting Job at a discount rate (even for FREE!!)

N.B. This is real sad and serious undecided . . . . . . I'm not fully a Copywriter, but only aspiring to become one ( Freelance )embarassed

#CareerDepressionSyndrome

24/08/2017

Dear diary,

It's ludicrous writing this way. But first. . . . . . . . Why am I writing? I feel depressed! Why? Too much of being insecure sad I feel like a weirdo, actually.

You see, while still young, I had this flair of wanting to be a doctor, but as time went on. . . . . . . . .( You are free to guess ). . . . . . . . I changed my mind. Instability right? That's just it. It's what happens to most people at that kind of a tender age until they get to another stage entirely. Ok, here, this was what happened next. . . . . I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT CAREER I LIKED SO DARN GOOD! I never ever again wanted to become a doctor because I suck bad @ science. So at the latter time I ended up desiring to be a lawyer...... No, model..... artiste. You see what I call instability? So fretful.

While it was time for me entering college [ senior school ], I wasn't really achieving anything. My mum had to help me choose my career! ( Yes. So disgusting that you forgot to say "yuck!" ). I allowed my mum pick a career for me ( which I deem worse than my first choice ).

Alright. Time went on and I thought I'd like this engineering thingy, but I never did! Fortunately, while I was still at my young age, I knew I loved writing ( OMG, especially fictional stories ) but was too 'ignorant' to consider that I could actually do something with that. Precisely, I could foray in a career with writing. Darn it! I was so ignorant.

Dairy, I can advise you to NEVER ever Be LIKE ME! undecided during and after college, I figured out my candid passion for writing, which made me love writing articles. Guess what? I'd write about 2-3 articles a day about various subjects depending on what idea I had or what condition I was. It would so end up being useless ( not that I didn't write it well, but there was nobody and no friend to read it! ). Oh, did I also mention being an introvert? ( I would talk of this a while ). Frankly speaking, Being an introvert brought me a zeal for writing. I had friends actually, but preferred staying alone. Would you be jealous if I told you. . . . . You ain't my first diary? ( Hey, no twitching undecided ). I spent time writing ( some meaningful, some nasty ) articles rather than hanging out with college friends.

Diary, while I graduated from college, my flair for writing grew wide and wild after acknowleding what article writing means and what you could actually just do and make with that ---ยป[$] --- ( Just kidding cheesy ).

What did I do? I started my Google search for online freelancing article writing jobs, and unfortunately sad . . . . . Found none! So, sometimes later,I ended up with a kind of ghostwriting job of writing web contents and blog posts. I totally didn't like that and so I went to upwork site and discovered a kind of job that caught my fancy ---- ( albeit, not at first sight ).

However, while I could hardly find an employer to employ me for writing articles on online magazines and blogs. I had to consider and find out what copywriting entails smiley . Yes, I'm smiling! Why? I sooOooOo much liked the smell of that job! I love all what pertains to this job so far it suits my niche.

Now, my parents don't know I have a flair for writing EVEN if mum had helped me print out my first fiction story while I was still that young. Now that I'm in for my higher institutional level, I oh-so loathe my course and department --- Electrical engineering if you'd ask me sad .

Hitherto, I can't tell anyone that I hate my course save my Heavely Father and my sis alone. On this note, you can consider why I'd say the word 'insecure.' While I'm having a deep and thorough training course for my self on copywriting, I anxiously went online to search for copywriting jobs and what I'd see all through made me lose heart sad

Why? You can ponder and wonder why people, especially here in nigeria, would need high qualifications that I don't have or haven't attained. Qualifications like: journalism, 5-10 yrs experience with advertising agencies etc., which probably dissapproves my chances of working with a global brand? How awful!!

I'd regret why I was too insecure to challenge my parent and say "No! I'm going for what I like best ( ART ) . . . . .( ludicrously, I never really had any passionate career or potential )" My potential, perhaps, was writing --- which I actually love! And being a copywriting devotee, I'm not sure if I'd be against all odds in times to come, by God's grace.

Diary, seems like I've taken a lot of time on this. I would like to tell why I love copywriting in three words: creativity, fun and engaging! smiley
And I'd love to help other copywriters. I'd love to help brands reach their target audience with such creativity with alluring words of salesmanship in print to achieve their goal at the end at a discount rate, or even for free. I'm not a dummy, but I can do this ( even for free ) becaue:
1. It's a passion -turned- hobby.
2. I want to see my potentials spark with reality.
3. I could evolve and expand my knowledge and capability the more ( on what I love as a career ).
4. If I don't do this. . . . . . My knowledge and passion for what I really like would become useless sad so long for being a technical student undecided

Diary, actually, It's overwhelming to see that some sort of people or things underestimate the power of knowledge, passion and capability and give more credits to the qualifications( i.e, cerificate ) thingy. I think I got you overwhlemed also.

Lemme get my hands some sweet massage and rest too and I promise to write again. And this time. . . . . . . Not as lengthy as you may think.

Yours in CDS ( not a letter -- I know ^_^ )

Joshua

1 Like

Re: A Copywriter's Diary: A Copywriter's Emotion + Reasons Why I Can Do... by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 26, 2017
Hameed206:
i like your writing skill and your command of words. thumbs up bro.
07064774565. Add me on whatsapp if you dont mind so we can learn from each other.

I appreciate your comment smiley .

Though, I don't have a registered No for whatsapp.

You can follow my new twitter account ( which I created some days before ) if you wish: @joeschwarr1. The former was: @Jhaytee_Joshua.

Moreover, what do you think we could learn from each other? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Geotechnics, Geophysical Survey And Borehole Drilling / Loyalbonus Launches Online Shopping And Retail Stores Coupled With Services In N / Lalastica Pls Help Me Thank This Wonderful Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.