Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,540 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February (3252 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Arsenal: 88% (38 votes)
Sunderland: 6% (3 votes)
Draw: 4% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Vs Hull City: FA Cup (0 - 0) On 20th February 2016 / Manchester United Vs Sunderland (2 - 0) On 28th February 2014 / AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by mukina2: 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2010
Arsenal will look to bounce back from the midweek disappointment of their defeat to Porto in the UEFA Champions League with a victory over Sunderland.The Black Cats make the journey to the capital for the Premier League clash on Saturday to face a Gunners side that went down 2-1 in the Estadio do Dragao on Wednesday.Goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski had a night to forget in Portugal as the young Polish stopper made sloppy errors for both Porto goals.However, Arsene Wenger's side still have a good chance of making the quarter-finals of Europe's elite competition and they will want to regain form and momentum when they entertain Sunderland at the Emirates.The North Londoners beat top-four hopefuls Liverpool on their last domestic outing in the league, but had previously lost successive games against Chelsea and Manchester United.And while certain quarters had written them off for the title after those games, the Gunners are now only six points behind league leaders Chelsea and still in with a shout.Indeed, they will fancy their chances of keeping up the pressure at the top with Sunderland having not won in the league since they beat Arsenal back in November.

Darren Bent scored the only goal of the game on that occasion but since then Steve Bruce's men have been on a wretched run of form.After a good start to the season, the Wearsiders have slipped down the league table and they currently lie just three points above the relegation zone.Bent has issued a rallying cry to his team-mates ahead of the game but it would take a brave decision to bet against Arsenal taking all three points this time around.To make matters worse, Sunderland could potentially be without six midfielders as they look to end their run of 12 Premier League games without a win.Jordan Henderson (ankle), Andy Reid (hamstring), Lee Cattermole and David Meyler (both suspended) are all certain to miss the clash, with Steed Malbranque (chest) unlikely to play given he is still being monitored by the club's medical staff after being substituted during the draw with Portsmouth on 9th February.Fellow midfielder Kieran Richardson (calf) has resumed training but faces a race against time to be fit, with defenders Anton Ferdinand (ankle) and John Mensah (hamstring) also touch and go.

Striker Fraizer Campbell should start on the bench after shaking off a hamstring problem.Arsenal, meanwhile, could have Manuel Almunia back between the sticks after he missed the trip to Porto, with the goalkeeper rated at 50/50 to return.Should Almunia recover from a twisted finger, Fabianski could again find himself warming the bench after his blunders in midweek.Alex Song could be back after missing the Champions League fixture but midfielder Abou Diaby has picked up a knee ligament problem and is sidelined.William Gallas (calf), Andrey Arshavin and Eduardo (both hamstring) are still out.

Possible starting XIs:

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Vermaelen, Campbell, Clichy, Denilson, Fabregas, Eboue, Rosicky, Nasri, Bendtner.

Sunderland: Gordon, McCartney, Killgallon, Hutton, Turner, Bardsley, Cana, Zenden, Richardson, Jones, Bent.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3151039,00.html]Match[/url]
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by snowdrops(m): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2010
Please Arsenal i tk god beg una.
No fumbling for this match o.
You are only 6 points behind; so no Luca Flabby Handles or Old papa campbell.
We need Gallas, Eduardo, the tricky little russian and rvp back asap.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by july123(m): 6:42pm On Feb 19, 2010
snowdrops:

Please Arsenal i tk god beg una.
No fumbling for this match o.
You are only 6 points behind; so no Luca Flabby Handles or Old papa campbell.
We need Gallas, Eduardo, the tricky little russian and rvp back asap.
@ snowdrops,injuries woes rocking gunners camp.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by sammytb(m): 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2010
The school boys will surely nick this one, uno now the yori yori guys will always do the damage against small teams, 3 points for Arsenal
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by otokx(m): 8:47pm On Feb 19, 2010
Arsenal should get this 3 points or have no one but themselves to blame.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by asscend: 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2010
DARREN BENT WILL SCORE AGAIN.

ARSENAL NEVER SEEM TO LEARN HOW TO HANDLE THEIR TORMENTORS (DROGBA & BENT).

MY HEART TELLS ME 1-1 DRAW, HOW EVER HOPE ARSENAL WINS 2-1.

I WONDER WHERE THE GOALS WILL COME FROM ESPECIALLY IF SUNDERLAND PACKS THE BUS IN THEIR OWN GOAL AREA.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by nuelmae(m): 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2010
Arsenal cannot afford to drop anymore points.
Sunderland is a difficult team to play,but i see
Arsenal clinchin all 3 points
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by snowdrops(m): 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2010
nuelmae:

Arsenal cannot afford to drop anymore points.
Sunderland is a difficult team to play,but i see
Arsenal clinchin all 3 points
To do that, i think we need to drop Clinchy. His form since he came back from injury has been laughable. Even my grandmother would have done a better job.
We need the 3rd choice left back back . . . . . . .wetin be him name again
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by Ekpekus(m): 6:26am On Feb 20, 2010
No dulling 4 dis match o! As we xpect Everton 2 take on United n Chelsea possibly dropping points.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by slap1(m): 7:51am On Feb 20, 2010
Clichy needs to watch this match from the bench. Arshavin is also begining to disappoint ME. I tink we need Campbell. I also vote goal keeper Mannone for the post. Fabianski's a basket.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by bandely(m): 10:30am On Feb 20, 2010
Bent!!! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by edoyad(m): 10:48am On Feb 20, 2010
^ Yes, your nose is bent
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by vicishow(m): 11:12am On Feb 20, 2010
great info,
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by ndgfx(m): 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2010
Walcott had better play this one. I loved the way teh game play changed when he entered against porto. even if it was for a feww seconds but you could see the change in temp,
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by snowdrops(m): 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2010
Opportunity to close the gap on the red nonsense man u to 2 points.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by snowdrops(m): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2010
guys we may even nick this title at the end of the season as unless i am forgeting the other 3 clubs man u chelski and liverpool are yet to play each other and they will all shre the points.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by follypimpi(m): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2010
Now lets do this thing.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by follypimpi(m): 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2010
Silvestre ke shocked shocked shocked shocked Eboue his final 3rd is mostly Poor.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by kvolander: 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2010
The GUN must shoot today. cool
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by kvolander: 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2010
what did Walcott just do?playing into the keeper's chest?
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by kvolander: 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2010
Bendtnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by follypimpi(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2010
kvolander:

Bendtnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr shocked shocked shocked

Imagine.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by kvolander: 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2010
Nasri, no injure o
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by geefivez(m): 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2010
we need a goal now.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by A40(m): 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2010
Yes Boss!! Bendtner has putted it in. Nice assist from Eboue
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by follypimpi(m): 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2010
GOooooooooooAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlllllllllllllll
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by follypimpi(m): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2010
A-40:

Yes Boss!! Bendtner has putted it in. Nice assist from Eboue

@a-40

I forsee a masacre.
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by toosoon(m): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2010
yes we can
1- 0
Bendtner
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by kvolander: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2010
First gunshot,

We need more gunshots please. cool
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by pappilo(m): 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2010
Eboue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by geefivez(m): 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2010
its been coming!!!
Re: Arsenal V Sunderland [2 - 0] On Saturday 20th February by geefivez(m): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2010
its going to be 4-0

Malaga Vs Real Madrid (0 - 4) On 22nd October / Liverpool Vs Stoke City (0 - 0) On Sat. January 14th 2012 / Chelsea Fc Dof Michael Emenalo And Rumored Signing Kenneth Omeruo