Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Urgent - Lexus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent - Lexus (1216 Views)

Urgent: Lexus Rx350 2009 Or Toyota Rav4 2015 / Very Urgent Lexus Es 350 2016 Bumper And Side Mirrors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent - Lexus by coninse: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2017
My Nairalanders,

I need your opinion/advise on a particular matter.

Early this year, I bought Lexus RX330 and used it for a month before leaving Nigeria. Before I left, I removed the battery, locked the vehicle and covered it with a car cover to protect it from the sun UV rays. I brought the car keys with me, didn’t leave it to anyone.

Last month, a relative called to inform me that there are molds/moulds everywhere in the vehicle and even sent pictures and this got me worried. They suggested that I should send the key as to clean the vehicle. Due to my fear, I sent the extra key to them, not the original with remote buttons.

Today, the relative told me they were unable to open the car with the extra key. While we were discussing, someone mentioned that the pair can only open the safe, this doesn’t make any sense to me. I did a few google search and got nothing tangible, they were mostly talking about key FOB and so on.

Nairalanders, can you please let me know if you have experienced such OR/AND do you have any idea on why the extra key won't open the car.

Thanks….
Re: Urgent - Lexus by mayor2013: 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
coninse:
My Nairalanders,

I need your opinion/advise on a particular matter.

Early this year, I bought Lexus RX330 and used it for a month before leaving Nigeria. Before I left, I removed the battery, locked the vehicle and covered it with a car cover to protect it from the sun UV rays. I brought the car keys with me, didn’t leave it to anyone.

Last month, a relative called to inform me that there are molds/moulds everywhere in the vehicle and even sent pictures and this got me worried. They suggested that I should send the key as to clean the vehicle. Due to my fear, I sent the extra key to them, not the original with remote buttons.

Today, the relative told me they were unable to open the car with the extra key. While we were discussing, someone mentioned that the pair can only open the safe, this doesn’t make any sense to me. I did a few google search and got nothing tangible, they were mostly talking about key FOB and so on.

Nairalanders, can you please let me know if you have experienced such OR/AND do you have any idea on why the extra key won't open the car.

Thanks….

Key was not properly cut to fit to open door. If its an Rx330 yours should have a transponder chip that synchronises with the immobiliser to start the ride if other wise would also not start the ride. Just a pointer here. How did this person know that it's only the safe the key can open without getting to open the car door?

1 Like

Re: Urgent - Lexus by coninse: 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
mayor2013:

Key was not properly cut to fit to open door. If its an Rx330 yours should have a transponder chip that synchronises with the immobiliser to start the ride if other wise would also not start the ride. Just a pointer here. How did this person know that it's only the safe the key can open without getting to open the car door?

@mayor2013..thanks for your response. I asked him the say question and he said it's based on his previous experience with Toyota vehicles.
Re: Urgent - Lexus by mayor2013: 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
coninse:

@mayor2013..thanks for your response. I asked him the say question and he said it's based on his previous experience with Toyota vehicles.

There is more to this then
Re: Urgent - Lexus by nurey(m): 9:01am On Aug 26, 2017
The extra key without transponder is not supposed to open the safe/glove compartment box in older cars for security purposes.

Probably they added an extra by allowing it not to start the car without programming it for even more extra features. A pix of both keys will let us know whether the car was opened but they intended starting the car and could not.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

2018 Hyundai Genesis Essentia Concept Unveiled (photos) / My Car Revvs High On Motion / I Need A Bus (higher Purchase)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.