Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,086 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

My Passat 2002 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Passat 2002 (730 Views)

Volkswagen Passat 2002 1.8 Turbo Engine 'right Hand' For Quick Sale N780k / Vw Passat 2002 For Sale @ 750k last price!(No Negotiations) / Very Clean VW PASSAT 2002 Model American Specs, Full Options For Sale @ N1m Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Passat 2002 by sgacious: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2010
Guys make una help meoo,

I followed this dude to cotonue and we found a clean 2002 passat, the supposed car expert test drove the car and certified it okay,
i left for lagos leaving him to clear the car and bring it down to me, next thing i heard he said the car was making strange noises at sango, after much trial an error by various sham mechanics, they took the engine apart and found out the shaft was broken.
now they said a new engine costs 250k. i have already spent over 1.45m to get the car, where do i get 250k for a new engine
i dont know wat to do, will they collect the car back at cotonue?
how much does this engine really cost?
can i get a half engine to couple?

pls my wise brothers, advice me.

Re: My Passat 2002 by mishooo(m): 5:53pm On Feb 19, 2010
That is the standard price for a toks VW Engine but am not sure if the said shaft or other problems cannot be repaired. If you have to buy a toks Engine, you should get a reliable mechanic and take a trip to Owode Onirin along Ikorodu Road in Lag. You should be able to get a good one and at a cheaper price but be prepared for 200K - 250K.

Let the more knowledgeable members chip in their advice before you make your move. am not sure if your engine is already a complete write-off.
Re: My Passat 2002 by GeorgeD1(m): 7:23pm On Feb 19, 2010
my guy, sorry ooo! that is one of the drawbacks of cotonue car business. it is a hit or miss thing. you can go there and if your lucky you come out with a 'clean' ride that is worth all the efforts but sometimes, you may well end up with a lemon car which you start repairing from day one before you even drive it to church! grin
Re: My Passat 2002 by sgacious: 5:59am On Feb 20, 2010
Dont these cotonue merchants ever do a refund
why is a 2002 engine so expensive, that money can buy another car
Re: My Passat 2002 by GeorgeD1(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2010
bros, forget about refund-i don't think you can find the word 'refund' in the vocabulary of any cotonue car dealer.

my friend had a nasty experience similar to yours a month or two ago. the car he ordered from cotonue broke down before ever it got to it's final destination and the dealer had to start running around looking for how to change the gearbox.

same market, same story!

(1) (Reply)

Mack Tipper, Heads,buckets 4 Sale At Extremely Cheap And Irresistable Prices. / Cars Prices In 9ja Keep Crashing While Cost Of Purchase & Clearing Is Soaring / FANTASTIC!!!DODGE CHARGER-VERY CLEAN- BOUGHT FROM NEW-1 OWNER!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.