Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! (4204 Views)

Difference Between "Cities And Towns" Especially Here In Nigeria / Obara Jesus! Robots Has Taken Over Factories In USA. Watch This! / Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by Jacktheripper: 8:59am On Aug 25, 2017
China is an unrivalled powerhouse in the global economy. For the last three decades, its growth has outpaced that of all other nations.

Entire industries that took decades to mature in the West have sprung up in just a few years.
Much of this activity takes place in designated industrial zones where new cities have been built from scratch to accommodate the workers flooding in from rural regions to be a part of the boom.

Between 1984 and 2010, the amount of built-up areas in China increased nearly fivefold – from 3,413 square miles (8,842 square kilometres) to 16,126 square miles (41,768 square kilometres).
To construct these new urban zones, China used more concrete in the three years between 2011 and 2013 than the whole of the United States used in the 20th Century.

Yet even in the world’s second largest economy, the rate of development has overtaken demand.

Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by Jacktheripper: 9:00am On Aug 25, 2017
More

Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by Jacktheripper: 9:01am On Aug 25, 2017
More

Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by Jacktheripper: 9:02am On Aug 25, 2017
Hmmm

Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by joinnow: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2017
Why not make it more interested by telling us the city name and what led to the abandonment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by vanndubi: 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
joinnow:
Why not make it more interested by telling us the city name and what led to the abandonment

From the article above, reason for the abandonment is that the rate of development outran demand for those structures.
Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by bjt(m): 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2017
vanndubi:

From the article above, reason for the abandonment is that the rate of development outran demand for those structures.
I wish we can ship them to Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by ThatCEO: 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
Impossible as it might sound, you can actually import those buildings in one piece to Nigeria. That is what they call concrete.

If you think it's not, check out a building collapse in Shanghai and you will see that they can actually freight it across the Atlantic. It was a geotechnica or soill failure, but the building was solid.

On the other hand, see how a building usually collapse in my Ogbonge contri.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by Nounitesportal(m): 2:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
Apply For Full Tuition Fee Emerging Global Leader Scholarships At AU, USA - 2018

Are you interested in pursuing an Undergraduate degree program from American University, USA?

We are pleased to announce that the American University, USA is offering scholarship programs to International students who wants to undergo an undergraduate degree program from the Institution.

This scholarship program provides everything from full tuition, fees, room and board for one first-year (freshman) high-achieving international student.

Application Process
CLICK HERE
Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by dolphinife: 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2017
There are so many high-rise buildings like this all over the country Unoccupied and unused because the price is greater than demand
Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by vanndubi: 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
bjt:

I wish we can ship them to Nigeria

We just wish. But if only there is so money among Nigeria's middle class...
Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by vanndubi: 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
dolphinife:
There are so many high-rise buildings like this all over the country Unoccupied and unused because the price is greater than demand

Those are not isolated buildings but cluster of buildings in brand new cities. Some of those were built with nobody mind (so much money). Consider the largest of them all, Ordos Kangbashi.

It was built right in the middle of the desert...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/wadeshepard/2016/11/18/chinas-most-infamous-ghost-city-resorts-to-coupons-to-fill-vacant-homes/

1 Like

Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by dbull1(m): 6:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
Jacktheripper:

Yet even in the world’s second largest economy, the rate of development has overtaken demand.
on the contrary, those buildings and cities where built to cater for future demand and future generations to live in. Make your research well

1 Like

Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by Jacktheripper: 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2017
dbull1:
on the contrary, those buildings and cities where built to cater for future demand and future generations to live in. Make your research well

Future generation??............. With the rate at which technology is growing believe me future generation will never use this as building
Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by dbull1(m): 7:17pm On Aug 25, 2017
Jacktheripper:

Future generation??............. With the rate at which technology is growing believe me future generation will never use this as building
technology Asin they'll live in space abi they'll live in tubes. Zoom the pixs well and you'll notice that only the main structural works have been carried out. Any kind of tech u think of can be added to the buildings as accessories
Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by cristianisraeli: 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
ThatCEO:
Impossible as it might sound, you can actually import those buildings in one piece to Nigeria. That is what they call concrete.

If you think it's not, check out a building collapse in Shanghai and you will see that they can actually freight it across the Atlantic. It was a geotechnica or soill failure, but the building was solid.

On the other hand, see how a building usually collapse in my Ogbonge contri.

oboy collapse na collapse forget all the grammar...the engineers no see am from the unset b4 them put foundation??
Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by ThatCEO: 12:22am On Aug 26, 2017
cristianisraeli:

oboy collapse na collapse forget all the grammar...the engineers no see am from the unset b4 them put foundation??

It's different. Would you like to have a crash in a Ferrari or a Danfo? Because I can guarantee that as long as the Ferrari doesn't catch fire, or enter a river, you will never die in that crash.
Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by cristianisraeli: 12:24am On Aug 26, 2017
ThatCEO:

It's different. Would you like to have a crash in a Ferrari or a Danfo? Because I can guarantee that as long as the Ferrari doesn't catch fire, or enter a river, you will never die in that crash.

LOL...oboy u funny walayi...i dont want to crash in any but crash na crash abegi
Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by ThatCEO: 12:32am On Aug 26, 2017
cristianisraeli:

LOL...oboy u funny walayi...i dont want to crash in any but crash na crash abegi

Actually, it's not about the crash, it's about building quality. I know a man who investigated that building collapse, every single calculation was complete and accurate. But there were other structures close to the building, and the foundation engineers decided not to calculate the influence of those structure on d building that later collapsed. This was a clear case of "pouring sand in my garri."
Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 26, 2017
dbull1:
Finally some1 with head

1 Like

Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by dbull1(m): 7:58am On Aug 27, 2017
drunkcow:

Finally some1 with head
wink wink cool cool
Re: China’s Ghost Cities And Abandoned Factories! by NouonlinePortal: 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
The National Open University of Nigeria screening starts today in all the Noun study centres Across the Nation. Yet to register? Follow guidelines below:

NOUONLINE.NET/REGISTRATION

DOWNLOAD 2019/2020 ACADEMIC CALENDAR

DOWNLOAD COURSE MATERIALS

(1) (Reply)

Do I Stand A Chance Of Studying Law With A Jamb Aggregate Of 266? / NYSC Corp Members Get Engaged After Barely Three Weeks In Camp (Photo) / How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.