Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products (5550 Views)

41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal / Nigeria-china Currency Swap, Commendable, But Requires Caution -NANTS / Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by froz(m): 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nigeria is partnering with China to address the importation of substandard products into the country, an official said Monday.

Addressing the press in Abuja, Ye Shuijin, President of China Chamber of Commerce Nigeria (CCCN), confirmed that most of the fake products imported into Nigeria were not made in China. He said the CCCN and the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) had put measures in place that would check the inflow of substandard products into the country.

According to Ye, some of the measures include reporting and sanctioning culprits and also ensuring companies imbibe and pursue quality at all times. “Most of the substandard products that came to Nigeria are not from China because the Chinese government has well-structured standards in place for its products. China products are of high quality, nonetheless, the Chinese government is already cooperating with the Nigerian government to promote the importation of quality products to Nigeria,” he said.

According to reports, sub-standard products are mostly common in the importation of iron rods, electronics, electrical consumables and fittings, among others. SON in 2016, raised the alarm that 40% of electrical and electronic appliances imported into Nigeria were sub-standard and had caused loss of lives and property. It was also observed that all kinds of uncertified food items were also being imported into the country.

He, however, urged the Nigerian Customs Service importers to be cautious and do more in checkmating inflow of substandard products at the nation’s seaports and borders. The CCCN president noted that the chamber of commerce and the government have always encouraged investors from China to invest in the manufacturing sector to support the development of the Nigerian economy.

SOURCE : https://brandspurng.com/nigeria-china-partner-to-curtail-importation-of-substandard-products/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2017
Quality is the way forward.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 29, 2017
Good move

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Benekruku(m): 7:25am On Aug 29, 2017
Partnering with the criminal itself grin grin grin

Nigeria could be funny most times!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Tunndeh(m): 7:25am On Aug 29, 2017
Nice.
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by enimooko: 7:25am On Aug 29, 2017
You want my people to go out of business

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Oladipo1166(m): 7:25am On Aug 29, 2017
nice one, great move

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Joshmedia1: 7:25am On Aug 29, 2017
Nice one

Check my signature
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 29, 2017
Not only in Nigerian China send substandard products to.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 29, 2017
What happened to the celebrated china naija currency swap deal o

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by itiswellandwell: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2017
Better
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by ruffhandu: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2017
Can this work woth corruption still what it is in this country? Customs, NPA, banks, agencies, all, are involved.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Generalyemi(m): 7:30am On Aug 29, 2017
we need good governance first...
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by mostyg(m): 7:34am On Aug 29, 2017
Wrong people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 29, 2017
"...most of the fake products imported into Nigeria were not made in China" Is it me or does anyone else also think that Mr. Ye just told a major lie?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Getintouch2004(m): 7:36am On Aug 29, 2017
Dead on arrival

Those Chinese business tycoons has got the cash. All they need do is throw in the money as usual and see the Nigerian officials comprise.

I pray this their step works out though.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by symbianDON(m): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2017
Mr. Ye is a damn liar! how can he say such a blatant lie that sub-standard products coming into Nigeria are not from China?? where then are they from? even a primary pupil knows that 'if it's fake/sub standard then it must be from China'. who knows sef, maybe it was the sub-standard version of Mr. Ye who spoke grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by themonk(m): 7:51am On Aug 29, 2017
This is similar to signing a contract with the devil to fight evil
OR
Having an agreement with sheakau to fight boko Haram.
undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by kn23h(m): 7:55am On Aug 29, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin So Ugandan Jews are in trouble

They're known for importing substandard nonsense and call the act "industrious".

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by wildchild02: 7:56am On Aug 29, 2017
Good move, hopefully it will work

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by DaV8King(m): 8:01am On Aug 29, 2017
Bros, una dey fake whole Apple store. shocked grin lipsrsealed

Abeg wetin be Naija bound products again? angry undecided

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/jul/25/fake-apple-stores-not-limited-to-china
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Orpe7(m): 8:05am On Aug 29, 2017
Our flat head ipob brothers will not like this
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by jerryunit48: 8:06am On Aug 29, 2017
Benekruku:
Partnering with the criminal itself grin grin grin

Nigeria could be funny most times!
You mean two criminals?
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Ogashub(m): 8:07am On Aug 29, 2017
How can Nigeria partner with the same China that makes/ produces the same substandard products
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Syphonn(m): 8:07am On Aug 29, 2017
Yesterday, North Korea fired a missile over Japan which the country's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has called the "most serious and grave ever" threat to the country.

The missile was fired just before 6 a.m. in Japan. The launch of the missile set off series of warnings in the northern part of the country urging people to seek shelter via messages on their mobile phones and there was panic among residents of the country.

Read the continuation at www.busygisting.com

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Rick9(m): 8:08am On Aug 29, 2017
Sniper12:
What happened to the celebrate china naija currency swap deal o
I wonder on, when dem dey use am make noise dat time
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by chris31(m): 8:35am On Aug 29, 2017
Nairalanders PH branch i am in need of help i just relocated to ph having successfully completed Nysc & i need to get myself busy pls anyone willing to help me get a job i will appreciate a lot. Thanks my people
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by pointstores(m): 8:37am On Aug 29, 2017
hi
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by Ximenez(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2017
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by talk2archy: 9:13am On Aug 29, 2017
Nice
Re: Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products by joepentwo(m): 11:38am On Aug 29, 2017
Nice move.. Dis Aba, Alagba nd computer village fake China copy product don cus wahala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Register Your Company With CAC Today And Be Your Own Boss / How Many Streams Of Income Do You Have? / Who Owns Abokifx.com?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.