Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Laptop Suddenly Freezes After 10-15 Minutes Of Browsing - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Suddenly Freezes After 10-15 Minutes Of Browsing (1727 Views)

9 Tips Of Browsing Faster / The Possibilty Of Browsing The Internet With Dstv, Hitv, Mytv, Trendtv Decoders / New Way Of Browsing Without Payin Zero kobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Suddenly Freezes After 10-15 Minutes Of Browsing by Alexos(m): 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2007
A friend of mine just got a so called 'Brand New Dual processor laptop' from someone he claimed to know.

But there seems to be a problem, when you connect the system to the internet to browse, within 10 - 15 minutes the system will suddenly freeze.

All possible diagnostic has been made. At a time, the firewall on the system was suspected and when it was disabled, it worked for up to 30 minutes and then freezes.

Can someone please explain what the likely problem of this Laptop is?
Re: Laptop Suddenly Freezes After 10-15 Minutes Of Browsing by Cactus(m): 11:09pm On Feb 12, 2007
If i were in your situation and I recieved a laptop from someone, I will reformat the drive and start afresh because I do not know what the person used it for and how good the person kept the system clean.

This will save time instead of trying to fix every single problem.

When u buy or recieve a laptop from a third party (not from manufacturer, it is advisable to reformat) because there could be software that track and record your activity, person information etc.

So think about reformatting.

Good luck
Re: Laptop Suddenly Freezes After 10-15 Minutes Of Browsing by Alexos(m): 12:37pm On Feb 13, 2007
Thanks for the reply cactus:

We have done that as well. The person sold it to my friend as a new one, but am suree he bought something else for him. I guess its a refurbished system. But he wouldnt agree to that.
Re: Laptop Suddenly Freezes After 10-15 Minutes Of Browsing by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2007
download and instal sysinternals process explorer on the system.this is an advaced version of windows task manager. it will show what app is eating up your laptops CPU resources(which is why your system keeps freezing.
google 'process explorer ' cheers. smiley
Re: Laptop Suddenly Freezes After 10-15 Minutes Of Browsing by Alexos(m): 11:37am On Feb 15, 2007
Thank you all,

Oyb, i'll try your suggestion out.
Re: Laptop Suddenly Freezes After 10-15 Minutes Of Browsing by Seun(m): 11:43am On Feb 15, 2007
Did it work?
Re: Laptop Suddenly Freezes After 10-15 Minutes Of Browsing by naijafan(m): 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2007
seun, give him more time nw. 6mins is too short
Re: Laptop Suddenly Freezes After 10-15 Minutes Of Browsing by Alexos(m): 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2007
I havent tried it yet, I just finished downloading the file.

i'll let ya all know if it worked.

(1) (Reply)

Starcomms Izap And Windows 7 Help! / How To Set Up Your Freedom / Clean Laptops Best Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.