Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

For Past Aggression - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / For Past Aggression (325 Views)

Essay Contest: Past Experience With Landlord/agent / Ghost Of The Past / Black Pages Of The Past (A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Past Aggression by Chamb01: 11:01am On Aug 26, 2017
FOR PAST AGGRESSION
EPISODE ll (THE CURSE)
I slowly made my way downstairs and to the sitting. There were several people in the room, some sitting while others were standing in groups discussing. All the discussions stopped and everyone turned to my direction as soon as I walked in. My head was swimming and felt like falling but I steadied myself and sank into the nearest chair. My aunty, aunty Folake came to my side, putting her hand on my forehand.
"Are you all right dear". She asked.
"I am"I replied.
"You gave us quite a scare few minutes ago but if you say you are all right then I guess we going to the funeral". She said. All I could do was to nod my head dully. I was not strong enough and I had wished that this was not happening but no way I was going to tell that to my aunt.
It's been 4 weeks since Stacy Morgan, my fiance died in an accident. She was a teacher in London and was coming back from work to the town where we stay when a drunk driver who lost control of his truck ran into her car. She died instantly. I was devastated. She met everything to me. For one week I couldn't do anything. It was like a part of me was dead.
But aunt Folake and uncle Ade my aunt's husband pulled me through. It was uncanny that this was the third time I was losing my fiance in over six years. First it was Stella Jason. She was shot in a grocery store a week after our engagement. Then it was Jess Hudson. She died in an accident just four days after our engagement and a month to our wedding. I met Jess two years after I lost Stella. And I met Stacy three years later after Jess death. Now she too was dead.
"You will be alright OK. You will pulled through." Uncle Ade was saying. I nodded my head again. I looked around the room and at the people who have come for the funeral. Just then I saw the most horrible thing in my life up till then.
A shadow walked across the room. It was the shape of a girl. She had blood all over. Her mouth was bleed and there was a gaping hole on her stomach. She turned towards me and point her fingers at me. Then she was gone. Everything took less than thirty seconds but I was visibly shaken. I was shivering now. The image refused to leave my head. I thought that was the most horrifying thing I could ever see.
But little did I more that was just beginning.

(1) (Reply)

Desirous Contempt / Scribespad Online Writing And Reading Community / A Wandering Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.