Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Here Are 10 Essentials You Need To Have In Your Hospital Bag For Birthing - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Here Are 10 Essentials You Need To Have In Your Hospital Bag For Birthing (1425 Views)

Share Your Hospital Bill Experience / Doctors. Please Do You Have Abandoned Volvo In Your Hospital? / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Are 10 Essentials You Need To Have In Your Hospital Bag For Birthing by gechyy2(f): 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
During my pregnancy days, mothers to be where usually advised to pack hospital bags at 7months, and I took that advice to heart though I never found myself in a precarious situation, as some mothers tell stories of how their baby came when they hadn’t even bought anything for the new born not to talk about packing the hospital bag. Some even ended up with an emergency contribution of clothes and wraps from other mothers. Yours shouldn’t be like that as I have put down 10 essential things you need to pack in your hospital bag for yourself and baby. You just have to be prepared because the baby can come knocking at a time you never imagined and of course you wouldn’t want hubby running around to get stuff at that point. Whether you are going to have a vaginal delivery or Cesarean just Pack.

Here are 10 essentials you need to have in your Hospital Bag.

For Baby:

1. Body Suits, Overalls
2. Socks, caps, hand gloves
3. Blankets, Wraps, Towel
4. Soap, Sponge or Foam, Baby Oil, Shea butter
5. Newborn Diaper and Wipes
6. Hot water Flask
7. Glucose- If you have difficulty nursing immediately you could give baby glucose and warm water or Formula
8. Methylated Spirit and Cotton Wool
9. Cup and Spoon
10. Comb

For Mother:

1. Nighties with opening in front for easy breastfeeding
2. Gowns with front opening
3. Sanitary pads (LadySept)
4. Breast Pads, Pants, Nursing Bra
5. Books to read
6. Wrapper
7. Bathing soap, sponge, towel
8. Makeup- Yes! Makeup, it may be the last thing on your mind during your stay but when you are ready to go home, girl you definitely need a face-lift.
9. Bathroom slippers, buckets, soap dish
10. Tea cups, spoon, and beverage, Jugs for boiling hot water

Did i miss out any? share your's

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Isalu Hospital Location / Why Is Coronavirus Recovery Rate In Nigeria Slower Than In Ghana / Causes Of Infection In Women That Affect Their Giving Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.