Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Restructure NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Restructure NYSC (766 Views)

Restructure Nysc Now!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructure NYSC by totorimi: 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
The NYSC program was created by the then military government to reconcile Nigerians after the unfortunate civil war that claimed many lives. It is now 47 years ago since the war ended and the curriculum still remains the same old para military training which in essence doe not empower the youth after graduation.

I feel it has become extremely necessary to restructure that program along the lines of empowerment. Since we are now in a stable democartic system, the scheme can be effectively split into two halves of six months each. The first six months can be for para military whil the other half is for skill acquisition in any field such as tailoring,retail trading, GSM phone repair, painting,printing, auto repair, farming (agro, fish, poultry, piggery, etc).

In my opinion this will empower the youths to go into self employment, government can then give them soft loans with their degree as collaterals.
Re: Restructure NYSC by abdeiz(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
Hey not bad at all, also the paramilitary training should be compulsory while the skill acquisition should not be.

But I still believe that posting of Corpers to educational institutions shouldn't be stopped at all.

Or rather why not just scrap it all and give all the Corpers a handsome paycheck shikena.

1 Like

Re: Restructure NYSC by solelymade: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
Why I join voice to shout 'restructure' the NYSC scheme if that is the right word for it; though I believe the word revisit the fundamentals of the program would be better. I must say there is no major shift that should happen except for making the service truly optional for graduates (it can be debated though). Prompt adjustments to the welfare aspects of the scheme to better cater for Corp members during the service year is most paramount. I am quite mentally lazy to highlight and explain areas where this should be directed little I can list is during Orientation camps: accommodation all it attendants facilities, meals, kits and an upward review of the allowances.

Asides, truly NYSC is the most effectual of all fg govt parastals I have ever encountered though their level of effectiveness is at the lowest of desires for a country wishing to return to her greatness.
Re: Restructure NYSC by TEEBLUE88(m): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2017
dia s sense in Ur post op

(1) (Reply)

“no Work,no Pay”: Nasu, Ssanu, Naat In Closed-door With Fg / Rivers Govt To Start Paying 2011 Batch A Corpers From Monday / Still On NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.