Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,009 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

I received an offer for a 2000 model Volvo S70 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I received an offer for a 2000 model Volvo S70 (1248 Views)

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / Volvo XC40 Named European Car Of The Year / 2018 Volvo XC40 Unveiled As A Small Premium SUV - Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I received an offer for a 2000 model Volvo S70 by psalmson001: 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2017
My cousin is offering to sell his 2000 model Volvo S70 to me at a family price, and im considering buying it.......please i need professional advice from volvo experts about this car. What are the merits & demerits of this car?
Re: I received an offer for a 2000 model Volvo S70 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
psalmson001:
My cousin is offering to sell his 2000 model Volvo S70 to me at a family price, and im considering buying it.......please i need professional advice from volvo experts about this car. What are the merits & demerits of this car?

cc valarinz
Re: I received an offer for a 2000 model Volvo S70 by princetom1(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
psalmson001:

GAZZUZZ go and sleep tongue, after all the lifting and fixing. Valarinz where art dou? Op, tell valarinz the price o, what u considered family price might be exorbitant rate o. U can never tell
Re: I received an offer for a 2000 model Volvo S70 by valarinz: 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
psalmson001:

Apart from the "family price" tag, which I presume is the main catch, what else do you love about the car? If sincerely on your mind there's not much then it's better you let go

The engine is usually 5cyl 24valve and to be very frank, not so good on fuel economy. Parts are dirt cheap of course but you need someone who is versed in European cars to be your mechanic.

The car doesn't have much electrical sensors and the rpm can also be manually adjusted from the engine(of you're one of those who go that route to ease up on fuel consumption).

Major demerits is the interior, mainly the dash. Once it starts falling apart it's catastrophic and there will be plenty patch up everywhere. The Ac too most times are too problematic

Most of them I encounter hardly have shocks and leg issues so I can say it's a pass mark on that department, but the car shape for me - Naaa(looks like a box). But since you're asking to know more about the car it means you're cool with it, so enjoy!!!

3 Likes

Re: I received an offer for a 2000 model Volvo S70 by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
volvoking summarised it. car is a mess grin

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please Note: Electrified Cars And Electric Cars Are Different! / Please What External Parts Do I Need To Upgrade 2007 Camry To 2010 / Is It An Issue For Car Coolant Not To Decrease Or Reduce? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.