Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Between Saturday And Sunday Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Saturday And Sunday Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day (377 Views)

Don't Demand For Rewards After/before Service. (Sabbath Day) / How To Work Right On Sabbath Day / Saturday Or Sunday? Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day As Stated In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Saturday And Sunday Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day by ogajaki(m): 8:33am On Aug 27, 2017
this two days have been confusing me. so I want to know. which day is the real sabbath day. some said it is the Saturday and others said it is sunday.
if it is the Saturday why do we go to church on Sunday and work on Saturday.

somebody save a soul o.

lalasticlala
seun
Re: Between Saturday And Sunday Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day by immortalcrown(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2017
Religious Controversy.

Bible states that God rested on the seventh day. According to calendar, the seventh day is Saturday.

But Colonizers inculcated in most of African christians the habbit of taking the first day of the week as the seventh day. Consequently, people rest on the first day of the week instead of on the seventh day. I think the schedule was made by world demonic rulers so that every week is marked by laziness and ungodly activities.

One day, there will be a proposal to call Saturday 'the sixth day of the week'.

Confused Society.
Re: Between Saturday And Sunday Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2017
saturday
Re: Between Saturday And Sunday Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day by ogajaki(m): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
saturday
explain further please
Re: Between Saturday And Sunday Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day by BigBelleControl(m): 9:30am On Aug 27, 2017
Constantine Made Sunday a Civil Rest Day
When Emperor Constantine I—a pagan sun-worshipper—came to power in A.D. 313, he legalized Christianity and made the first Sunday-keeping law. His infamous Sunday enforcement law of March 7, A.D. 321, reads as follows: “On the venerable Day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed.” ( Codex Justinianus 3.12.3, trans. Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, 5th ed. (New York, 1902), 3:380, note 1.)

http://cgi.org/who-changed-the-sabbath-to-sunday/

(1) (Reply)

Don't Resist; Run! / Kingdom Youth International !!! / Lets Think About It?....jokes Aside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.