Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

You Can Always Do Something Different - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / You Can Always Do Something Different (274 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Always Do Something Different by NosaH(m): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nugget of the week!!
Sometimes, some popular saying could be "limiting words" ,in this part of the world, we intend to follow some proverbial words, and forget the wisdom behind them .. some proverbial words Could serve as words of wisdom and instructional quote, and some could be misconstrued, and by so doing we get wrong "literal and proverbial meaning"...
Some weeks back, I was a home observing my leisure, then I heard a song on the radio, it was actually done by some of the fast hiphop rising musicians, the song has it chorus as"wetin you wan do, wey dem never do before?" which has it literary meaning as "what you think of doing, that hasn't be done before?"..
"What you want to do, that has never be done before!!" is one of the 1001 limiting words, people alter these whenever things don't go as planned, but the truth is that some existing innovation or ideas can be modified&be re engineered and make the same idea DIFFERENT..
Some years back, people didn't pay a listening hear to the entertainment industry in Nigeria, comedy industry to precise, because somethings hasn't be done from the norms!! But now people pay millions to see a show! In fact, wole arole and Kennyblac are one of the guys making it Big in the industry, because of their differential creativity and idea "prophetic comedian and "music comedian" has that ever happened in history of Entertainment Industry??
Moving from the show bis, What about Ben carson?.. He did what hasn't be done in Medical profession, "the first neuron surgeon to lead a team of doctors, to seperate a set of con joined twin in the Head successfully" even if that has be done, which I doubt, But isn't as pronounced as that of the team of Carson!!"
Moving down to own political terrain, Babtunde Raji fashola, who is a lawyer by profession, became SAN" I know most know what it takes to be a Senior Advocate of Nigeria",He became a Governor for 8 years!!! and was later nominated for political appointments [Minister] and of course he became "Minister of three portfolios" I doubt if that has be achieved!!
Some many people have attained Reputable and an Enviable feat, position.. most went as far as breaking the jinx... some popular saying can go as far as limiting your potentials,skill and creativity, if not true then, we won't be having Record Breakers
#MotivationalMondaywithNosaH

(1) (Reply)

Study In India / Energy And Mass Relations / Post-utme: Obafemi Awolowo University Announced (200 Marks And Above).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.